[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys worried? ED preordered a whole bunch too. Also, our preordered money is with Ed, so it is safe there. If this Aluminum case doesn't work out, we will get our money back. This is nothing like Craig's Pandora preoder issue or some goofy kickstarter campaign. So please don't compare this with those. Like others have said, it's a chicken or egg problem, and it just takes two months to make the case. That's all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing there's no news since there's been no news... ut I've been holding off sending my Pandora in for repair because of the Alu cases... :/
One good thing to remember: Never pre-order stuff :)
Well I haven't preordered... I didn't have the spare cash to do so... but it seems a shame to send my Pandora off to Deutschland, without replacing my tired case.

Unfortunately I have to announce another 2 - 4  weeks delay, as our CNC crashed yesterday due to a defectively programmed CAM-Postprocessor. We will see the service technicians on Monday but we still do not know how many parts need to be replaced and how long it will take to get the spare parts installed.

We only know that the complete Z-Axis is in an angle of about 3 mm/m and the machine cannot be used until the damage has been repaired. :wacko:

The only "positive" news is, that the damage will be born by an insurance company. :unsure:

Sounds like the  well known "Curse of the Pandora".  :ph34r:  You can be happy that no volcano errupted and has burried your company under lava.

Remembers me onto my old school where we had a training robot arm to code it's movements. It happens often that the arm decided to ram into the robot base or other parts of it. But that was mainly due faulty coding from us noobs. :D

Unfortunately I have to announce another 2 - 4  weeks delay, as our CNC crashed yesterday due to a defectively programmed CAM-Postprocessor. We will see the service technicians on Monday but we still do not know how many parts need to be replaced and how long it will take to get the spare parts installed.

We only know that the complete Z-Axis is in an angle of about 3 mm/m and the machine cannot be used until the damage has been repaired. :wacko:

The only "positive" news is, that the damage will be born by an insurance company. :unsure:
Its ok,thx for Update and the Truth ^_^

Its realy like the waiting for the Pandora with CaseProblems,Vulcano Erruptions and and and.....

...yes its realy a Part of the Pandora because everything what can happen,will happen :rolleyes:

Important is that we get it in the End ;)

strangely we got no pirate yet? guess they were reserved for the aluminium case... or was it the ninja?

IDV, thanks for the update.  It sucks that there are problems, but the information is appreciated.  Best of luck with the repairs.

That sucks :(

Have you figured out how to deal with the hinges yet though? Is the redesign done?

I'm guessing It should be as you mentioned you would start production at the end of january. I'd love some CAD screenshots and/or pictures of piles of aluminum blocks :)

Very funny :wacko: , but obvoiusly it does. :(
The crazy thing is, the part with the Volcano really happend during the Pandora development which caused some (more) delays. ED made the mistake to say that only a Volcano could stop them at this point... some time later the "Eyjafjallajökull" errupted and caused a real mess in the worldwide Air freight shippings. :ph34r:

I'd love some CAD screenshots and/or pictures of piles of aluminum blocks :)
For your pleasure ;) :

hoz.jpg

Even if the case is covered in scalpel blades and surgical needles, I'm sure Grench will come along and tell you to stop holding it so tightly :p

I like the feeling of sharp metal angles against my skin, I enjoy squeezing dull or serrated blades, they're unable to cut me but the thin impression feels nice.  A cold sturdy feeling.  It might be that I'm totally backwards though, because the popular everything design is currently a perfectly flat straight wide surface with rounded fleshy edge angles, while I most enjoy a jagged incremental wide surface (think the original NDS) and straight fine corner edges.

Recently, a friend has accidently cut his hand on one of these awful apple aluminum keyboards. So I better vote for round edges. ;)  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back