Release DBGL + DosBox with 3Dfx

@ekianjo : no that will not, only smoothness of the picture. But you use this version, be sure to select windowed and no scaler, that will improve speed, and probably touchscreen.

@sepulep ; so I have integrated your changes for next release. The "touchscreen" changes (about the mouse pointer) is all behind a new parameter (in [sdl] that is touchscreen=true/false, false be default) and the click_mod. And I have adapted dbgl for those 2 new parameters. What should be the default value for that click_mod, to have it on some shoulder button (maybe I should put that on the tooltip on DBGL)?

great! I think click_mod=right shift should work fine as default (thats left shoulder, which works for right handed people)

heres another video setup that might be useful, it basically gives the 4:3 scaling with better working mouse (than the hw scaler)

make sure you have the Dosbox version set to 0x74 default that comes in the pnd
pick the render surface as opengl or openglnb
set the scaler to none
set the fullscreen resolution to 0x0 (this picks the screen size).
check fullscreen to true
check aspect correction to true (leave unchecked if you want 8:5)

now you should see any resolution scaled by the gpu to 4:3.
I think this will be slower than the hw scaler as the gpu is not that great for streaming textures, but its ok for the vga games ive needed it for.

New build on the repo. New is MT-32 support, and improved 3Dfx support. TombRaider (version from Steam/GoG for example) is fully playable, and so is GTA. 3Dfx screens are also centered/scaled now, but it's been done as a hack (using viewport change only), so the lfb mode "read" or "full", that read back the Framebuffer, will not work properly (as the Framebuffer is now 800x480, instead of 640x480 or 512x384). Anyway, you should stick with lfb_mode=write, as read/full are not smooth enough on the Pandora

And with an article on pandoralive: http://pandoralive.info/?p=5384

Build 02
-------------

• Fixed TombRaider that failed to launch
  • Fixed MP3 CD track
  • Optimised and centered OpenGlide (don't use read or full mode, only write of none)
  • Added MT32 emulation with optimised Munt
  • Added DOSbox-074-HW wrapper to use omapdss SDL driver (don't use with opengl)
  • Added touchscreen parameters in DOSbox and DBGL

I've tried a clean install, as I nuked the appdata/dbgl Directory. I'm getting a fatal error on launch.

Java.io.IOException: Couldn't open file "/mnt/utmp/dbgl/.dbgl/templates/default.xml"!

After it seems to bring up the launcher, but I can't add games, comes up with a similar can't open some file error.

Ok, fixed the problem with the 1st launch. Only the beta build had the correct script, it somehow got loast with build 01 (and 02).

Build 03
-------------

• Fixed the 1st start that was not working (was ok with beta only)

Thanks ptittSeb for this great port!!!But can you only mount iso files and no bin files?

you can mount bin file with no problem. In fact, I play the TombRaider version from Steam that use a cue/bin/mp3 cd image...

I have mounted a cue file (with mount images) but the game don't recognize the image.
I have put the cue and the bin file in the same directory as the installed game.

I have mounted a cue file (with mount images) but the game don't recognize the image.
I have put the cue and the bin file in the same directory as the installed game.
Is your cue file ok? Linux is case sensitive, so the bin file reference in the cue must be exactly the same spelling/case as the physical file.

OMG SORRY ptitSeb the audio files works only if you play the game and not with the starting demo........I didn't know that!!!!Again sorry!!!
The game works perfectly now.......Awesome!!!!

Still really enjoying this. Been playing Theme Park and hearing the MT32 music... which is not that great in terms of Theme Park but oh well.
Anyhow, I have a bit of a request:
Could the changes from Winbox(http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=winbox-1) be compiled into this? The modifications add support for a native widescreen resolution and perfect touch support in win 3.1 under dosbox 0.74.
It would be nice if the same optimisations could be applied.

I believe the source is inside the PND.

New build on the repo.
It started with adding the "netpeek" and "wizpopfix" function (look here for more detail about netpeek, bu be aware that there is a little offset of "1" between reference version of dosbox and this one)., and ended up with many many tweaks inside both DosBOX and the DBGL frontend.

Build 04
-------------

• dbgl: Tweaked all config screens to make them fit Pandora screen
  • dosbox: added netpeek: tool that allows to create game map with third party tools like Grid Cartographer (David Walter+pickle)
  • dosbox: added wizpopfix, to fix poping sound for Wizardry 6 & 7 (David Walter+pickle)
  • dosbox: added Amstrad PC1512 video mode (jmk + ykhwong)
  • dosbox: added PS/1 Sound card (jmk + ykhwong)
  • dosbox: some optimisations mainly on draw code (Tramboi)
  • dosbox: added more refined S3 Trio hardware driver
  • dosbox: Some optims to dynarec ("inlined" the memory read/write)
  • dosbox: Added "cyclesmin" to define a minium cycles (it's 200 by default in the code)
  • dosbox: OpenGL mode now is 4x3 most of the time
  • dosbox, various many more little things...
  • glide: made some changes in glshim to speedup some texture conversions

thanks to ptitSeb for working with me to get the netpeek feature added.

This feature links Grid Cartographer to Dosbox over a network connection that allows GC to auto map and track the players position.
So for example I run GC on my android tablet. I set up netpeek to send the data to my tablet's IP.
Then as I move in the game the avatar in GC will move seamlessly between maps.
If i activate the 'bulldozer' mode I can auto map as I move in the game.
Its quite powerful and makes it easier to get into some these old CRPG's without mapping by hand. This should work for any machine
connected to the network and that can run GC.

Ive been testing using v3 (theres a version 4) and the ptitSeb dosbox is using v3 patches. According the the author v4 patches should be backwards compatible.
But there isnt an Android version yet, so Im not interested yet.

These are the supported games for v3:
Code:
Eye of the Beholder                              (tried, but didnt get working yet)
Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures           (dont own)
Might and Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum     (works, offset +1)
Might and Magic II                               (not working)
Pool of Radiance                                 (didnt try)
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord    (dont own)
Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge             (works, offset +1)
Dragon Wars (Beta)                               (works, offset +1)

ptitSeb, do you have the source code of your patched version available somewhere? I built my own version that has some custom patches, but it doesn't work as well as your binary. I'd love to incorporate your tweaks in my build as well.

I'll make a diff and put it in the front page soon. But it will be difficult to apply, as they are many patches and it's geting messy.
[doublepost=1478676472,1478673709][/doublepost]@Nom23 : It's done (you'll also need Munt32 and openglide libs to compile, and I have just put my diffs to those 2 libs in front page too).

Last edited:
Back