Donation for the Slackware for Pandora project + fund another user's unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: ED is ok to handle donations through his PayPal:

Go to PayPal, log in and click on "Send Money".

Donate to donation@openpandora.org .

You have to include in the comment field that you're donating to the Slackware project !!!

Also, send me a PM, so i can include you in my thxlist, and also have an estimation.

Thanks in advance for all donations, when doing so, you help me, and also help funding 1st batch preorders.

Linux-SWAT.

Last edited by a moderator:
First one :)

I sended 40 Euro over Paypal for Slackware Donation ^_^

But in my Donation was no Field to enter the Information that the Money is for the Slackware Project.

Hey ED when you read that,the 40 Euro Donation from me is for the Slackware Project ;)

In the Moment have i very very little bit Time,must go for today,bye :rolleyes:

Please send the payment manually to donation@openpandora.org - otherwise you won't have the comment field!

... and fill donation@openpandora.org .

Roger, thx.

Hope your bank account is a big business one, i don't want to put you in trouble if it's filled completely ;) .

Plz check your PM's btw, have something for ya ;^).

I just gave a well deserved 100 € donation for Linux-SWAT's Slackware project. He helped greatly, to make my DisplayLink USB-VGA adapter work. A huge step into the direction of having a real tiny PC in your pocket! Of course instructions will be available to the public soon, too, and they will probably work for most, if not all DisplayLink compatible display adapters.

That setup needs some fine-tuning, which I hope he will help me a bit with, too ;-)

And it seems like our DisplayLink success can swap over into the SuperZaxxon system, too.

Soon, I will post some pictures and - if Linux-SWAT hasn't done it already - instructions!

Thanks so much! For me, with DisplayLink the Pandora is worth even much more than before, because I can use it at home very comfortably with an external display, mouse and keyboard now.

Daniel

Ah, DisplayLink works now.

Great.

Edit:

Donated 35 €.

Thank you very much, hmc and Askarus !

Should be at least 175€ now, so 200€ more are needed for the 1Ghz pre-order upgrade !

It's kinda Kickstarter of it's own ^^.

Please people reading this: donate !

You're not only helping me and the project, but you also fund another pre-orderer unit.

Yes, should be more than Ingoreis + Askarus + hmc now ;) . It seems to me that this category is the wrong place advertise the project. I for example was unaware of it until I looked into "other os" recently because all other categories fearured only boring threads.

Ok. Do you think general talk is best suited ?

Maybe i should also ask it to be pinned ?

Hmm, I think pinning is reserved to posts which are helpful reference material. Sure why not general, or off-topic sections. Both have more exposure.

BTW I would update the first post of your slackware thread and mention you accept donations and link to this one.

Yup, i will copy the README i include in the rootfs, and it mentions this and also the name of the generous donators.

I just gave a well deserved 100 € donation for Linux-SWAT's Slackware project. He helped greatly, to make my DisplayLink USB-VGA adapter work. A huge step into the direction of having a real tiny PC in your pocket! Of course instructions will be available to the public soon, too, and they will probably work for most, if not all DisplayLink compatible display adapters.

That setup needs some fine-tuning, which I hope he will help me a bit with, too ;-)

And it seems like our DisplayLink success can swap over into the SuperZaxxon system, too.

Soon, I will post some pictures and - if Linux-SWAT hasn't done it already - instructions!

Thanks so much! For me, with DisplayLink the Pandora is worth even much more than before, because I can use it at home very comfortably with an external display, mouse and keyboard now.

Daniel

Sounds really good. Looking forward to more details on this. Now I finaly have to find or buy a dedicated SD card to try the Slackware. And donate ;-)

Thank you cube48 !

Now only ~170€ are missing !

Please people reading this: donate !

You're not only helping me and the project, but you also fund another pre-orderer unit.

well I hadn't heard of this till it popped up here in 'General'... threads like 'Other OS' I am saving until I own a Pandora ;)

quick read of the wiki page on it.

'stability and simplicity' sound good to me.

good luck with it LS.

today is two days before my pay day and as always, scraping the coin for petrol and lunch, I will make a little donation though come Friday

...and the dreaded queue gets shorter too, bonus

Cool ! Thanks in advance ^^.

I didn't know/remember you don't have an OP.

Are you a first batcher ?

yeah I'm a first batch order, I got in towards the end of Craig's first batches so probably near the tail end of the 4000.

If I get a touch sometime I'll update my order to the 1GHz but tbh it's not likely and I can't put up the additional 300 or so EUR in one lump just yet. Life, bills, you know how it is, but I'm patiently waiting.

just glad that OPT are keeping on and not giving up, and that one day my Pandora will be with me. And of course glad that everyone is helping out how they can in reducing the queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back