Current statistics and some predictions

For anything software related that is not really an issue.

If there are hardware fixes in a second batch. Well, I'll probably just order another one and give the first one a new purpose.
Nevertheless, I trust EvilDragon and his team to test them well enough that the need for such fixes will never arise.

If there'll be proper Pyra2Pyra multiplayer support, people may consider buying at least two different colours anyway. ;)

Well I'm happy to know that I will get my Pyra :) I hope that it sells better so that the community grows and support for the Pyra will go up.

My favourite black can be seen on Neelix' render here - it's the black of the nubs:
pyra_darkrednoisy_black-png.27510

It's when it's surrounded by that kind of red.

Last edited:
BTW: I already updated it on the shop site: Black will definitely be available as color. I never planned to NOT have black, just wanted additional colors as well (but we won't choose one before we can see them in real life!)

Thank God, I'll take any other color that isn't "black", as that just speaks "generic" to me any and everywhere it is used. I might possibly take a pink case over black if those where my only two options, that's how much I detest black.

The yellow mock up was my favorite, but the dark red/burgundy is doable.

Yep, it is certainly possible if enough are interested in it.

Clear is always cool, as I have modded my PSP and DS lite with clear cases in the past. The major issue with clear is the bleeding through of the light where you may or may not want it.

BTW ED, what specific color samples did you happen to order for case color testing purposes?

Chris

No real difference.

BTW: I already updated it on the shop site: Black will definitely be available as color. I never planned to NOT have black, just wanted additional colors as well (but we won't choose one before we can see them in real life!)

White? come on white

freebooters!
looks like we're on safe course and the captain has good control over the steering-wheel, sir.
this will be a smooth ride if we all load the monkeys now with our preorder-duffle for the first batch and hit that 'ole gpd-boat from the broadside or the dungble.
a grog for the captain!

ps.
to the brave men on the orlop,
if leaving off the touchlayer is improving the display-quality quite a a lot, then feel free to not apply one to my unit and keep the profit for more funding.

Well b(lack) is confirmed. Any other colour option other than pink is fine with me but if I could really have it I'd want the Dark Red. The black nubs look great with the dark red.
[doublepost=1463179159,1463179122][/doublepost]
White? come on white
Hippy white not allowed.;)

Yep, it is certainly possible if enough are interested in it.
This pleases me.
More so for case color modding than anything. I'd be able to produce really interesting effects on a clear case [say a blood red see through case with metallic trimming painted on the inside]. With the lid RGB leds in tow, the case mod would be taken to a level unseen within community sourced devices.

Another interesting style I plan on looking into would be those neat layered paint pieces. The artwork is painted backwards on the inside of the case instead of the outside of it in a series of layers, the case serving as a sort of seal against damaging the work itself. [I don't have a pic of this as this style is very rarely used]

I'm going to airbrush and stencil mine, so it really doesn't matter what color they come in.

As a side note, people have been talking about kickstarter and indiegogo, but what about massdrop? That's a ready built enthusiast community that should fit right in line, I figure.

Back