Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

Tinnus posted on Sep 2 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
No problem :p

Not sure about others, but usually I don't say too much technical stuff since most people wouldn't understand :p And then to avoid stuff like "now explain that to me..." heh :)

Be careful when you tell Zod. We all know he loves his branches.

(some of us are developers too)

Last edited by a moderator:
oOoOo Pointed out an interesting thing. I mean look at this topic. It's 10% informative and 90% "GOD WE LOVE YOU ZODTTD".

I'm not trying to tell that zodttd and rest of the psx4all team don't deserve respect, they do! They deserve helluva respect!

But it gets really annoying. And tell me what is the point of writing tons of messages like "OMG. It sounds wonderfull!" or "I completely don't understand what you're saying but good job". It's good when said once...or not frequently but what you can see here is in my point of view unnecessery.

I'm sorry if someone will feel offended, that wasn't my point, I just wanted to state my point of view ^^

kardasan posted on Sep 2 2006 at 06:29 AM said:
oOoOo Pointed out an interesting thing. I mean look at this topic. It's 10% informative and 90% "GOD WE LOVE YOU ZODTTD".

I'm not trying to tell that zodttd and rest of the psx4all team don't deserve respect, they do! They deserve helluva respect!

But it gets really annoying. And tell me what is the point of writing tons of messages like "OMG. It sounds wonderfull!" or "I completely don't understand what you're saying but good job". It's good when said once...or not frequently but what you can see here is in my point of view unnecessery.

I'm sorry if someone will feel offended, that wasn't my point, I just wanted to state my point of view ^^

hmm, you're right. but this topic is still a lot shorter than the other one... and remember that forums are often the denizens of the severely bored.

Loubear posted on Sep 2 2006 at 02:39 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on Sep 1 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
o0o0o posted on Sep 2 2006 at 12:41 AM said:
I don't understand the secrecy in this thread. Is this project eventually going to be pay-to-play or something? Just seems like a lot of closed source/closeted information going on with this project for no apparent reason.

Public, non-perfect beta's have a nasty habit of transforming goodmannered forum-dwellers into frothing, meanspirited whining bastard.

You mean...like me right?

No idea. I don't pay attention to, well, anything. :p

I totally agree with kardasan

it's the news zone, not the developer's area, but still people should be aware that not every single psx4all user must post fancy thanks and so on to the authors...

Lint posted on Sep 2 2006 at 05:32 PM said:
I totally agree with kardasan

it's the news zone, not the developer's area, but still people should be aware that not every single psx4all user must post fancy thanks and so on to the authors...

:lol: I think there are more annoying things than fancy thanks in the life of a developer! :lol:
(some news, a lot of people are pleased, thats all)
btw kardasan: your post is off topic too (no dynarec-news)!! ;)

On the other hand, whilst it does get annoying, it's also much better than having a whole string of news posts with only one person psoting to say how good it sounds - ok, maybe if everyone else were PM-ing like crazy, it'd work, but otherwise, it just looks like we're not interested.

And imo, we definitely are!

So... good to hear, Tinnus - hope it works out as well as you're hoping :)

Hi everyone,

I'm back! :)
I got my GP2X from EvilDragon, and it's working great! I haven't been able to talk to Unai yet, but Tinnus is very excited about some findings of his that he's about to share with me.

I have lots of work to do, but will make sure I can find some time to update everyone with the status of psx4gp2x tommorow. By then I will be more situated.

Thanks for holding things down while I was away! :)

If tinnus idea goes as plan, do you think we'll have sound sooner than expected, and speed increases in the next release, not trying to sound impatient or anything.

Welcome back zodttd! Really looking forward to more updates on what's possibly the most impressive GP2X emu out there.

In response to what kardasan said...

I think it's great that we have a friendly community that thanks coders for their hard work. It lets the coders know that people care about their releases, and besides, it's fun getting excited over these things.

icurafu posted on Sep 4 2006 at 04:33 PM said:
Welcome back.

Thanks goes out to ED for wearing the cost of the GP2X.

I'm guessing he has them just lying around his house :)

sand_man posted on Sep 4 2006 at 07:11 AM said:

He builds little caves with them and hides inside, just like an "evil dragon" should. :ph34r:

gaterooze posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:17 PM said:

He builds little caves with them and hides inside, just like an "evil dragon" should. :ph34r:

He sleeps on a pile of them, waiting for so-called adventures to try and steal them.

Heh :)

Back to the compability things - Did anyone try the Suikoden games? Seing as they, too, are RPG classics that I Really Should Get Around To Playing, but not 3D and so not as resource-heavy, I'd be interested in that.

Yes, yes, I know, I should do it myself :) Only, then I need a new SD card, so just wondering if anyone tried already...

icurafu posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
gaterooze posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:17 PM said:

He sleeps on a pile of them, waiting for so-called adventures to try and steal them.

exactly! that would make a really funny comic strip! lol :)

Moxie posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:34 AM said:

Back to the compability things - Did anyone try the Suikoden games? Seing as they, too, are RPG classics that I Really Should Get Around To Playing, but not 3D and so not as resource-heavy, I'd be interested in that.

Yes, yes, I know, I should do it myself :) Only, then I need a new SD card, so just wondering if anyone tried already...

I haven't got this game, but maybe you can try using Samba file charing if you wan't to try PSX games without copying them on your SD card
There are a lot of links around here, and FAQs to help you configuring GP2X network

Glad to see our Master is back, armed with his brand-new mighty GP2X, and tons if ideas!! I'm looking forward to test the improvements ;)

Moxie posted on Sep 4 2006 at 09:34 AM said:

I tried the first one with the Pre-dynarec emu. It was incredibly smooth, but... well... probably playing at about a quarter of the speed it should have been. If that.

Back