Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

reiboul posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:52 PM said:
Moxie posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:34 AM said:
Heh :)

Back to the compability things - Did anyone try the Suikoden games? Seing as they, too, are RPG classics that I Really Should Get Around To Playing, but not 3D and so not as resource-heavy, I'd be interested in that.

Yes, yes, I know, I should do it myself :) Only, then I need a new SD card, so just wondering if anyone tried already...

I haven't got this game, but maybe you can try using Samba file charing if you wan't to try PSX games without copying them on your SD card

Mhm...But it was more like "Before I go through the chore of ripping these to test them *and* transfer them to a new card, I might as well se if someone did it already" :)

Is there anyone doing their PSX-game-to-.bin-image on linux? Do you use any particular settings/cdrecord-flags?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, some people say that the download link on the 21st page of this topic is no longer working for them, can anyone fix this please? Thanks

Twimfy posted on Sep 5 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
Im currently gibbering in the corner awaiting an update.

I know everyone might think am a freak with nerdy glasses, but I have all my home and work machines browser's home page set to this thread, I am literally checking this thread more than X hundred times a day since I spend more than 12 hours daily online (Don't tell anyone, but I even have it as my homepage on my pocket PC :wacko: )

lol... i have the gp32x page as my homepage on all my machines, laptop, work pc, linux box... and I check wherever I am at the moment if something new has been released. I used to check this thread hundreds of time a day (well the predecessors) but I got bored and now I am patiently waiting. But now it`s the clonk thread that I am watching like I was obsessed... seriously, I think I need councelling... this is getting out of hand and I am scaring myself. lol ;-)

Moxie posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:06 AM said:
Is there anyone doing their PSX-game-to-.bin-image on linux? Do you use any particular settings/cdrecord-flags?

I am. Note, though, that for test images, I don't rip movies or compress images (why introduce more possible stumbling points?)

I actually don't use cdrecord or dd.

Code:
cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile $TITLE.bin --device ATAPI:/dev/hda --driver generic-mmc-raw $TITLE.toc

Make sure to replace /dev/hda with your CDRom device (unless you're using an IDE CD drive and SATA hard drives like I am, it's VERY unlikely that your CDrom is /dev/hda).

BTW, could anyone hook me up with a copy of Alpha 3c? I missed the window thanks to a hellish work/school combination. Yeesh.

Hi :)

Well work is still in progress it seems.
Here's how were splitting up the work:

Me:
- (DONE) Fix the root counters and interrupts with a much easier set of code. This one was annoying me to the point I just replaced the entire code by hand.
This fixed the super-fast spinning ships in Wipeout XL's menu and I'm sure it fixed other timer-related issues as well. It also allows the user to change the VSync rate at any point in the game instead of the "underclocking" setting. Changing the VSync rate affects the timing of the interrupts which occur during the vblank, so by tweaking this setting you might get more FPS, and it might allow games that don't like the current VSync rate to work now.
- I'm going to work with Unai to improve the performance of the dynarec by removing the need to clear the register mapping.
- I'm also going to work with Unai to get a new dynarec translation cache system, though this isn't as high a priority, it's still useful.

Unai:
- He's detailing to me the dynarec translation cache system he has in mind. This will prevent those single frame length framedrops when the cache needs to be cleared.
- He's also helping me improve the dynarec's speed by removing the need to clear the register mapping that is happening way too often.

Tinnus:
- He's waiting for me to give him the my newest codebase.
- When he gets the new codebase, he'll be working on peephole optimizations on the dynarec as well as other things he randomly seems to notice. ;P
- Possibly convert the GTE (used in 3D games for math) to ARM assembly.

I'd like to get a release with better performance out as soon as possible. Mainly for the fact that this thread is on it's 33rd page, and we need a new release to talk about. ;P

Time to get back to work on the dynarec...

Amazing work chaps. I've only recently come on board with picking up this project and seeing what it can do and what has been achieved so far is very impressive :)

Yup, I just got some ASM code for the matrix multiplications in the GTE.

ie: the slowest thing in the entire emulator likely :p

It's good having news from you guys ;) I was becoming depressive :ph34r: Eager to see what the next version will look like! Maybe in some years I will be able to help you, when I will know more about coding <_<

Most people who I show my GP2X to are really impressed but dont believe ps emulation will be any good. I'm so looking forward to the next version you wouldnt believe!!!

Time to set up paypal account Tinnus? :p

Back