Dev Fund Update: Who's Next?

Give me stuff and I promise to learn C++ AND get the psychological help I need!

But seriously, I vote for that hypnotist for Flubba, or failing that LDchen.

Hironobu Sakaguci said that he wanted to remake FF7 for the ps3 but didn't have time.

It would be great if we could get Flubba interested in the GP2X, he writes a good emulator so I hear :) You never know he likes systems with fancy hardware and it sounds like the GP2X has plenty of that.

synkro posted on Oct 6 2005 at 08:20 AM said:
woogal posted on Oct 6 2005 at 06:51 AM said:
x68000 posted on Oct 5 2005 at 05:35 PM said:
and even mr spiv is shying away from GP.
I'd hardly call being in the gp2x irc channels since the day the 2x was announced 'shying away'.

let them kids their weird rumors... spivvy can buy a gp2x by himself ;) but all the poor coders need one asap, like you ;)
That's a bit low, synkro. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
From the rumblings on IRC, it would seem that Rlyeh has been missed off the list for a dev unit. Maybe a freebie release version would make amends :)

Nah I'm sure Rlyeh's on the list but I know that he hasn't got it yet. I think the emulator developers will get their free systems at about the same time as the public release of the GP2X, the low level hackers are busy working out every thing in order to make life easier for us when we finally get our hands on a system.

Reesy posted on Oct 6 2005 at 08:50 PM said:
It would be great if we could get Flubba interested in the GP2X, he writes a good emulator so I hear :) You never know he likes systems with fancy hardware and it sounds like the GP2X has plenty of that.

Reesy do you ever talk with Flubba? Do you know if he would be interested in it? I know he turned up his nose at the GP32 even though he has one but not sure about GP2X. If he would be interested in deving for the GP2X he would be a good choice.

digitaljez posted on Oct 12 2005 at 08:25 PM said:
I nominate The Wub so he can port his Shoot 'em up construction kit : The Wub's SEUCK.

He has been busy enhancing it - can't wait for the next (imminent) release.

Same. =)

Draken posted on Oct 15 2005 at 01:14 PM said:
digitaljez posted on Oct 12 2005 at 08:25 PM said:
I nominate The Wub so he can port his Shoot 'em up construction kit : The Wub's SEUCK.

He has been busy enhancing it - can't wait for the next (imminent) release.

Same. =)

Would be nice with an updated list of possible candidates. Perhaps also giving a bit of background on each. Just a thought :)

I'd do the list myself but I don't know half of them half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of them half as well as they deserve ;)

I agree with Eolair. Let's put together a list of the candidates with their background and what they would do on GP2X. I also want some words from each of them why they should get a GP2X. No point giving a GP2X for someone who isn't interested in developing for it if there's someone else who really want to.

Back