Can't Hold It Much Longer

dentrado said:
otaco said:
I thought long about shields for the planets, they could appear if some player holds a planet for a particular time. I also thought about some kind of turret guns for the planets, so you need a a big fleet to overcome a planet, or you have to attack from different sides at the same time.

But all these elements would change the gameplay. Any suggestions ???
Maybe you could have this optional too, a classic mode, and a mode with shields and turrets and stuff.

+1

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, there is a problem with the fileserver where I put the videos. I stored them on the webspace of the university but it seems the server is down. No student has access to his files at the moment.

Maybe the huge public interest for my game and the resulting traffic brought the server down :blink: .
Just kidding...

I drop a message when the videos are available again.

Hi otaco,

I bought and played Galcon one year before -and I loved it! A genial game play idea, packed in a cool style. And I also wanted to code it by my self -in Java. But it ended only in some stress tests -drawing many many ships ;-)
Your version looks great and I can't expect to play it on a Pandora handheld.
Now I'm coding on an other remake: XSwing Plus in Java & OpenGL: XSwing.net. Its in an early alpha state but already very funny to play. My destination is to port it to the Pandora. My C++ coding skills are not good till now, but your game showed me, that all I need for my game port is possible. So thank your for sharing your code!
I'm sure I'll have many questions about it, when I am getting deeper in the sdl world. So it would be nice when your'e open for requests.

Go on with this cool game,
best wishes,
Tobse

Your version looks great and I can't expect to play it on a Pandora handheld.
Now I'm coding on an other remake: XSwing Plus in Java & OpenGL: XSwing.net. Its in an early alpha state but already very funny to play. My destination is to port it to the Pandora. My C++ coding skills are not good till now, but your game showed me, that all I need for my game port is possible. So thank your for sharing your code!
I'm sure I'll have many questions about it, when I am getting deeper in the sdl world. So it would be nice when your'e open for requests.

Go on with this cool game,
best wishes,
Tobse
Thanks for the cookies ...
I'm open for questions. Try my gloost framework coming with many examples, maybe you can get some benefit from it...

gloost at berlios

my Website

How is this project coming along? It encouraged me to try out the flash version of Galcon and I'd really quite like tot ry an alpha/beta of We Come In Peace :D

I wish I could test the Alpha version for Windows but this little programm crashes and/or freezes my Windows Vista (64bit) completely. I have no clue why but no other programm ever was able to do this. ;) I have to reset the whole PC to recover the system, heavy.

ah! obvious solution, you have the windows vista 64bit virus installed, remove it and things will improve (reboot computer with rescue disk...select "format c:", then insert Ubuntu 8.10 disk and reboot, select "install to hard drive") ;) :p :D

very nice game by the way, reminds me a bit of one of my old faves, K240, on the Amiga, except you don`t get to build facilities on your planets (afaik).

funny...

or I just simply reboot my PC, select UBUNTU from the boot-menu and try to handle this OS without going nuts, practising harakiri or just freak out.... ;) Well, I still work on this at least but every time I load Ubuntu I get bad heart-attacks after a few minutes while fighting with the OS ;)

nice, but i find galcon boring. i hope you do manage to spice it up immensely. the sky is the limit, lol!!!

Back