Drmd Version 2.0

shinneri posted on Mar 19 2005 at 10:20 PM said:
moz posted on Mar 19 2005 at 06:01 PM said:
wierd thing with the previous release and this is desert strike, my unit goes 166Mhz max, but this game when is on 166mhz locks at the mission screen but music continues fine, knock the clock to 160 and it plays fine, all other games play fine at 166mhz

anyone else got that or am i the lucky one ;)
I run all DrMD games at 144mhz, and they run perfectly. ;)

yes you are right, my bad habit of thinking everything needs the maximum clk cylcles,

credit due to reesy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Reesy for an incredible emulator, it's simply amazing the progress you've made with it. Apart from all the sound and graphic fixes it's also become sooo much more compatible, a truly excellent job.

A couple of things I have noticed, (these aren't complaints) which I don't think are cylcone bugs.

Beavis & Butthead is very silent. there should be music and speech at the beginning but nothing can be heard. Asterix and the Power of the Gods and Bubba 'n' Stix have thick black bars breaking up the background. Legend of Galahad has a weird display bug where the top of the screen also appears at the bottom of the screen but in a garbled fashion. After Burner II, the graphics have strange glitches appearing in them now.

The rom database you use is goodgen 0.999? There's at least a 2.05 now.

Oh and btw the Another World palette fix has also fixed the colours on Generations Lost!

Keep up the good work Reesy :)

Something strange, the BLU+ problem is back. When it loads the lines are at the top. No probs cos I can change the screen settings etc. But when I load a rom, it changes the screen back to to Samsung, and the show FPS is always on. Again, I can exit back to the menu and change it again, but the beta 7 never had this. And none of them had the screen setting and FPS resetting itself?

Is it me?

Plus has anyone tried International Superstar Football, or Brian Lara's yet????

But thanks again, Reesy :D

Have you saved the settings? before loading a rom. Because when you load a rom now, it re-reads the default values from the menu options file.

OK those of you who havent donated yet!

if you like it put your money where your mouth is!

donate!

:D

Reesy posted on Mar 19 2005 at 11:43 PM said:
Have you saved the settings? before loading a rom. Because when you load a rom now, it re-reads the default values from the menu options file.

And now it's perfect!!!

We should give what we can, this is a wonderful emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played it, Sonic 3 and Knuckles works amazingly, the special stages can be a bit jerky but it's more of a chanlenge.
Thanks Reesy

Impresive I had no idea how much was missing from the sound emulation until I played this version of the emulator. The sound and the brightness option really make a huge diffrence the added options are nice as well.

wierd thing with the previous release and this is desert strike, my unit goes 166Mhz max, but this game when is on 166mhz locks at the mission screen but music continues fine, knock the clock to 160 and it plays fine, all other games play fine at 166mhz

anyone else got that or am i the lucky one wink.gif

I get this in CaSTawayGP with Stunt Car racer I can only hit 156 but anything else(that I've tried) I easily get 166

Reesy - very nice... wasn't expecting V.2 so soon... been enjoying all the Beta's up til now but it seems this V.2 is finally, really, just about perfect. Very nice work and I'm glad everyone else is finally getting the chance to enjoy the full deal (as much as I am glad that I decided to donate and get in on the action as soon as I did!).

Okay well... someone has to ask this, why not me. So Reesy... what now? Are you pretty much done with DrMD for a while? I know there were other things you had mentioned wanting to implement at some point (like RF unit support for multiplay)... are you still going to pursue those things, or move on to something else? Are you still planning on doing that secret project you had hinted at long ago? Are you willing to drop any more hints as to what that might be? And lastly, would you say the chances are any greater or less of you ever getting around to porting Flubba's Pocket PCE over to GP? Are you still even interested in doing this?

Pretty damned complete :) If you're looking for features that aren't "out there" then supporting the windowing woudl be cool (ie: Raiden doesn't look to well though is playable .. the console on the right doesn't show up and its rendering offscreen stuff.) (ie: Implementing RF is "out there", since few people know too many people with GP32's, let alone the RF module :)

jeff

yes, i'm impressed, too :)
thanks a lot, don't know much to add...

btw: why are the shoulder-buttons in the rom selector disabled? that was very useful for fast browsing....

O-bake - use left and right on the D-pad instead... I think he changed this as it was a small conflict using L and R to scroll when L+R enters/exits the menu. Anyways, works just as well as L and R on the D-pad :)

Heh this is kind of where I regret selling my GP32, well till I get my new US PSP that is :D

Back