Os Developers Fund

vaustein

In the "Did you preorder?" thread, I mention that the gbax.com storefront includes an option to give USD$20 in support of the developers who write open source games and emulators for the Pandora. This is an idea that begs to be generalized. Right now, a few of our community devs have PayPal accounts that accept donations. But, what if one reliable person/entity held donations on our behalf and distributed them to the devs, like a donation clearinghouse? I think this idea has a lot of potential. I'd be happy to support development on the Pandora, especially if the clearinghouse can be trusted to get the money to the right people efficiently.

The Pandora is about the community wanting a device that can do what the community wants it to do. The goal of this (at least the software side) is not to make money but to make the software on the device good because the community wants it to be good.

Sadly the world revolves around money so this idea does not always work out. I will donate in the form of making software as I do not have money I can use for donating.

If by 'generalized' you mean a link should be added on the Pandora homepage, then yes, I agree! :D

I missed the button on the GBAX.com site, and I when I went back to donate later, it wants to add $4 shipping...LOL. So yeah, another way to donate would be great! I guess the store wasn't designed with non-shippable items in mind.

But I seriously want to donate, so please find me a way! I suppose I could just send $20 to their PayPal address and label it as donation?

EmuGuy said:
If by 'generalized' you mean a link should be added on the Pandora homepage, then yes, I agree! :D

I missed the button on the GBAX.com site, and I when I went back to donate later, it wants to add $4 shipping...LOL. So yeah, another way to donate would be great! I guess the store wasn't designed with non-shippable items in mind.

But I seriously want to donate, so please find me a way! I suppose I could just send $20 to their PayPal address and label it as donation?
Yeah, I just got in, got the Pandora and had to get back to work... I want an option to donate now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kloplop321 said:
well it is not so much the OS, but the programs, and that kinda is what is going on.
By OS I meant "Open Source" not "Operating System". :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back