Current statistics and some predictions

I'm a fan of Thinkpad black. I would use mine mostly for work and would like to look at least somewhat professional (as professional as I can with gaming controls on there :p). I just don't really want something this expensive and capable to look like a toy / cheap portable Nintendo ...

I wonder if the remaining Pre Pre Orderers are aware they need to convert to Pre-orders. Perhaps an email to them explaining such is in order.

could always aim for 1500 preorders. or at least, keep the preorders open until 1500 units are preordered, even if you ship Pyras before then.

wait for 750 preorders to produce first-batch of 1000, ship the 750 immediately. until the preorders get to 1500, do a "What will I contribute to the Pyra" contest, and ship the 250 remaining first-batch Pyras to the winners of that contest (or some number less than 250, in case of warranty, repairs, etc.). People who don't win have to wait until preorders get to 1500 (which probably won't be long after that point). You'd have something like 500 people waiting for a second-batch Pyra, but that's ok, that's what we're doing for a first batch Pyra. it will encourage them to get the word out.

I wish I could pre order now... but I have to watch the pennies for the next couple months... will pre orders still be open in two months*?
I should be out of dire straights by then...

*No, I do not mean indefinitely. ..

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the remaining Pre Pre Orderers are aware they need to convert to Pre-orders. Perhaps an email to them explaining such is in order.

I'm pretty sure if ED will just send everyone pictures of his bloodied cuticles if he has to deal with any more e-mails.

@colour:
More importantly, dark cases will be very prone to heating due to sun rays. So you'll have to make sure not to leave the device in the sun, just because of a poor colour choice. I made such a poor choice in 2008, when I bought a black netbook, which is now sitting in my office. There's only one reasonable place on my desktop where I can put it, but there it will sit in blazing sunlight for almost an hour if I forget to close the sunblind before going to lunch.

For these two reasons I'd prefer some bright, opaque case.
Wouldn't that be like operating a greenhouse?
A translucent case with mirror lacquer painted from the inside would work maybe?

I'll take black or gray, because the sun isn't actually a thing in Norway, and also it offers the best contrast against the screen. I want to see the screen, nothing else.

1394079002.jpg

Although, I'd find black(ish) too generic/boring for myself, I'd never tell somebody else to prefer something more interesting - of course not.
But still, everytime I read someone saying (s)he needs it in black to look professional or decent etc., I kinda wish the Pyra came themed only - with things like Spongebob, Power Rangers, Winnie the Pooh, Sesame Street, Knight Rider, Airwolf ...

Although, I'd find black(ish) too generic/boring for myself, I'd never tell somebody else to prefer something more interesting - of course not.
But still, everytime I read someone saying (s)he needs it in black to look professional or decent etc., I kinda wish the Pyra came themed only - with things like Spongebob, Power Rangers, Winnie the Pooh, Sesame Street, Knight Rider, Airwolf ...
a6Lpz8b_700b.jpg

No real difference.

BTW: I already updated it on the shop site: Black will definitely be available as color. I never planned to NOT have black, just wanted additional colors as well (but we won't choose one before we can see them in real life!)
Thanks ED. That's all I needed to hear. One question before I order: Does the LTE/4G SIM slot replace the internal microSD slot?

@sadata One slot to rule them both (at the same time). Well, it's more a two-slot-combo. There's somewhere a pic around. Maybe in the presskit or in the gallery?

How about a limited edition of vintage '80s beige (Amiga 500) !?!? xD
It was discussed and voted on, yet is still only the preference of a few people. I can't remember if the minimum case run size was shared, however I am pretty sure it is more than a dozen or two, so it may not be financially feasible for ED. Maybe ask for clear and paint it beige.

I wish I could pre order now... but I have to watch the pennies for the next couple months... will pre orders still be open in two months*?
I should be out of dire straights by then...

*No, I do not mean indefinitely. ..
And it is hard to save those pennies if something comes up...

But still, everytime I read someone saying (s)he needs it in black to look professional or decent etc.,
I need it in black or grey so I can hide in dark corners while watching you. :p Really, I just prefer plain and simple colors. If it is going to be a "fun" color there are only a few that I like, including some bright greens, hot pink, and a handful of translucent colors. I am pretty sure those choices wouldn't be popular enough, so I support black/dark grey (what I may get), dark red (if I like it I will get it), and clear (fun as it is, and can be made any other color).

Of course, if vantablack could happen (affordably) I would want that.

Thanks ED. That's all I needed to hear. One question before I order: Does the LTE/4G SIM slot replace the internal microSD slot?
@sadata One slot to rule them both (at the same time). Well, it's more a two-slot-combo. There's somewhere a pic around. Maybe in the presskit or in the gallery?
I believe it is shown in the overview video. They look like 2 little metal flippy frames in the battery compartment (he probably mentions them when it is shown).

AWWW YEAH can't wait to get mine
i cant wait to get yours either! eh ;)
I have no choice but to wait... I can't afford to fly to Germany and steal a prototype.
[doublepost=1463248381,1463245541][/doublepost]@Djoga'Ro @sadata here is a picture of the microSD and SIM card stuff
dsc02885-jpg.27909

I good with any color. But if ED would let me have the clear one I would love it.

And it is hard to save those pennies if something comes up...

I'll leave imaginary jesus the thankless task of saving Penny and her clones.

I on the other paw, shall engage in further hypnotism until... something goes down.

The less I have, the less I need... The less I need... The more I have.

What I have cannot be seen. What is seen cannot be me.

What is taken, is make believe.

I see egg
On the face, of he who *must* please.
... and mice who eat sticks, of the men who would be...

WTF does this have to do with pre ordering the Pyra???

Ask me about fame and fortune... and I will tell you fame is the box by which you hang the picture you R...
and fortune... requires a good ear, to hear what could be, what fools be, and what makes present, past, and future... a mousey singularity...

How about a limited edition of vintage '80s beige (Amiga 500) !?!? xD
It was discussed and voted on, yet is still only the preference of a few people. I can't remember if the minimum case run size was shared, however I am pretty sure it is more than a dozen or two, so it may not be financially feasible for ED. Maybe ask for clear and paint it beige.
ED should make 3 of them and then make an announcement, when and where he will throw them in a pit for those interested to snatch them. Might make for a good promotion video.

I need it in black or grey so I can hide in dark corners while watching you.
Now that's a presentable reason. Not like getting one's own decisions dictated by the impressions one might have on others - especially when it's about businessman conformity.

Of course, if vantablack could happen (affordably) I would want that.
I didn't realise this is a thing. Batman did not suggest that - sorry, @Klumpen. I wonder if it would be usefull on the surface of a handheld. Wouldn't it wear off qickly? Also, it doesn't look as if it is readily available.

Back