Release Dune Dynasty - Classic Dune 2. Modern Controls.

ah yea, thx. my nub were set as joystick so i never considered trying it to right click. 

Just to add to all the praise here - this game works really well with the stylus. Very fun. I love the new version enhancements.

I just spent an entire afternoon playing it.

Is it possible to map L1 to - right click? That would work really well for right handed stylus users (me!).

It took me ages to figure out that after clicking once to place a building you can adjust the location with the dpad before clicking again to confirm it. No more misplaced buildings.:)

Now I remember why I played with the english version back then… french voices are awful xD 

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me ages to figure out that after clicking once to place a building you can adjust the location with the dpad before clicking again to confirm it. No more misplaced buildings.:)
Even help windows are a problem there... when you click to place a building and the window appear you have to click to close it and then you can't click anymore or you'll place the building... while with those tips disactive you can move the building with the stylus before confirm the placement

Just to add to all the praise here - this game works really well with the stylus. Very fun. I love the new version enhancements.

I just spent an entire afternoon playing it.

Is it possible to map L1 to - right click? That would work really well for right handed stylus users (me!).

I wiil try to map (L)+left click to right click. No promisses, looks not easy to do.

New build on the repo. Use the stylus + trigger to right click. Fully useable with de touchscree + dpad + pandora buttons :)

Build 04

----------

• Added (L) and ® to right click. So you can rightclick with stylus pressing either trigger

Enjoy some more Pandora's Spice ;)

Also, as noted on previous post, with Hints disabled, you have the chance to move with DPad the construction you built. That's nice with stylus control !

For me.. since this new version the game  appears  and plays only on my desktop. Was not visible in menu and was previously there. Using XFCE GUI.

I tried downloading 3x . Each time the game name did not appear via menu>games. Same with appdata folder. However once placed in apps folder the game icon appeared on desktop and played very nicely.

All of my apps on want shown on my desktop i place in apps folder.

Last edited:
The appdata folder only gets created first time you run the PND, so if you weren't able to run it, you won't have had one.

Where have you been putting it, to try to get it to appear in the XFCE menu? It should appear in the menu under games>Simulation and Strategy if you put it in pandora/apps or pandora/menu (not pandora/mmenu, which is for minimenu). I have had situations in the past where menu updating fails, but ejecting and remounting the SD is usually enough to get it to work.

The appdata folder only gets created first time you run the PND, so if you weren't able to run it, you won't have had one. Where have you been putting it, to try to get it to appear in the XFCE menu? It should appear in the menu under games>Simulation and Strategy if you put it in pandora/apps or pandora/menu (not pandora/mmenu, which is for minimenu). I have had situations in the past where menu updating fails, but ejecting and remounting the SD is usually enough to get it to work.
That is exactly where the first version was located. menu>games>s&s. But after the downloading the new version it never appeared anywhere until after I placed the game on desktop via my apps folder.

I always use XFCE.

I was running the game before and I run it now. Just from a different spot for some reason.

As I mentioned I did eject and remount 3x.

I'm ok with things now . At least I can play it.  :D

That was the first time I ever had that experience with any game or app. Very strange for me  :wacko:

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't notice you said it worked in the old version. By the way, everything in pandora/apps should appear in both the menu and on the desktop.

Hang on, I'm upgrading now so I'll see if it disappears from my menu.

using the right trigger for right click is great, but left trigger (shift) + click is used for multiselection so the last update broke that part 

I'm loving the new version - thank you !

Jey - I wasn't aware left trigger was in use before ( I couldn't figure out how to multi-select) so I'm sorry if the change stuffed up the way you play.

I haven't tried the shift on keyboard. It still should work. So, do I left both trigger forright-click or should I revert (I take the stylus in my right hand, so left trigger is best choice for me to right-click) ?

The shift on the keyboard works, but is a little unconfortable to use, maybe if the multiselect command can be mapped to another key like "D" or "E" could be the best solution... the right click in the left shoulder is useful like it is now

You say "D" because it's farther from the edge of the Pandora then "shift", and so easier to press with the left thumb, correct? So it can also be "E" ?

I have to look, shift is a modier key, I have to seee how to change that to a normal key.

Exactly, is difficult to hold the pandora with one hand while having the thumb pressing shift and the stylus pushing the display 

So, a new build on the repo. I simply added the "E" key, beside the current "Shift" key, to do multiple selection. I hope I didn't broke anything in the process.

Build 05

----------

• Added "E" to multiple selection (you can still use shift).

Also, I have made a new "diff" of the code dunedynasty_pandora.zip. I tried some #ifdef PANDORA, and customizing the CMakeList.txt a bit.

Enjoy the new build.

PS: I choose "E" and not "D" because for my little hand, D is a bit too far. Make some feedback if it's not comfortable or break some other shortcut.

Attachments

• dunedynasty_pandora.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 164
Back