Release DBGL + DosBox with 3Dfx

So the other day I finally got round to trying this out. I found it easy to use the add game wizard to add a game. I didn't like the separate window but I changed it to full screen and scaled aspect. So far so good.
  1. What is the shortcut/button you use to exit after playing the game in full screen? I tried escape key, didn't work.
  2. How do I get sound working?

What is the shortcut/button you use to exit after playing the game in full screen? I tried escape key, didn't work.
ALT + Enter <-- DOSBOX default

How do I get sound working?
It should work out of the box, but remember this is DOS, so you may need to go through a setup program, configuration menu or in rarer cases a text file to enable soundblaster or adlib compatible sound and such and the procedure could change per game.

ALT + Enter <-- DOSBOX default
Sorry for the confusion - I meant is there a button combo to "gracefully exit" the entire app while playing in fullscreen (Instead of needing to go back to the launcher first before closing). I'm currently using the PND button to kill it! :confused:

Ah was confused thought you meant a fullscreen toggle...

If ptitseb retained the standard DOSBOX key command CTRL-F9 should work...

also typing exit on the command line likely would work too.

Hi all :)

I just heard about Shakedown: Hawaii and its prequel Retro City Rampage (yeah, I know I've been living under a rock for quite some time now...). Retro City Rampage sells at GOG for 15 euros and includes the DOS version of that game :D Have you guys ever tried to play it with DOSBox on the Pandora ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

The game is running at playable speed on my Rebirth OC'ed @ 1GHz :) Now I just need to find a way to re-map the keys because at the moment WASD is not that convenient ;)

Cheers. Magic Sam

I played it with DOSBox, I've got some slowdowns but I don't know if they're because of the Pandora or if they're in the original 486 edition of the game.
It works better than the other ways I've tried (though I haven't tested with the dynarec Box86)

Hi all,
I played it with DOSBox, I've got some slowdowns but I don't know if they're because of the Pandora or if they're in the original 486 edition of the game.
It works better than the other ways I've tried (though I haven't tested with the dynarec Box86)
@ptitSeb : any chance you could give the Linux x86 version of this game a try with box86 ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

I tried it last weekend with a recent build of box86 with dynarec and it was better than it was without dynarec, but it was still too slow. And after watching a video of how the 486 version is supposed to run it turns out that it is too slow as well with Dosbox...

Hi @ptitSeb I tried to install this recently and getting an error message about missing dosbox executable. In my appdata/dbgl there are folders but all empty, and no DosBox binary as far as I can tell! Not sure what I'm doing wrong :p

Hi @ptitSeb I tried to install this recently and getting an error message about missing dosbox executable. In my appdata/dbgl there are folders but all empty, and no DosBox binary as far as I can tell! Not sure what I'm doing wrong :p
well there wouldn't be any executables in the appdata on the SD card as that where user related files reside.

To find binaries, while the program is running, you would likely find them somewhere in /mnt/utmp/dbgl/

Although something is odd as it should just work ™

perhaps trying it on a clean slate, cleaning out the appdata/dbgl directory off the SD card, deleting the pnd and redownloading.

Likely dumb question, but are you running the latest Super Zaxxon 1.76?

Last edited:
Yeah I tried reinstalling after a clean delete of both the pnd and appdata. Running latest Super Zaxxon too.
I'll take a look at whats inside utmp when its running
Post automatically merged:

Yep its in utmp! Thanks @TrashyMG. So I have to manually add this to the DosBox versions in DBGL, pointing to the one I want in utmp...

Yep its in utmp! Thanks @TrashyMG. So I have to manually add this to the DosBox versions in DBGL, pointing to the one I want in utmp...

Well It's odd it doesn't just find it there, but maybe you may have to link it over again? At work sans Pandora, so can't play with it myself.

Yep thank you, after linking up Dosbox with DBGL, everything I throw at it seems to work amazingly well.

Reactions: rSl
@ptitSeb Ok sorry didn't checked on Dosbox...but anyway a release of DBGL with 3Dfx and Dosbox would be nice on Pyra (i think).

Otherwise i have some failed attempt of port that could be interesting...if you have time.

Back