Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

λ the β-Redex Reducer

β-Redex Reducing Member
The Retrostone has almost no features and bad specs. I think that the Pyra is comparatively cheaper. I would not buy the Retrostone since it has nothing special. Not even a keyboard to do on-the-go Haskell. also no mobile internet to check hoogle with. The Pyra is the ultimate complete device except that it lacks a outward facing camera and USB-C port.

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Jolla Smartphone / Tablet (both not expensive)
Where do you actually find any Jolla/Sailfish phones? I can't find a single one. The closest I got was searching Amazon.co.uk for an Xperia to reflash, and they cost about £400

Grench

Forum Addict!
So, if all you're after is a disposable handheld device to play a few games or a specific console emulator from, there are lots of options out there.

The Pyra isn't going to have the horsepower of a modern desktop - if you think it should, you're delusional.

However, if you're looking for a general purpose computing device with awesome controls for gaming, an efficient and relatively easy to learn thumb keyboard, good connectivity and insane storage capabilities; or even any two of those capabilities; then you're in the camp with the rest of us where the Pyra ticks all of your check boxes.

Yes, the Pyra costs more than a lot of other things, chewing gum for example. That does not mean that the Pyra is expensive.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
So are we realistically on track for a December release? When will prototype pre-orderer's get theirs? I have been quiet on here recently (i got married) patiently waiting on my pyra though.

Swordfish II

Very Active Member
Well aTc has had like 4 of them...
I'm jelly
[doublepost=1566928143,1566928055][/doublepost]
So are we realistically on track for a December release? When will prototype pre-orderer's get theirs? I have been quiet on here recently (i got married) patiently waiting on my pyra though.
Call me pessimistic but IMO no. Simply put there has never been a big push to get it out so I'm predicting 2020 at the earliest.

azouls

Good morning all .Samples from Colors arrived . This week we will finish with the mold that needs to create an Air Fan for the Case . So next Week in Saturday 07/09/2019 we will do new samples .It might take 2 saturdays to finish this cause there are 4 colors (black,Grey,Red,Blue) and 6 molds ,That means i need to upload molds 24 times on injection machine .I am not so good like ED on making videos but i will try my best to gather some Data and send it to ED

Attachments

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
Yes, the Pyra costs more than a lot of other things, chewing gum for example. That does not mean that the Pyra is expensive.
I agree with your point, though I disagree with your wording. Pyra is certainly expensive. There is however a difference between being expensive and being too expensive, and also a difference between expense and value for money.

- Neelix

Askarus

Hardcore Member
Small update from my side:
I've done a little work tweaking the MATE desktop.
With my modifications it will look and feel similar to the Pandora desktop now.
I merged the two panels into one, added the Pyra button hotkey to open the menu and added "Emulation" as a main category under "Applications".
As an addition I made a dark and light Pyra theme, so everyone can easily swap between those.

Status
Not open for further replies.