Donation for the Slackware for Pandora project + fund another user's unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
You can donate to the Slackware for Pandora project through the openpandora.org donation PayPal:

Go to PayPal, log in and click on "Send Money".

Donate to donation@openpandora.org .

You have to include in the comment field that you're donating to the Slackware project !!!

Also, send me a PM, so i can include you in my thxlist, and also have an estimation.

When doing so, you help me, and also help funding 1st batch preorders.

Thanks in advance.

Linux-SWAT.

Donation current estimation:

########################################################

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1GHz :)

########################################################

########

---Original Post:

Hi.

As suggested by misterbrisby and mrcranky, i found the idea of a donation interesting.

I invested, and still invest a lot of time in it. And plan to do so in the future. Since the start of this project, it's about monthes of full days job.

I thought the following would be useful for both the community and I:

I have a first batch order still not delivered, i had the idea of creating a "pot" to complete to a 1GHz Pandora.

I compile a lot of stuff when i create a new release, additional speed will help, and also having the new setup (seems there's trouble with OPP on 1GHz units which i can't debug).

Also, funding this upgrade will fund an unit for another first batcher.

This is my original order:

1 x Battery & 1 x TV Cable & 1 x Pandora = 238.97 GBP

If i cancel (or separate) the battery and the TV cable, there is less to pay.

I have PM ED to check exactly how much remains to fill this.

Last edited by a moderator:
No paypal.

But for my idea, giving money directly to ED should suffice ?

Good idea but ED is not Responsing my second Email because i want the 1GHZ Pandora too.

He have too much Emails and not so much Time to reply all.

I send my Email 03.09.(near 2 Months)

How will it work to Contact ED because your Donation?

In the Moment is ED working on a Ticket System for faster Email reply was an Answer in a Thread.

I recommend you to make a Paypal Adress or near,with a Donation Button for you would it be more Easy ;)

I thought it would be more straight to send money to ED.

Maybe it can be achieved through the classic donation with a temporary "slackfund" checkbox ?

Yeah, definitely go the paypal route since it will be a pain for ED to organize the money coming in.

Your work on Slackware really made my Pandora into the full Linux machine I wanted when I ordered. A donation will definitely be coming. I really appreciate the work you've done along with the support that you've given on these forums.

Huh, i just read that paypal takes fees on donations.

That sucks !
Hmm thats realy Bad.

Fee they many Money?

Understand i that right? We want to spend Money and Paypal take a part from the spended Money?

Maybe you can sell SD Cards with preinstalled Slackware for Pandora?

32GB Cards are around 17Euro on Ebay from Sandisk and everyone who want to Donate pay

the Card+Donation+Shipping ^_^ (Just an Idea)

ED wrote somewhere he want to sell SD Cards with preinstalled Slackware too,maybe you can get

your Fund over this Way for your 1GHZ Pandora :rolleyes:

hmm - international bank transfer ?
There's fees too.

The best method is a cheque.

Fee they many Money?

Understand i that right? We want to spend Money and Paypal take a part from the spended Money?
I think they take 5%.

Yup if you give 10$, i'll receive 9.50$.

Maybe you can sell SD Cards with preinstalled Slackware for Pandora?

32GB Cards are around 17Euro on Ebay from Sandisk and everyone who want to Donate pay

the Card+Donation+Shipping ^_^ (Just an Idea)

ED wrote somewhere he want to sell SD Cards with preinstalled Slackware too,maybe you can get

your Fund over this Way for your 1GHZ Pandora :rolleyes:
Well selling SD too won't change the problem.

Yup, indeed ED will sell Slack, but i think he also wanted libreoffice, which i can't provide for now 'cause i need help to compile openJDK.

I don't care about a percentage on these cards, at least as long as the Pandora project have debts.

After all there won't be any SL4P without OP ;^).

Unfortunately, i'll think i'll have no other choice but abandoning money to paypal.

Meanwhile, i can still accept cheques from non-lazy people :D .

Paypal offers a service. You offer a service. You both want some money for your services, but you don't think Paypal deserves any.

I think you would discover that the fee demanded by paypal is more than compensated by the amount of additional donations you would receive, if you would be smart enough to make use of Paypal ;) . There are some legitimate reasons for avoiding paypal, but charging a fee for providing a convenient service is not outrageous - it's commerce.

There are other means of transferring money online, like bitcoins, for e.g.

Ch€€rs for the good work.

Yup, i understood that any money transfer, especially from a foreign country, will lead to fees so i just have to be ok with that.

I'm still waiting for ED's response to use his donate button.

I'll open my Paypal if it's not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back