[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just discovered that my silver 1ghz case cracked too! :-O

so here's another pandorian needing a nice and sturdy case

as soon as possible (=2months+X).

Seeing how fast this is moving on you'll probably get your hands on a Pyra case earlier than an aluminium Pandora case :)

Seeing how fast this is moving on you'll probably get your hands on a Pyra case earlier than an aluminium Pandora case :)
I had on mind to buy a 1Ghz Pandora + Aluminum case but I got the same conclusion as you :p .

Not buying case until I hear they are in full production. Not waiting two years after I have paid money up front!

I dont think there are Many Problems,even when IDV not produce the Aluminium Cases,the Money have EvilDragon.

But let us wait a little maybe we get good news soon ;)

Think not so negative for now ;)

Its a real Pandora Project with all Murphys Laws and maybe he get the Production working soon.

@IDV we wait for an Update please,even its good or bad but we want an Update ;)

I'm not impatient, but I've found that over the last 6 months my priorities have changed. 

An alu case would be nice, but if I had the choice over, I would much rather put the money towards a Pyra.

The cases were supposed to be done in "October"... whatever happened to good project management, again.
"Kickstarter-Syndrome" I would call it, even if it's no KS and actualy a different situation here. ^^" People seem to completely underestimate the ammount of work that sits even in "small" projects. Well and here there was also an delay beecausee of broken hardware, sadly. I'm sure the Alu Cases will be done but I guess this may still take some time, like everything that is Pandora related.

I'm not impatient, but I've found that over the last 6 months my priorities have changed. 

An alu case would be nice, but if I had the choice over, I would much rather put the money towards a Pyra.
ED can have my money to go on his honeymoon.  Did he go on one since he's been married? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well and here there was also an delay beecausee of broken hardware, sadly
It was not just the broken hardware actually. There's been an avalanche of excuses since the beginning of this aluminium case work and it was already clear, even if the hardware was not broken, that nothing would be happening by October. Seriously you just can't trust anyone these days. 

Of course you'll still get the upgrade.

And nope, no honeymoon for me.
Thanks for the confirmation.

You should try to plan for a week for you two.  If other things aren't preventing it, and I know they always do, none of us will notice a week or so delay for the Pyra.

O.k. ... meanwhile I also believe in "The 2 months™ Pandora curse"

After the crash damages on the machine had been fixed, the 5-Axis kinematic was kompletely faulty (about 3 - 4 mm), so a week later the technician had to show up again. He gauged the machine with a 15.000 Euro equipment and reprogrammed the axis calculation vector with his software.

On the next part I produced I missed somehow 0,6 mm but could not find a mistake in my program. Finally I started to gauge my machine with the workpiece gauge and found that the 5-axis function still had a bad calculation fault (0,35 / 0,25 mm) when transforming the coordinate system. :blink:

Of course, nobody at the factory believed me - until I spent a whole sunday afternoon to work out an exact gauging protocol with pictures which documented the whole gauging prodcedure and the not-so-funny result step by step.  :wacko:

Finally the technician showed up again with the whole electronic gauging equipment (and new gauges). But after he was finished, the machine again had exactly (+/- 0,002 mm) the same fault - obvoiusly the factory's gauging software was not really bug-free. :huh: And very likely all machines of this type have been delivered to the customers with that fault ... :blink:

Some hours later we found out how to program the Kinematic Vector manually (with my 350 Euro workpiece gauging equipment) which we finally did. When double checking the result, the machine was within +/- 0,01 mm accurate in any 5-axis position (which is fine for that type of CNC-Machining Center).

Since then the machine runs 6 days a week 16 hours a day (06:00 - 22:30 h) to catch up with the orders' deadlines. :p

And, unless "The 2 months™ Pandora curse" strikes again, the Pandora cases will be in production by week 12/2015.

I will post fotos (and perhaps a short video clip) as soon as the first chips are falling.

And very likely all machines of this type have been delivered to the customers with that fault ... :blink:
 Does this mean all stuff that was ever made with that type of machines is actualy inaccurate?  :blink:   Wow, the Pandora curse can spread over even to other Hardware, scary...  :ph34r:   Well, at least you found out about it and you really seems to dig deep into that problem to solve it. Thats actualy very honorable. :)

And, unless "The 2 months™ Pandora curse" strikes again, the Pandora cases will be in production by week 12/2015.
Ah, "week 12/2015", not "month"! Phewwww... ^^""""

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back