COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of India, they had over 100,000 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday, becoming the second country to have a daily number that high.

So nice to see India catching up to the US. Global equality is possible after all.

No, I was meaning the "Punish India because they had less positive cases" (which actually depend on the amount of testing).
As @JDTAY's article does not contain data, here is the data:

Screenshot_20210405_155105.jpeg

Now, all the graphs go up, but they show only 1 month worth of data, and one month ago, India was at a low:
Screenshot_20210405_155140.jpeg

As for the "more tests means more positive people found". This region grew from 91.2K to 168.8K daily tests. Which is 45k daily tests more than the next biggest tested region.
However, the positivity rate is twice as high as the next up biggest infection rated region. Which means it either is a cultural thing or a housing thing, or another factor that skews the numbers.

But hear me out on this idea:

Bacteria => person with antibiotics => Resistant Bacteria
Resistant Bacteria => person with more antibiotics => Multi Resistant Bacteria

Virus => Person with Vaxzevria => Mutated Strain
Mutated Strain => Person with Vaxzevria AND 2021 cocktail => Hardened Mutated Strain

Last edited:
FBnil was right about the information. With four new days of data just released, North Carolina COVID-19 hospitalizations went down all four days, reversing the trend of hospitalizations going up the four days before that.

They also updated their County Alert System, and added two new lower tiers to it. We actually have one green county now, meaning not enough COVID-19 to care about there. Funny how they didn't add any extra tiers when we were at 97 out of 100 red highest tier counties.

I don't want to defend police brutality or any violence, but wasn't the Belgian sentence supposed to be effective 30 days later ? The restrictions were still legal/not juridically cancelled yet when they had the party or am I misunderstanding it ? One could interpret it that the measures weren't fully legal before but now had the acceptance of a judge for 30 days (else the judge could have cancelled them immediately)? And it sounded intended to let the legislative give legal basis for the measures more than the judge cancelling them and leaving the executive to cope with the consequences overnight. Now even if the party was illegal there should be peaceful ways to disperse it.

I wanted to note something else. Testing is down over the past week in my state. Especially on Easter. It usually is lowest on Mondays, but Easter's testing was actually lower than the previous Monday. Makes me wonder if today's testing, which gets reported tomorrow, will be higher or even lower.

I saw a report about COVID-19 in Michigan on CBS this morning. Not only are they going through a new wave, half of the hospitalizations are under age 60. I hope they're sequencing some of these to find out what's going on.

The army was doing massive controls this evening in the Gare du Nord train station in Paris. Never saw that in my entire life.

What kind of controls ? Identity ? Antigen tests ? And is the French military vaccinated ? I've heard in some places there were scandals with the heads of the military vaccinating before anyone else, the military stockpiling doses and choosing brands against the general criteria of the country, or military judges being vaccinated but civilian judges not and so on. But I haven't heard that of France. Not that it matters, vaccinated people could still spread the virus, just hopefully somewhat less.
I remember beign afraid of the people with machine guns in front of every museum or turist attraction years ago. I didn't care what uniform they wore, so I don't remember if they were police or soldiers or what. I just thought they had the means to blow my head if they went crazy or happened to think I was somehow dangerous. Not tourist-friendly at all. Just plain not friendly.

Identity and permits to work I guess.
--EDIT: not mentioned that but here you now need a kinda permit to work (delivered by the employer).

Last edited:
Yes, it seems that martial law is coming. No surprise there, the writing has been on the wall for longer than a decade. This really is a plan that they have been hatching for a long time. Best thing to do is to prepare yourself. Get food, get electricity, fuel, self-defence utilities, etc. And do not worry about The Virus, worrying about that is a waste of time and effort. That is what I live by. I am not sure if it will all be necessary but it is better to be prepared just in case it will be necessary. I have always doubted if they would retract our right over a fictional worldwide threat; yet here I am, having my human rights retracted over a fictional worldwide threat. As soon as it is obvious that we need to prep, it will be too late. That is how it always goes. When the majority discovers there is something wrong then it will be too late to prep and you either have prepped like the best or are in big trouble like the rest.

Actually, many people would have already benefitted from prepping, considering they lost their job. It sure helps to have a buffer of money (e.g. gold) and food when you lose your income. But of course, prepping is also for way worse situations than that, but during an economic collapse having prepped is a great thing.

I have always doubted if they would retract our right over a fictional worldwide threat; yet here I am, having my human rights retracted over a fictional worldwide threat.
To call the epidemic fictitious could be incredibly offensive to anyone here who's lost someone close to them with the disease. I don't mind you going on about your tin hat theories otherwise, but be careful how you describe the current epidemic.

Edit: I will not bite.

Last edited:
To call the epidemic fictitious could be incredibly offensive to anyone here who's lost someone close to them with the disease.
During 2016, was there a worldwide flu pandemic going on?

I don't mind you going on about your tin hat theories otherwise,
Of course you do not mind. My speaking out such facts are not destroying your basic freedom nor revoking your human rights in any way. I can even bear you saying things in support of revoking human rights, human freedom, and free speech; so for you to not be too bothered by me saying things that are not in support of violating any of your rights is not really much to ask.

but be careful how you describe the current epidemic.
I describe it as something that is locking me inside my house at night, keeping me hostage in my country, torturing my elderly through isolation, and stripping my less prepared friends of their needed source of income. Sorry for speaking up when my and other people's basic human rights are being violated, I hope it does not trigger your sensitivities too much.

Last edited:
What I find more alarming than the current removal of human rights is the complete apathy of the people.
Humans can get used to anything. It’s how we survive.

According to one NDE I read, the US will be returning to an agrarian society within our lifetime. I can’t wait to get used to that. I truly believe it too, since we’re already headed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back