Cosplay Costume

Would you buy a Costume?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We have a bar here that organizes LARP (Live Action Role Playing). People dressing up for that often really look GREAT in their costumes, because they are not trying to copy someone. If you try to cop ysomeone, you need the stature, the physical build, so there are some natural limits right there.
Personally, I am neither a LARPer nor a Cosplayer, but I played several NPCs already in the last LARPs - a Demon (who cleverly disguised himself as a spice merchant with a large, unexplained battle axe), a strange whisper originating from an amulet and the god of awkward beards - and I have to say that it is fun. My costumes were about 15€ all together, and they were pretty bland, but with a well-made costume I think it would have looked really good. Personally I wouldn't buy one, go to LARPs as a player or do Cosplay, but if the tailor knows his craft, I think it could be really worth a pretty penny.

Some most excellent cosplay pics there. Cosplay is great, as long as you leave it to the pros...
zomgcosplayer73db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
"Those were very bad examples of cosplay... somtimes its really awesome.. even if it isnt japanese people... I've seen some excellent american cosplayers.. but there are too many people trying to cosplay as people that they look nothing like, or their costume is crappy, or they are wayyyy too overweight to even think that they'd be able cosplay in t blink.gif he first place.....But they do in anyways... Ugghhh..."

I know EXACTLY what you mean... I've seen more than enough bad Vashes, Kenshins, and Sephiroths... I don't see the point of doing it at all if you're not gonna do it right. I'm assuming that fat guy wore that to be funny, and I really hope that's the case...

I'd probably do it, but I have no idea how to go about even making a costume of any characters I could actually be. If I could, I'd dress up as Magus, but to do that, I'd have to lose about 100 pounds and grow about a foot... So that's not gonna happen... my only options are fat characters... Buu from DBZ, Robo or Gato from Chrono Trigger... I don't know who else I'd want to dress up as... For some of the non-human stuff, what the heck do those people make their costumes out of, and how do they make it so well? i've seen a lot of awesome looking gundams.

Back