Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in Munich and I just missed the bus by 2 minutes because some slowpokes were blocking the stairway and didn't move aside...now I have to stay here for one more hour. Yay.

And this is the Reason i always carry my Pandora:)
Even if it’s ditnt get much to do these days,
Today whe had a shutdown on the place I work due to a meantenance on the power system in the street, so whe had to make the counting of the day money whitout the big pc
So I brought my Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse whit me
Unfortunately i made a mistake whit the excel and i ditnt know how to fix the syntax fast on Pandora this little screen
So i think whit a bigger screen and more power (Pyra) the job could made done much successfuly ^^

The other day, some month ago, whe had a booth on a market and my Boss forgot the Order whit the Market Prices of some of our stuff whe wanted to sell,
So i draw my Pandora, opened libre office calc and the File from my USB Stick,
Unfortunately this time I ditnt found the item whe look for..
But It’s always a great feeling if you know you have a whole little Linux Computer in your Pocket..
Also by using it’s in public, you have a great item to start conversations ^^

Das is a kleena Linux Computa, gab es mohl im Internet (It’s a little Linux PC, whas once available in internet)
Most people wouldn’t know what a DS is,

PowerGod reminds me of Elw3 mentioning that he met someone at Gamescom one year who pointed to the Pyra on display in the retro section and said he used to have one when he was a kid.

Sadly, that guy went into a police box, which then vanished into thin air, before Elw3 could get future ED's contact info from him. :(

And since the Pandora is just a rip-off of the DS it is hard to differentiate them from each other. Even the official site says that the Pandora is "about the same … as a Nintendo DS" (some text removed for brevity). One time I wanted to use my Pandora on vacation so I grabbed it and took it with me but after using it for four days I suddenly realised that I did not have a Pandora and that I had been using my DS all that time!

Maybe we can prevent this from happening with the Pyra if we remove the Pyra logo from the back and instead make it a "Not 3DS" logo.

Even the official site says that the Pandora is "about the same … as a Nintendo DS" (some text removed for brevity).
From the Pyra "About" page :

"You will not find [...] ports"

"Smart users are [...] blind"

"keep your money and reach for a useful device [...] that will be there for you"

"Buy a [...] new device."

"The total number of preorders has [...] you be required to pay the remaining cost of the Pyra."
"Regular videos will be [...] implemented to the final PCB-design, and the case is [...] it fits together perfectly."
"get work done [...] as a photography asset."

"Debian GNU/Linux means even your oldest relative can [...] be downloaded within the operating system, it even takes care of [...] them"
"If you want to get fancy, [...] port [...] your hearts content."

Some text removed for brevity. :p

I just re-read the first post in which ED said "1000 keymats ordered". Does that mean first batch will produce only 1000 pyras ?
My pre-order number is surely >1000. :(

I just re-read the first post in which ED said "1000 keymats ordered". Does that mean first batch will produce only 1000 pyras ?
My pre-order number is surely >1000. :(
Unless EvilDragon has changed his mind, the first batch will be only 500 units (600 allowing for rejects).

I too ordered after 1000 (Around 1010, I think.), so I hope he does change his mind, but I can't really see how he can: IIRC the reasons he gave for 500 were financial ones.

Just have to hope that the second (and third?) batch will follow quickly after the first!

[Why is it that I always have to edit my posts?! One'd think I could see the typos etc. before posting rather than after!]

Last edited:
I too ordered after 1000 (Around 1010, I think.), so I hope he does change his mind, but I can't really see how he can: IIRC the reasons he gave for 500 were financial ones.

Just have to hope that the second (and third?) batch will follow quickly after the first!

[Why is it that I always have to edit my posts?! One'd think I could see the typos etc. before posting rather than after!]
Given the number of cancellations we received just before I had to stop tracking the preorders, I'd expect most people posting here to be in the first or second batches. But we never knew for sure how long people had been waiting before cancelling their preorders, so it's not possible to differentiate between people always cancelling pretty quickly, and taking their preorders off the near end of the queue (and therefore not shuffling many people up) and people waiting for a while before cancelling, and taking their preoders off nearer the start of the queue.

I suspect it depends how well sales pick up how quickly ED feels the need to continue production into the second batch. If things remain quiet it might make the best sense to wait until people had given things a spin and developments on improvements were ongoing (especially if any hardware glitches are found). But if things pick up the way some of us are predicting, he may be advised to kick off production as soon as again.

As for editing comments, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Reactions: rSl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back