Oh! Look! More Swarmy, Shiny Spaceships

otaco

Still Fresh
Website
www.otaco.de
alpha_0.022.jpg

alpha_0.022_title.jpg

Dear Earthlings,

this is a new alpha version of my game. Please read the README.TXT within the game folder. If you have any questions, drop a post here.

DOWNLOAD

Version 0.022 for Win32, zip

Version 0.022 for Win32, rar

Here is the link in text, the forums form keeps adding stuff to my post and messes up the links
(http://gonzo.uni-weimar.de/~weiszig/references/intergalactic/demo/intergalactic_dev_alpha_0.022.zip)

Some of the changes in this version:

CODE

- gameplay is now much slower
- ships are moving much smoother
- player have different ships, ships are smaller
- some parameters of the random map generator have changed
- changed planet.performance to planet.size scalation
- some A.I. parameters have changed
- added 2 more buildin maps on keys "9" and "0"
- press "n" or "m" to alter logic steps per frame ratio (game runs faster)
- changed glBlendFunc for additive blending (ships, lens flares, ...) from:
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_DST_ALPHA);
to
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE);

Some Media
  • Screenshots of all development stages
  • My YouTube profile with some videos

alpha_0.022_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
niiice!

btw, where did your destination alpha originally come from in the older blending mode?

darkblu said:
niiice!

btw, where did your destination alpha originally come from in the older blending mode?
I'm not quite sure, I never understood the glBlendFunc(). I think the "destination alpha" is the one of the current framebuffer.

MarkoeZ said:
Game looks great now! no more bugs for me. Although 3 players and up still is very difficult. Gonna try again now though :)
Which gpu do you have (so I can make a checklist)?

iprice said:
2. Prees space to start the game ;)

Looks nice :)
Yes I have sexlexia - the very sexy learning disability.

otaco said:
darkblu said:
niiice!

I'm not quite sure, I never understood the glBlendFunc(). I think the "destination alpha" is the one of the current framebuffer.

MarkoeZ said:
Game looks great now! no more bugs for me. Although 3 players and up still is very difficult. Gonna try again now though :)

iprice said:
2. Prees space to start the game ;)

Looks nice :)
Yes I have sexlexia - the very sexy learning disability.

011_blending_big.JPG

Source: http://www.zanir.szm.sk/10-19.html

That should help you with what results you get with glBlendFunc() B)

otaco said:
MarkoeZ said:

Oh yeah sorry, my card is an ATI Radeon HD 3450. Hope that's enough info.

And just won my first 3 player game : )

otaco said:
Did you ever decide on a name? "Destination Alpha" would work pretty well as a title. :D

WinXP professional, Ati Mobilty FireGL v5250. Game does not work. Trying to use previous contents as a backgorund, seems to run at 0.2 fps.

Edit: 1.65 fps

holy crap awesome

please tell me that this will be multiplayer at some point

also, suggestion: add a touchscreen mechanic for dragging fleet units to other planets to make things easier; doing it like this with the mouse is rather clumsy compared to that

ati said:
WinXP professional, Ati Mobilty FireGL v5250. Game does not work. Trying to use previous contents as a backgorund, seems to run at 0.2 fps.

Edit: 1.65 fps
Do you use the latest drivers? There must exist some omega drivers for this card too. Its basicly a x1700 and the game should run just fine - it does on a x1600 MacBook Pro. Try to disable antialiasing for openGL and disable SyncToVBlank in the catalyst control center.

atomicthumbs said:
holy crap awesome

please tell me that this will be multiplayer at some point
It will at some point...

atomicthumbs said:
also, suggestion: add a touchscreen mechanic for dragging fleet units to other planets to make things easier; doing it like this with the mouse is rather clumsy compared to that
Thank you Mr. obvious ;)

Dr.PHP said:
I'm guessing that this is a closed-source app?

I'd love to try building / testing it in Linux :).
It will be open source if the first full release comes out. It compiles on latest gcc 4.3 on linux right now. The windows version works at full speed with wine as well.

Any chance of a linux 64-bit build?

Looks gorgeous, cant wait to play!

parag0n said:
Any chance of a linux 64-bit build?

Looks gorgeous, cant wait to play!
Sorry, I don't have a 64-bit Linux setup at the moment. Yes, I should probably support more than shitty Windows for the Alpha releases. Did you try Wine, maybe it runs 32Bit Windows Apps with 64Bit Linux?

This game is extremely impressive! Very nice work!
As has been mentioned, a Linux version would be nice, but I did get it to work with Wine. Also, nice to hear the game will be open source once released. A Wii version would be cool. :)

Back