Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have an idea for my „Pyra- Welcome Picture „ :
Pyra on Table, whit the Boards Open, and my Pyra Cup whit Coffee at its Side :)
(Pyra on Top of our Unimog and in my Hands whyle i wear my Beeceeper Suit, but that’s standard)
5e951579a41f83ee81313df5f8ed6ccf.jpg
a0ebc0110b4cba2b0e8a4f70277595e4.jpg

ED, can you please provide an update on what is going on with the cases in Greece, the prototypes and our Pyras?

I'm trying to stay positive here, but it feels likes ages since the last official update.
Are things actually moving forwards?

Sorry to chase, but I think the community has been ridiculously patient, and I'm guessing things have moved on?

Cheers, Gren.

So prototypes confirned to be shipping.

They've been shipping for at least 18 months, to my recollection, or are you referring to the paid prototypes? All I've seen on that front suggests ED's been mailing the paid prototypers, perhaps asking finally what colour they want and if they want vents or not.

But we haven't even seen any progress from Azouls yet concerning those vents. Maybe he's just busy fettling them himself.

And don't forget the case factory was shut for much of August. Progress can be expected to slow in August and at Christmas in these kind of things.

ED, can you please provide an update on what is going on with the cases in Greece, the prototypes and our Pyras?

This is just a short answer - I have a pretty complex video to edit which will go on air on Sunday. This wasn't planned and came in with a pretty short deadline, so it keeps me busy for 14 hours a day at the moment.
Next week I'll have more time.

Various changes have been applied. Air vents have been added, the shoulder buttons received a small peg that keeps them from moving out too far and the one where the spring is added has been made a bit thicker as well.

You can see this on these pictures:

70041788_2418063964949139_4567509621203271680_n.jpg 70767042_761705094294575_9041233503307431936_n.jpg 70153746_494428821397038_216946554831896576_n.jpg

Additionally, blue and (darker) grey cases have been produced.
Don't judge the color from the photos - the blue on the photos is all the same color even though it looks different in one of them. :)
I'll let you know how they look once I receive them.

70501985_2599723986732953_3581569856585072640_n.jpg

Black cases (with a colored material that will hide the visible issues) will be produced this Saturday.
Once that has happened, all of them go to me and then we're basically ready.

The feeding for one mould has been changed as it left plastic behind that we needed to manually cut.
It can't be fully fixed but at least only a little bit needs to be cut now:

69949806_3024593207556400_1140727658661806080_n.jpg

So yeah, we can't fix everything the previous company did badly, but it will work :)

I'm trying to stay positive here, but it feels likes ages since the last official update.

There was GamesCom, then catching up with work and then the additional trailer came in... so I'm just lacking time.

ToastBucket has also received a prototype and is already working on low-level stuff.
So all major devs have the latest version now and as has been mentioned above, all the paid prototype orderers have been asked what they would like to get :)

And the case company was closed in August, so nothing happened then as well.

Are things actually moving forwards?

Yes, there's a lot of various stuff happening, I just didn't have time to post all this :)

They've been shipping for at least 18 months, to my recollection, or are you referring to the paid prototypes? All I've seen on that front suggests ED's been mailing the paid prototypers, perhaps asking finally what colour they want and if they want vents or not.

Yes, exactly.

But we haven't even seen any progress from Azouls yet concerning those vents. Maybe he's just busy fettling them himself.

He sent me a few pictures directly (the above ones).
But while they were on holiday, someone broke into the company, so they had a bit of a mess to clean up as well - so he's pretty busy himself right now.

official news anyone? ... official news!

cool, thanks ed for the update! blue color looks nice.
i will add huge 3m (not meters, the company) rubberfeets to cool the pyra in standing/desktop-mode.

and hands off azoul's company damn' thieves!!! :-||

I guess they didn't know what they were breaking into. Injection moulds are pretty heavy bits of kit as we know from the stories of merely moving them across the yard from one firm to another, and I must imagine injection moulding machines are similarly hefty to cope with them. Perhaps they were just after some plastics left in a bin or something, so I'm hoping they aren't starting a black market in Pyra case spares!

or maybe it was formaction to leech some skills how to build cases the right way?
we should opensource the whole process in time, so they don't have to do this again.

I guess they didn't know what they were breaking into. Injection moulds are pretty heavy bits of kit as we know from the stories of merely moving them across the yard from one firm to another, and I must imagine injection moulding machines are similarly hefty to cope with them. Perhaps they were just after some plastics left in a bin or something, so I'm hoping they aren't starting a black market in Pyra case spares!

It was the copper they were after. There's a lot of copper in there as well.

Thanks for the news ED. Very much appreciated. Good success with that trailer job! (Sounds weird in English - found no other translation for Gelingen.)

Thanks for the update ED, it was very much needed.
The vents are on lower side, Will they work when pyra is on a table ?

Do the vents really make much difference? Feels a shame to have them IMO, just another place for dirt and dust to get inside the case.
Maybe that post of ED's could be spilt into s new topic in official news by himself or @Wally so people don't miss it?

Do the vents mean it will be easy to add in a fan? Or do they improve heat dissipation on their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back