Drmd Version 2.0

TelcoLou posted on Mar 22 2005 at 01:35 PM said:
I'll tell you how good this is:

A buddy of mine at work is always going on about his impressive collection of handhelds, including his Sega Nomad.

When I showed him DrMD 2.0, he was literally speechless for a full 30 seconds. Then, when I showed him the SMC and explained that it was the storage media for the GP32, he exploded. What a friggin' mess. ;)

Anyway, he's now scouring E-Bay for GP32s.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Reesy. I've defeated my nemesis. :lol:

I literally welled up showing my Wife Kid Chameleon earlier this afternoon. ('Twas one of the first games we played together when we started dating)

thats a very touching story of good versus evil, and the goodie gets his leg over at the end! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Road Rash 2 is quality in this, for anyone who wants the "Wild Thing 2000" Super Bike from the start (with unlimited nitro :p) Press A + C together with up and then press Start on the title screen to get it.

frolik posted on Mar 23 2005 at 03:07 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 22 2005 at 01:35 PM said:
I'll tell you how good this is:

A buddy of mine at work is always going on about his impressive collection of handhelds, including his Sega Nomad.

When I showed him DrMD 2.0, he was literally speechless for a full 30 seconds. Then, when I showed him the SMC and explained that it was the storage media for the GP32, he exploded. What a friggin' mess.  ;)

Anyway, he's now scouring E-Bay for GP32s.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Reesy. I've defeated my nemesis.  :lol:

I literally welled up showing my Wife Kid Chameleon earlier this afternoon. ('Twas one of the first games we played together when we started dating)

thats a very touching story of good versus evil, and the goodie gets his leg over at the end! :D

Off topic a bit, but what a superb website. The Gameprobe32 one, and the other one too!(!). Enjoyed reading the G&G feature enormously!!!

Thanks

:D

lubidog posted on Mar 23 2005 at 10:30 PM said:
Off topic a bit, but what a superb website. The Gameprobe32 one, and the other one too!(!). Enjoyed reading the G&G feature enormously!!!

Thanks

:D

thanks man it's good to hear people enjoying it, I've been writing that GnG article since the site started!

Drmd freezes rather spectacularly when attempting to preview or load a corrupted saved game. It was a good thing though, because it let me know my SMC needed reformatting.

Azure posted on Mar 23 2005 at 01:54 AM said:
Ran DrMD, opened Sonic the Hedgehog 2, heard the "Sega" SFX, got REALLY excited, then the FLU went out and then the GP crashed! Apparently DrMD killed my batteries. Don't have any extra AA batteries, so I have to wait till I get them a little later :angry: Though, from what I've been reading and the "sega" sfx that I heard, it sounds like we finally have a complete (and perfect) Genesis emulator! I can't wait to try it out. How do Sonic 3, Knuckles, and Spinball play? Not too slow with sound? Just hearing that "Sega" SFX assures me that this emulator is going to be perfect when I get to play. Thanks, Reesy! If I could, I'd donate some cash your way (But I'm under 18, so paypal would be charged to my dad's account, and he wouldn't be too fond of me donating money to a guy who makes video games for a handheld that I spent $300 on).

Don't count with Sonic Spinball though, at least not yet. It is still very jerky.
But many other games run perfectly :)

Wha? Sonic Spinball plays wonderfully on DrMD, it just has a few slight graphic glitches (which don't affect gameplay) is all. And the sound in SS is perfect.

Had a nice long game just the other day. It was beautiful.

I forgot all about Sonic Spinball. I'm going to try it now. BTW the original Megadrive version was a little jerky.

Reesy, is it possible to make the sound work properly at frameskip 0? It is rather choppy at the moment.

White Demon posted on Mar 24 2005 at 09:36 AM said:
Wha? Sonic Spinball plays wonderfully on DrMD, it just has a few slight graphic glitches (which don't affect gameplay) is all. And the sound in SS is perfect.

Had a nice long game just the other day. It was beautiful.

OK, could be, I play all games at 144MHz or max 156MHz (just to have the feeling that I "could" go higher if need be ;)). At 156MHz it was still rather jerky for me. Compared to Pinball Dreams, that is.

This emulator is AMAZING! Everything seems so perfect! Nearly every game that I've tried seems to work perfectly (Except NBA JAM, which crashes, but it's probably a bad dump). I'm having a lot of fun going through Sonic 2 again and Streets of Rage 3. Thanks again, Reesy!

BTW, Sonic Spinball is a little jerky (At 166, I get around 17fps when there isn't much action, and when there is, it goes down to about 14-15), but it's not too bad, and I can definetly live with it.

I have to say that being able to play some of my favourite Sega games from the 80`s and 90`s on a handheld is a surreal experience, Thanx Reesy.

Has anyone got Dragon: The Bruce Lee game to work ?

BTW! I have noticed any mention of 6-button support.

Within the games list, I've noticed that some games display the full name whereas others are shortened (i.e 8 chars). Is it possible to display the full name on all games?

:)

DrMD 2.0 is tha thang for sure! It' s truely amazing, Reesy did incredible work. :)

I just wonder one stuff, why the select button isn' t emulated? is it too much complicated? anyway it' s wasn' t a diss or something like that beacause as I said before Reesy is da mac!!

GA01 posted on Mar 29 2005 at 01:46 PM said:
Within the games list, I've noticed that some games display the full name whereas others are shortened (i.e 8 chars). Is it possible to display the full name on all games?

:)

the names that are shortened probably aren't proper GoodGen Roms. The dumps you have are not in the database. Redump the roms from your original Genesis-Cart (heheh or download them from another website)

The_Sheik posted on Mar 29 2005 at 08:43 PM said:
DrMD 2.0 is tha thang for sure! It' s truely amazing, Reesy did incredible work. :)

I just wonder one stuff, why the select button isn' t emulated? is it too much complicated? anyway it' s wasn' t a diss or something like that beacause as I said before Reesy is da mac!!
Genesis has no select button...
Believe me, I grew up playing the Genesis! :D :ph34r:

I'm loving Road Rash 3 atm... check GameProbe32 for an article on it.

Also Theme Park runs perfectly, brill game, checkit

wtf?? I just check my genesis pad and I saw that there is no select button! I surely have forgotten my drugs :D
Sorry for the dumb ass question and thanks onionfrog to put me in the right way :D

Good work reesy, Plays unbelivable. But hows about sharing your wealth at some point and letting someone on the Zodiac scene loose on your source code i have both a Z and GP32 DrMD eats away at my battries too quick. I would love someone to port it over. + the z runs at 200mhz given DrMDs performance on the GP32 if a decent Z port was done DrMD would be unreal.

Back