COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did those stats come from?
From the Dutch government. What... you don't trust official data?
On the bottom there is an image with a nice slider so you can see it week by week. Pretty nifty. See how it's suddenly all dark red? Schoolchildren started mass testing...

But I like this one better:

Penny Bay is in my ear and in my eye....

Last edited:
Penny Bay is in my ear and in my eye....
I wonder who those gentle appreciating residents are. Maybe they ought to take up a job in crime; if they succeed then they get rich, if they fail then they get a luxurious stay at a quarantine centre. It is a win/win for them.

Last edited:
Gibraltar is 100% vaccinated, actually 118% vaccinated if you also include Spanish people that work inside Gibraltar. And still, and still.... those Spanish have a track-record of bringing in diseases into a whole continent...

Also: Vax data will be released in 80 years, so you can complain in 80 years, if you are still alive.

Covid19 vaccines no longer prevent transmissions, CDC director says. But what does she know? It works! Get vaccinated!

Her OLD point of view:

her NEW point of view:

Pretty clear right? (not really, no) It actually means.... get the booster. In Netherlands they are talking about removing your "green" QR status if you do not have the booster.

Gibraltar is 100% vaccinated, actually 118% vaccinated if you also include Spanish people that work inside Gibraltar. And still, and still.... those Spanish have a track-record of bringing in diseases into a whole continent...

Also: Vax data will be released in 80 years, so you can complain in 80 years, if you are still alive.

Covid19 vaccines no longer prevent transmissions, CDC director says. But what does she know? It works! Get vaccinated!

Her OLD point of view:

her NEW point of view:

Pretty clear right? (not really, no) It actually means.... get the booster. In Netherlands they are talking about removing your "green" QR status if you do not have the booster.
Where’s Wikileaks when you need it...

So if you are going home to somebody who has not been vaccinated to somebody who can't get vaccinated, somebody who might be immunosuppressed or a little bit frail, somebody who has co-morbidities that put them at high risk, I would suggest you wear a mask in public indoor settings.
But masks are a lot more effective at protecting other people from you than at protecting you from other people. It would make more sense to end that sentence with "wear a mask at home"!

But masks are a lot more effective at protecting other people from you than at protecting you from other people.
Even those hospital grade ones?

Meanwhile Bill Gates turned his $55 million vaccine investment in Pfizer’s partner, BioNTech, into over $550 million in just under two years. source: internet.
Meanwhile me still wondering if we already have "flattened the curve".
Meanwhille singing to the melody of "Do you want to build a snowman": "Do you want to get a booster. It is pretty cold outside... The infections are rising. And there's no place - to hiiiiiide.".
Post automatically merged:

Where’s Wikileaks when you need it...
I have sad news for you... Lemmiwinks won....

I fear phase 6 next year...

But meanwhile: Rotterdam Port stopped working (2G protest)

Some of the videos remind me of the Dukes of Hazard.

Last edited:
From the Dutch government. What... you don't trust official data?
On the bottom there is an image with a nice slider so you can see it week by week. Pretty nifty. See how it's suddenly all dark red? Schoolchildren started mass testing...
There was a general assumption you didn't need to test kids, because they don't spread Covid much and hardly ever end up in the hospital. Hospitalization is the mean reason for covid measures in most countries.
"In general, the younger the child, the smaller the role in the spread of the virus. This applies to both the classic virus variant and the more contagious virus variants." (Translated from Dutch)
Same source: https://www.rivm.nl/coronavirus-covid-19/kinderen

But maybe that assumption is incorrect.

Even those hospital grade ones?
While it would make sense the medical mask work (why else would we use them), I still can't find a study that clearly states this is true. I read masks work, mainstream statement is they work, but for some reason it's hard to find any good evidence for it.
And I'm just trying to proof people wrong that state mask don't work, maybe you know any trustworthy source?

The WHO refers to the following studies that state masks could work but the study can't prove this, and this is the foundation of their recommendation for wearing masks. Which is adopted world-wide as a covid measure.

"Studies of influenza, influenza-like illness, and human corona viruses (not including COVID-19) provide evidence that the use of a medical mask can prevent the spread of infectious droplets from a symptomatic infected person (source control) to someone else and potential contamination of the environment by these droplets.(54, 55)"
WHO recommendations for wearing masks: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/332293/WHO-2019-nCov-IPC_Masks-2020.4-eng.pdf / https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/332293

"In conclusion, although our findings did not suggest that face masks could prevent transmission of influenza in households, the lack of statistical power prevents us to draw a formal conclusion as to exclude that face masks could nevertheless have a substantial effect. Therefore our study should be interpreted cautiously as providing additional data to other trials realized in the context of seasonal epidemics."
Source (54): https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0013998

"In an intention-to-treat analysis, rates of clinical respiratory illness (relative risk (RR) 0.61, 95% CI 0.18 to 2.13), ILI (RR 0.32, 95% CI 0.03 to 3.13) and laboratory-confirmed viral infections (RR 0.97, 95% CI 0.06 to 15.54) were consistently lower in the mask arm compared with control, although not statistically significant. A post hoc comparison between the mask versus no-mask groups showed a protective effect against clinical respiratory illness, but not against ILI and laboratory-confirmed viral respiratory infections."
"The study indicates a potential benefit of medical masks for source control, but is limited by small sample size and low secondary attack rates. Larger trials are needed to confirm efficacy of medical masks as source control."
Source (55): https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28039289/
Also note the conflict of interest section: "All authors have completed the Unified Competing Interests form (available on request from the corresponding author) and declare that: CRM has held an Australian Research Council Linkage Grant with 3M as the industry partner, for investigator driven research. 3M have also contributed supplies of masks and respirators for investigator-driven clinical trials. She has received research grants and laboratory testing as in-kind support from Pfizer, GSK and Bio-CSL for investigator-driven research. HS had an NHMRC Australian based Public Health Training Fellowship at the time of the study (1012631). She has also received funding from vaccine manufacturers GSK, bio-CSL and Saniofi Pasteur for investigator-driven research and presentations. AAC had testing of filtration of masks by 3M for PhD."

The study (54) has references to other studies, what would those say?
"In conclusion there remains a substantial gap in the scientific literature on the effectiveness of face masks to reduce transmission of influenza virus infection. While there is some experimental evidence that masks should be able to reduce infectiousness under controlled conditions [Reference Johnson7], there is less evidence on whether this translates to effectiveness in natural settings. There is little evidence to support the effectiveness of face masks to reduce the risk of infection."
Source: https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...matic-review/64D368496EBDE0AFCC6639CCC9D8BC05

--update--
"Face masks seem to have a real but small effect for wearer and source control, although final conclusions should await full reports of the trials from Bangladesh and Guinea-Bissau."
Souce: https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2729

Last edited:
I trust [official data] to be able to show contradictions in the official narrative.
are you basing your opinions purely on personal observations then? or unofficial data?? or assumptions???

or do you only accept data that reinforces your preconceived notions????

sometimes official figures are the least worst option.

are you basing your opinions purely on personal observations then? or unofficial data?? or assumptions???
I just said that I use official stats. The only difference is that I use them by putting them under scrutiny instead of using them by just blindly assuming that what they say is both true and what they mean.

sometimes official figures are the least worst option.
No information is better than misinformation.

Rotterdam, Netherlands. Against 2G and against the prohibition of fireworks this year:

Kinda scary now, too much police and it escalated very quickly (protest got cut down too soon). All exit streets to the center are closed off. The people are surrounded. No trains are coming into Rotterdam to prevent more people joining. For Americans it will be a meh, but shots were fired by the police. One person dead. The other person shot at is in O.R. (allegedly Cameraman Marco Buis from Onrecht TV - shot in the chest). I've seen bleeding legs, decapitated fingers, lot's of blood on the ground. It's not just "shot's in the air".

People were there with their children, as this one the first big one in Rotterdam. But it got quite out of hand. Just a little taste of the new protests coming soon...

Holy fuck indeed...

Police (actually, the M.E.) retreated (who gave the order to pincer? in the first place) but the people are now so angry that they charge back...

oh, it got deleted.

It's not the same, but here is also some info (graphical Warning: somebody lost a finger, and they show the footage)

Last edited:
Austria will mandate mandatory vaccinations starting february 1st. Belgium and Germany are now pushing for the same.

It's beginning to look a lot like sh*tmas....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back