"estimated" Release Date

Would you rather wait for a completely working pandora or not?

• Yes! I need fully working wifi!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, the updates will do.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

We need a ship date page that shows a random date as the ship date.
It will be fun to watch that date get closer and further away (mostly further).

Perhaps some bookies will take ship date bets.

"Your son's order is confirmed and the estimated release date is July. He will receive a confirmation of shipping email on the day his order is despatched."
Woo! If this is the real, informed, ship-date estimate that's great. Even if we assume that it slips to mid-August I'd still be happy.

If it's not the real, informed ship-date, I hope Craig speaks up soon so we don't all get our hopes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Your son's order is confirmed and the estimated release date is July. He will receive a confirmation of shipping email on the day his order is despatched."
Woo! If this is the real, informed, ship-date estimate that's great. Even if we assume that it slips to mid-August I'd still be happy.

If it's not the real, informed ship-date, I hope Craig speaks up soon so we don't all get our hopes up.
July is good, if i have it before July the 20th. because im going on holiday to france at the 23th. and i need 3 days to put some emulators, games, music, and convert video's for it.

or....is converting nessecary? what kinds of formats will the media player play?

or....is converting nessecary? what kinds of formats will the media player play?
All of them!
Or so it's believed. Might have some problems with higher quality h264 videos I believe was mentioned, but the basic mpeg, divx, xvid, wmv, etc... codecs should be fine. I think. Maybe. Wait and see?

July is good, if i have it before July the 20th. because im going on holiday to france at the 23th. and i need 3 days to put some emulators, games, music, and convert video's for it.
Yeah, I'm going on holiday the 25th of July so it would be a small dream come true ;) But why would you need three days too prepare your stuff? mkdir pandora/ on a SDcard and put your stuff there right now so you're ready when it's finished.

I wouldn't get my hopes up though. What I understand from the information that has been shared- it's still much too do

I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but that (July) is what the e-mail I received said also. I've set my expectations at more like four to six months though, so I won't get too perturbed if July passes.

I'm prepared to say July.
CC_machine, it's time to update your sig!

Pandora Release Date: March/April ... April/May ... June/July ... September [August preorder] ... Unknown (release date removed from site) ... November [September preorder] ... Dec/Jan/Feb? Oh so it's mid-Feb now is it? ... March/April (no longer possible) ... May/June (best case) (no (longer plausible) ... Unknown (no date, again) ... July

Back