Anyone Tried Building A Mame Cabinet Yet ?

TelcoLou posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:41 PM said:
I plan on using MAME32's front end ... it works just fine for me. I only plan on using the cab. for MAME and no other emus or video playback etc ...

ah yeah if u only want mame it's ok but i don't want to have a windows look and mame32 well uses windows looks :) thats why i like mamewah it's almost like those 100 games in one cabinet u see in certain countries.

i've made a little tool now to create captures automaticly for my genesis, snes, game gear, master system roms. Basicly it looks at all the roms u have, it calls the emulator (Fusion or Zsnew) with the rom, let it run at full speed (to bypass the intro's etc from companies) send a key stroke to the window to make the screenshot kill the process repeat :D it goes great only problem is that sometimes u don't have good screenshots but i delete them and only redo those again till they are more or less ok. another problem is that u can't use ure pc while doing it because the emulator window needs to be active at all times but it works and i'm happy, saves me a lot of time doing it manually for every single game :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back