Drmd Version 2.0


DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
FarSight posted on Mar 30 2005 at 12:21 PM said:
Good work reesy, Plays unbelivable. But hows about sharing your wealth at some point and letting someone on the Zodiac scene loose on your source code i have both a Z and GP32 DrMD eats away at my battries too quick. I would love someone to port it over. + the z runs at 200mhz given DrMDs performance on the GP32 if a decent Z port was done DrMD would be unreal.

Since most of the Z guys don't port any of their stuff to the GP32 I say Fuck the zodiac and those begging for GP32 emus. Who would want to play it on that crappy POS analog anyway.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

lubidog

Very Active Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,765
Age
35
DaveC posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:11 PM said:
FarSight posted on Mar 30 2005 at 12:21 PM said:
Good work reesy, Plays unbelivable. But hows about sharing your wealth at some point and letting someone on the Zodiac scene loose on your source code i have both a Z and GP32 DrMD eats away at my battries too quick. I would love someone to port it over. + the z runs at 200mhz given DrMDs performance on the GP32 if a decent Z port was done DrMD would be unreal.

Since most of the Z guys don't port any of their stuff to the GP32 I say Fuck the zodiac and those begging for GP32 emus. Who would want to play it on that crappy POS analog anyway.

Say it as it is, Davey!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

trooper

Trooper`s watching you !!!
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
5,503
Location
The DarkSide (London)
Website
Visit site
lubidog posted on Mar 30 2005 at 04:13 PM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:11 PM said:
FarSight posted on Mar 30 2005 at 12:21 PM said:
Good work reesy, Plays unbelivable. But hows about sharing your wealth at some point and letting someone on the Zodiac scene loose on your source code i have both a Z and GP32 DrMD eats away at my battries too quick. I would love someone to port it over. + the z runs at 200mhz given DrMDs performance on the GP32 if a decent Z port was done DrMD would be unreal.

Since most of the Z guys don't port any of their stuff to the GP32 I say Fuck the zodiac and those begging for GP32 emus. Who would want to play it on that crappy POS analog anyway.

Say it as it is, Davey!!!!
Thats it, Don`t hold back, Say what ya mean. :p

Trooper
 
Last edited by a moderator:

White Demon

Sandy Wich's Boy
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
842
Location
South Australia
Website
Visit site
Azure posted on Mar 27 2005 at 04:50 AM said:
Sonic Spinball is a little jerky (At 166, I get around 17fps when there isn't much action, and when there is, it goes down to about 14-15), but it's not too bad, and I can definetly live with it.
I did a little testing with Spinball last night, here's what I came up with.

@ 166mHz, 16kHz sound, it plays very nicely, can't notice the jerkiness. When there was nothing going on, the FPS was around 25, and even in the thick of action was around 17-20fps mostly and didn't drop much. Lowering the sound rate got slightly higher fps, but nothing noticable.

@ 156/160, the sound needs to be lowered to 11kHz before the game plays nicely, and again was around 15-17fps in the thick of action.

@ 150, don't even think of playing anything above 8kHz sound, or the game is simply unplayable. At 8kHz, I was getting generally 14-16fps, but the game was still playable.

I didn't try any lower speed as a thought it wasn't worth it. But as I have written above, Sonic Spinball can be playable at some lower speeds, just with lowered sound rates.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FarSight

Still Fresh
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
49
If you want to act like childish GBA fan boys, thats your problem, forgot why i stoped posting on this board (thou i knew the response i would get), thanks for reminding me why.
I've had a gp32 since almost day one. I also own a Z. I use them both just my batteries last longer on my Z. A lot of Z owners also have a GP32 you never see this kinda behaviour on Z boards. Maybe to may of you have been on the emu1 boards.
Is the scene still pissed at yoyo's departure in favour of the Z. Wonder why he did? to may people like you asking When are you going to get LJ running snes full speed W/S. Rather then praising his efforts like you do reesy! (now that a fact)

BTW the GP32 would never have scene full speed MD emulation if it had not been for fdaves cyclone 68k which was shared to enable DrMD to become a reality.

Im just a fan of emulation i left my fan-boy days behind years ago. Please find a PSP forum and flame away, cos attitudes like that are killing the emu scene as a whole.

:angry:

Any way great work Reesy was playing it last night, Good luck with your continuing works!
:)
 
R

Reesy

Guest
I will be releasing the source code for DrMD at some point, at the moment I'm not sure on how to protect the source from being used in commercial projects without paying me money. Do I have to register the source code some where? I'll have to have a look on google because I have not got a clue.
 

kotd

Very Active Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
1,173
Website
Visit site
FarSight posted on Mar 31 2005 at 06:13 PM said:
If you want to act like childish GBA fan boys, thats your problem, forgot why i stoped posting on this board (thou i knew the response i would get), thanks for reminding me why.
I've had a gp32 since almost day one. I also own a Z. I use them both just my batteries last longer on my Z. A lot of Z owners also have a GP32 you never see this kinda behaviour on Z boards. Maybe to may of you have been on the emu1 boards.
Is the scene still pissed at yoyo's departure in favour of the Z. Wonder why he did? to may people like you asking When are you going to get LJ running snes full speed W/S. Rather then praising his efforts like you do reesy! (now that a fact)

BTW the GP32 would never have scene full speed MD emulation if it had not been for fdaves cyclone 68k which was shared to enable DrMD to become a reality.

Im just a fan of emulation i left my fan-boy days behind years ago. Please find a PSP forum and flame away, cos attitudes like that are killing the emu scene as a whole.

:angry:

Any way great work Reesy was playing it last night, Good luck with your continuing works!
:)
From the Zodiac boards I've seen, they do nothing but flame every other handheld and act like total wankers. Which one did I see, Zodiac gamer or something? Maybe thats not how people act on the emu1 board, if not than sorry.

Yeah the Gp32 would never have full speed mega Drive emulation without fdaves core, your point??? Fdave mainly made it for the GP32 and I think your forgetting that without Reesy's input, the sound and GFX would never run at full speed. Reesy's put in shitloads of work.

And no I don't own either.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FarSight

Still Fresh
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
49
Reesy if you want to distribute you source and protect you rights you may want to look in to GPL (General Public License). It protects you and your software from miss use basicaly making the software free with strings attached. Or you could distribute it to closed to trusetd coders Skeeitx has shown an intrest and i know hes a fan of your work!

Take a look

GPL

Hope this helps mate! :)

kotd, my point was not how much work Reesys put in, thats clear from F/S MD emulation on the GP32. My point was it would be nice to see that work go furter than just the GP32. I know theres a lot of ppl out there who would love to take a look. What Reesy desides to do is up to him.
Why i got pissed is i asked a question and was hurled a load of abuse!

DaveC "Since most of the Z guys don't port any of their stuff to the GP32 I say Fuck the zodiac and those begging for GP32 emus. Who would want to play it on that crappy POS analog anyway."

Im not intrested in who has what! most Z code is open source! you want it on the GP32 port it over. At no point have i asked Reesy to port it to the Z.
Get you facts straight before posting & Keep the childish behavior in the playground and off the forums!
 

FarSight

Still Fresh
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
49
Just wondering Reesy? Have you done much work on improving fdave's 68k core. As 68k is used in alot of arcade units and it might improve mame some!
 

moz

load *,8,1
Joined
Jun 10, 2003
Messages
2,804
Website
Visit site
DaveC posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:11 PM said:
FarSight posted on Mar 30 2005 at 12:21 PM said:
Good work reesy, Plays unbelivable. But hows about sharing your wealth at some point and letting someone on the Zodiac scene loose on your source code i have both a Z and GP32 DrMD eats away at my battries too quick. I would love someone to port it over. + the z runs at 200mhz given DrMDs performance on the GP32 if a decent Z port was done DrMD would be unreal.

Since most of the Z guys don't port any of their stuff to the GP32 I say Fuck the zodiac and those begging for GP32 emus. Who would want to play it on that crappy POS analog anyway.
what are you talking about? what stuff on the Z do you want on your GP32?

squidge and jeff code on both platforms, yoyo is playing around with palm at the moment after a couple of years on the GP32.

again what the hell are you talking about?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

frolik

Bass Invader
Joined
Nov 1, 2003
Messages
1,382
Age
43
Location
Brighton UK
Website
Visit site
Jr2swiss posted on Apr 1 2005 at 08:37 AM said:
Just because DaveC and a select few is asking for whatever doesn't mean that it reflects the whole Gp32 community.
yeah can't we all live together happily as a handheld based society? :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Squidge

Certified Guru
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
8,495
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
I really don't understand this "Take take take, but never give anything back". Is there anything on the Zodiac that people want on the GP32? I didn't think there was many things on the Zod from the GP32. Of course, there's ZQuake, but the gp32 version is much newer and has a whole load more features, so its pointless porting it that back from the Zod. My Frodoz emulator doesn't support even half the configuration stuff that the GP32 version does, and is less compatible than the GP32 version, so why port that back over? ZDoom & ZHexen? Well, I think we have a pretty good Doom port already, and the source is there for ZHexen if people want to port it.

The only thing left is LJZ, and we have all the seperate modules anyway.

For reasons unknown, Yoyo still gets a lot of crap thrown at him for some reason (eg. http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?bo...num=1108259052 ) I hope other GP32 members don't get the same treatment when they finally decide to spend more time on other platforms.
 

mrpig

Still Fresh
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
67
omg, I checked out Drmd for the first time last night. Does anyone know where Reesy lives so I can go and kiss him for giving me speedball2 and cannonfodder?!?!? Two of my favourite all time games on the amiga and they work perfectly with FS1@160mhz on my gp32 I got the other day. God damm! Only difference I can see compared to the Amiga one is no speech in the intro song on cannon fodder and the sound in Speedball2 seems a bit weird in the game, some of its really quiet and the im sure somes missing but who cares as its full screen, the amiga one had a stupid black bar at the bottom!

Thanks!
 

lubidog

Very Active Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,765
Age
35
Squidge posted on Apr 1 2005 at 08:02 AM said:
I really don't understand this "Take take take, but never give anything back". Is there anything on the Zodiac that people want on the GP32? I didn't think there was many things on the Zod from the GP32. Of course, there's ZQuake, but the gp32 version is much newer and has a whole load more features, so its pointless porting it that back from the Zod. My Frodoz emulator doesn't support even half the configuration stuff that the GP32 version does, and is less compatible than the GP32 version, so why port that back over? ZDoom & ZHexen? Well, I think we have a pretty good Doom port already, and the source is there for ZHexen if people want to port it.

The only thing left is LJZ, and we have all the seperate modules anyway.

For reasons unknown, Yoyo still gets a lot of crap thrown at him for some reason (eg. http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?bo...num=1108259052 ) I hope other GP32 members don't get the same treatment when they finally decide to spend more time on other platforms.


OMG :eek:

I was horrified to read that thread!!! What an idiot Azure is! A 15 year old stupid little brat! Sorry to be so but how dare he write that! I remember another thread where he spouted on, and thankfully was shouted down. Well, that's YoYo for the GP32, why would he want to come back and continue work on the snes emulator when people thank him like that?

If Reesy wants to go off and write for the Zodiac, then he has every right too! Of he wants to live in a shoe, and write hippy songs either. In fact we owe the Devs EVERYTHING and should NEVER make our demands in such a fashion!

My PSP is on its way. But I will probably never stop playing the GP32 cos off the work of these devs. If no one writes another emulator what we have is amazing. Anyone approaching the devs with comments had better keep them sweet, cos we do want them to keep working on their emus. But Azure going on like that...?

What a little Jerk!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

onionfrog

Sir Cheapass Gamer
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
584
Location
Battle Creek, MI, USA
Website
Visit site
I agree completely. Azure is such a whiny bitch about stuff. Hell, I'm extremely satisfied with what we currently have. :D
YOU MUST BE APPRECIATIVE OF THE DEVS!!! WITHOUT THEM THE GP32 WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
 
Top