Drmd Version 2.0

DaveC posted on Mar 20 2005 at 09:11 PM said:
onionfrog posted on Mar 20 2005 at 08:14 PM said:
yay, dog slow! But hey, if it runs games that arent playable due to cyclone bugs (Shining force) I will certainly use it!

It for beta testing purposes, not for playing ;) It will be used to separate cyclone bugs from emu bugs.
Dunno, I'm strange, I might overclock to 200 mhz just to play shining force without sound on the go...
Unless its so slow that that wouldnt even be playable at 200 mhz...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to choose which core to run on? or would it cause conflicts and further more slowdown

- Super Hydlide [E] what the hell do I need to do to start the game?!

Why would you want to? :blink: :p

Actually, it would be nice if there was an easy-to-use compatibility list for DrMD (unlike this one, which is not easy to use and isn't even in alphabetical order). Sort of like what Rico used to have for OSNES9xGP, Genemu & fgen32.

onionfrog posted on Mar 20 2005 at 09:03 PM said:
Drumaster posted on Mar 20 2005 at 09:00 PM said:
Also, on Streets Of Rage 2 you get 9 lives as soon as you punch someone.
Right.

But Street Of Rage II runs so much beautifully at 166 Mhz. :)
That bug doesnt really need to be fixed... its not gamebreaking.. and its helpful... :D
Streets of rage 2 runs damn nice at 144 mhz... not 60 fps but still smooth! :D

It certainly does need to be fixed. It ruins one of the best games on the Megadrive by taking the challenge out of it.

There's no challenge to begin with in SOR2, the game's far too easy anyway. I just enjoy it for what it is - a damn fine beat 'em up to while away some time with.

There's a great challenge in Streets Of Rage 2 if you put it on Hardest with only one life.

I'll tell you how good this is:

A buddy of mine at work is always going on about his impressive collection of handhelds, including his Sega Nomad.

When I showed him DrMD 2.0, he was literally speechless for a full 30 seconds. Then, when I showed him the SMC and explained that it was the storage media for the GP32, he exploded. What a friggin' mess. ;)

Anyway, he's now scouring E-Bay for GP32s.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Reesy. I've defeated my nemesis. :lol:

I literally welled up showing my Wife Kid Chameleon earlier this afternoon. ('Twas one of the first games we played together when we started dating)

Err... I almost don't want to ask, but what do you mean by "exploded"? :blink:

EDIT: Tell your friend to go here as well as eBay; he may find a better deal (when it comes to GP32s, ebay isn't always cheaper)

Esn posted on Mar 21 2005 at 11:17 PM said:
Err... I almost don't want to ask, but what do you mean by "exploded"? :blink:

EDIT: Tell your friend to go here as well as eBay; he may find a better deal (when it comes to GP32s, ebay isn't always cheaper)

Thanks, I'll pass it on ... after I clean his entrails off my desk :ph34r:

Yep... DrMD on GP does make a Nomad pretty obsolete. You can carry one SMC instead of X number of carts, you use up way less batteries, the screen is bigger, easier to see, bright is about the same but there's none of that annoying blurring that the Nomad has (have you ever tried to play any Sonic game on the Nomad? have you??). If only I'd had my GP and DrMD had been out way back when Nomads were still worth something I could have sold mine for a nice profit :)

Ran DrMD, opened Sonic the Hedgehog 2, heard the "Sega" SFX, got REALLY excited, then the FLU went out and then the GP crashed! Apparently DrMD killed my batteries. Don't have any extra AA batteries, so I have to wait till I get them a little later :angry: Though, from what I've been reading and the "sega" sfx that I heard, it sounds like we finally have a complete (and perfect) Genesis emulator! I can't wait to try it out. How do Sonic 3, Knuckles, and Spinball play? Not too slow with sound? Just hearing that "Sega" SFX assures me that this emulator is going to be perfect when I get to play. Thanks, Reesy! If I could, I'd donate some cash your way (But I'm under 18, so paypal would be charged to my dad's account, and he wouldn't be too fond of me donating money to a guy who makes video games for a handheld that I spent $300 on).

Azure posted on Mar 22 2005 at 08:54 PM said:
Ran DrMD, opened Sonic the Hedgehog 2, heard the "Sega" SFX, got REALLY excited, then the FLU went out and then the GP crashed! Apparently DrMD killed my batteries. Don't have any extra AA batteries, so I have to wait till I get them a little later :angry: Though, from what I've been reading and the "sega" sfx that I heard, it sounds like we finally have a complete (and perfect) Genesis emulator! I can't wait to try it out. How do Sonic 3, Knuckles, and Spinball play? Not too slow with sound? Just hearing that "Sega" SFX assures me that this emulator is going to be perfect when I get to play. Thanks, Reesy! If I could, I'd donate some cash your way (But I'm under 18, so paypal would be charged to my dad's account, and he wouldn't be too fond of me donating money to a guy who makes video games for a handheld that I spent $300 on).

Let me just say, Kid Chameleon runs full speed, with FULL sound.

So does Earthworm Jim, Cool Spot, and many others that didn't have any sound before, so chances are that the others do as well. (I don't have them at my disposal ATM to test for you)

onionfrog posted on Mar 22 2005 at 07:10 PM said:
Sonic and knuckles runs full speed with perfect sound.. Nice 20ish fps...(144 mhz)
Nice! Can't wait to try it out (Going to get some batteries right now)!

Back