Workin On A Skin

triton

i decided i would try my hand at making a skin, man there are alot of different things to change! i ahve the main thing done so far, i like the way it looks, im gradually learning to use photoshop so i am not changing all the icons and stuff yet, mostly the backgrounds, only changes i did to the icons was change the color around them to a bluish color. here is a pic

i decided i would try my hand at making a skin, man there are alot of different things to change! i ahve the main thing done so far, i like the way it looks, im gradually learning to use photoshop so i am not changing all the icons and stuff yet, mostly the backgrounds, only changes i did to the icons was change the color around them to a bluish color. here is a pic

Looks pretty nice but I would just put there a pic of me and my gf lol

Last edited by a moderator:
im working on makng new icons at the moment, i have the game one made, when i get the entire main page thing done i wil post a new pic, im makin the icons by hand with a combo of MSpaint and photoshop, paint for the basic stuff and PS for the rest

I did a little searching (couldn't find anything) and I would like to do some skinning myself but I haven't come across any guides as to how to do it and seen as your all gun ho about it triton I thought you could point me in the right direction, please.

Like how does the gp2x handle the skins? are the icons made individualy and automatically placed on a background by the unit? what format are the icons in?

Since all the cool kids are doing it --

Gorilla1.jpg

Gorilla2.jpg

Not sure if I'll finish it.

meh... someone needs to make a yaoi skin... with bishie sprites as icons... I guess it's up to me! TO WAL*MART TO PICK UP A COPY OF PHOTOSHOP!

thats cool lookin! to start making skins get some good effect guides for photoshop or the gimp and download the skin previewer program from the gp2x fila archive. and what is up with you and yaoi?

small update! sorry for double post. i have a full 3 icons redone! game photo and music! i am still tryin to decide on what to make the video icon, all the new icons were drawn by me in MSpaint and edited in photoshop! the SD sucks but oh well, the others are ok!
newbitmapimage3pb.th.jpg

hey, yea i know! but for drawing them in friggin MS paint they aint bad lol, me=sucks at photoshop! i literally just started using it today, did some tutorials to get used to stuff and stuff like that

I figured since we basically have a KDE theme it was only fair if somebody did a Gnome one.

Um... can someone help me here? I got the skin previewer, and the Tux 'N' Tosh skin (to use as a template, since I don't have an actual GP2X yet :p) but just to check the skin out, I used the skin viewer... and it errors!

Unable to init SDL: Couldn't open imgbattery/body.png

And yes, I copied all the files into the root directory of the skin...

Is that skin valid? Also, why are there mostly pngs (with new graphics) but also a few random bmps featuring the default skin? Please help here, this is somewhat odd... and I want to make a skin. I Have a few (very) vague ideas...

quick info update, i will post pics or membe the skin pretty soon, i have the first screen done except settings

another update, i am having problims with my skin, whatever body.png i have in imgmovie shows up as the background in movie player and photos in the skinviewer, even if i have a different body.png in the imgimage file! why?!

triton posted on Dec 2 2005 at 08:22 PM said:
another update, i am having problims with my skin, whatever body.png i have in imgmovie shows up as the background in movie player and photos in the skinviewer, even if i have a different body.png in the imgimage file! why?!

that happened to me to. i had to re unzip the folders then it worked again for soem reason. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back