Craig Posts A New Pic

jlepley

Just checking the Pandora PSUs are good quality. They are.

We could always use more good news.

Edit: Thank you, Transmission. The hotlink image worked when I originally posted it, so I guess they change things around to block that sort of thing.

Aethix said:

Just checking the Pandora PSUs are good quality. They are.

We could always use more good news.

Oh good. This will get people to stop bitching about how Craig and Co. haven't been preparing the PSU while they were working on the cases.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
kaprikawn said:
They even look like PSP ones (well the end it yellow like the PSP ones). Have they just got the same ones Sony use?
The color is plug specific, I suppose. The PSP uses the same plug.

I have no idea what I should be looking at on that picture, but it reeks of unspeakable horrors perpetrated on defenseless power supply units.

Or maybe he just pried them open.

Silly me, confusing PSU with CPU. It all makes more sense now. Still, what did he do?

God Ginrai said:
Oh good. This will get people to stop bitching about how Craig and Co. haven't been preparing the PSU while they were working on the cases.

-God Ginrai

Not really, I expect some people will say "how could you have shipped before x-mas, if the case was fine then, but you are only now checking out the PSU".

Edit for Mali. Please read what I posted. I didn't say have, I said "checking out"... inspecting, tearing apart to check quality (which is what his pic is about and thusly, this thread).

Craig mentioned a while ago that they already have the PSUs ;)

Edit: Sorry, for the misunderstanding :)

BackAssward said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

Not really, I expect some people will say "how could you have shipped before x-mas, if the case was fine then, but you are only now checking out the PSU".

Edit for Mali. Please read what I posted. I didn't say have, I said "checking out"... inspecting, tearing apart to check quality (which is what his pic is about and thusly, this thread). Please actually read before replying.

Sadly enough, you're right. Someone probably will go on about that. -_-'

-God Ginrai

kaprikawn said:
They even look like PSP ones (well the end it yellow like the PSP ones). Have they just got the same ones Sony use?
SONY said:
EDIT: Can I also use my PSP (3000 model) charger?
Pretty much, and yes has already been stated. There are quotes available, but you'll have to find them yourself :)

You could also charge your pandora through an already charged pandora too! (paraphrased from the current Manual in the wiki)

I can't see the wall-plug. Is this a british, common europe or US-Plug? (British would make sense in the case of Craigix ^^ )
And how we will know if the PSUs are good quality just by disassembling and looking at the bare parts? It still could explode if you plug it in. :D

fusion_power said:
I can't see the wall-plug. Is this a british, common europe or US-Plug? (British would make sense in the case of Craigix ^^ )
I was wondering the same thing... after inspection, I believe it is a separate wall-to-charger cable, so if correct, I hope we get one with the appropriate plug. It kinda looks like it'd be a two prong cable such as this:

97-40025-004.jpg

Edit: on further checking, that is how a a standard one seems to be, if you do a GIS you'll see many like this:

153121_psp_charger.jpg

Edit2: Changed links to images... seems Chip thinks the same thing.

The picture is too dark to make it out, but I suspect that large black blob at the bottom of the PCB (opposite the visible cable) is a standard power cord socket. Probably a figure-8, but it could be any of the standard socket types. This makes it very easy to ship a localized power cord to any given region.

Chip said:
The picture is too dark to make it out, but I suspect that large black blob at the bottom of the PCB (opposite the visible cable) is a standard power cord socket. Probably a figure-8, but it could be any of the standard socket types. This makes it very easy to ship a localized power cord to any given region.

Even Craigix's pictures are vague. <.< [/joke]

-God Ginrai

Kloplop321 said:
You could also charge your pandora through an already charged pandora too! (paraphrased from the current Manual in the wiki)

lol, never thought of that, but with a powered usb port and usb charging that should be possible. Will it go from the general usb to the mini usb then? or otherwise, what will happen if the batteries even out? or is it dependant on the usb port settings?

Back