Drmd Version 2.0

kotd posted on Mar 20 2005 at 03:32 AM said:
Heh this is kind of where I regret selling my GP32, well till I get my new US PSP that is :D

Yeah, but you are not going to be able play Sonic or Thunderforce III on your PSP :p

I will be getting a PSP too this week. It will never replace my GP32 though, just adds to the collection :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy balls. I haven't posted here or touched my GP in months, but this is -goddamn- impressive. My GP only overclocks to 144 and everything is simply perfect at that speed. I'm interested in the GP again.. thanks, Reesy.

just had 2 Chicago dogs, cheese fries, 4 beers, 3 shots of old grand dad, 1 half pint of jack, 1 coke, and got one phone number and I'm back to playing with this thing. Fuck Ressy you make a damn good emeualtor.

Wow, "Pirates GOLD!" works, and Sonic 2 is almost perfect (only thing missing is that the shadows on the bonus level are white instead of black, not that really matters at all)! :) Even Comix Zone works now, though it has some weird small graphical bugs.

I've noticed something strange though; I tried a few different clockspeed settings when running Phantasy Star 4, and 144Mhz runs about 50% quicker than 150Mhz. The FPS (AUTO) is about 1/3 less on average, but the actual speed of the game is faster. This happens for other games as well; for example, Mickey Mania runs at a high AUTO-frame rate at 156Mhz but it runs slower than in V1.0 at the same clockspeed setting. :blink: Is there a way to speed up/slow down the speed of the game?

Also, the sound has a different, slightly harsher sound quality than in V1.0. What did you change, except for adding DAC?

Great work, Reesy!

Thanks Reesy, definitely a masterpiece of coding.

The last thing missing is a bugfree cyclone core.
Hope your genius-mind figures out a way to fix
it at last.

GREAT!
Sebastian

triksR4rabits posted on Mar 20 2005 at 06:37 AM said:
If i were gay I'd bone you. This emu is fuckin amazing! great stuff man, thanks alot!

Watch out Reesy don't give your address away, they're coming for you now! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
'Zombies Ate My Neigbours' - the map (with the people to collect on) and weapon icons don't display..and the right third of the screen updates slowly (you can see it update as you move the character right.

This is a pretty amazing time in the Gp32's history. First MAME, and now almost PERFECT Genesis emulation. Reesy, you (and Franxis) rock HARD.

And F-day is still to come!

Now back to Reesy rocking hard... :D

This sounds very interesting.
If this emu is as good as ye say I'm seriously tempted to get another GP just for Drmd!

Haven't been keeping up with news since my GP died so does Drmd has full savestates?

reesy, you have transcended this plane and played sonic with the gods.

now that i got that out of the way, there still are some issues i'd like to be improved:
some games simply cannot start without a ram memory: might & magic 3 and shadowrun are the ones that i can't play.
also shining force 2 crashes to mr.spiv's bios monitor and this makes me sad...
would it be possible to create a fake ram memory, just functioning enough to fool the games?

i think it's possible to hack the roms themselves to get behind the start menu, but i lack the knowledge to do so.

and just to finish on the happy note that i started with:
awesome work there, reesy!

Back