[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering whether the two month for the aluminium case will happens before the two month for the pyra...

Existing pre-order customer here!

Is there any update on timescales or can we all relax as all is going smoothly ?

pmprog: Preorder customer for two aluminium cases - ED has my two Pandoras in for repair at the moment!

Okay... Just wanted to check. I'm looking forward to an update too

I think its about time I said something:

I have a computer background, but I come from a "manufacturing town". I'm no machinist, but I have spent a fair amount of time on various lathes and mills. Being around this environment, you get to know people and what type of people are running these tools.

The last thing any machinist wants is people bugging them: "is it done?, is it done?, update now please". From my experience - the number one pet peave of machinists is when people hover over their shoulder and continuously ask questions. This may seam like it would apply to any job, but believe me, machinists HATE it.

The last thing IDV needs is us bugging him for updates. I'm sure he's more than capable to overcome any obsticles or problems he may have with the design. It may take time, yes, but give a machinist time and you will see great things.

Just let him do his job, in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with what you said there.  Though lots of people here, luckily not me, lived through the Pandora preorder hell and iCP2 hell, and so still paranoid :)

I am very curious about the next post for the Pyra now! How are things progressing?

I think its about time I said something:

I have a computer background, but I come from a "manufacturing town". I'm no machinist, but I have spent a fair amount of time on various lathes and mills. Being around this environment, you get to know people and what type of people are running these tools.

The last thing any machinist wants is people bugging them: "is it done?, is it done?, update now please". From my experience - the number one pet peave of machinists is when people hover over their shoulder and continuously ask questions. This may seam like it would apply to any job, but believe me, machinists HATE it.

The last thing IDV needs is us bugging him for updates. I'm sure he's more than capable to overcome any obsticles or problems he may have with the design. It may take time, yes, but give a machinist time and you will see great things.

Just let him do his job, in peace.
This is understandable.  I think a few of us are just curious about some of the design elements (wifi window, hinge, etc.).  There is no problem with being patient, but some info, especially related to the wifi window, will help with decision making, and if we should leave a note indicating we prefer one without the window.

This is understandable.  I think a few of us are just curious about some of the design elements (wifi window, hinge, etc.).  There is no problem with being patient, but some info, especially related to the wifi window, will help with decision making, and if we should leave a note indicating we prefer one without the window.
There is no alternative to being patient. But the situation is like that of the pandora or ICP2. People ordered in advance and have justifiable expectations to receive regular progress reports.

Then don't start by saying "will be done in October" in the first place :)  

I'd have thought monthly updates wouldn't be too much to ask, but I'll defer to better experienced people if even that is too much of an ask.
Sadly, it's the same old situation:

If anyone ask for updates, they're rushing the maker.

If there are no updates, the masses think there must be something wrong behind the scenes.

It's a win loose proposition depending on your side of the issue. It was originally announced that these cases where scheduled for late October-November, so I figured will get updates at some point saying this time frame will be met, delayed, or cancelled all together. 

Chris

He said End October or November, not within October :)
Do you have any update yourself ED ? Anything you know ?
No, why should I?

All the data for the machine is being hacked together. That's nothing spectacular, and not much to see either.

It's just coordinations and stuff.

Once the machine program is created, it will create the cases out of the aluminium automatically.

Unless the program is finished, there is nothing to see or to show, so what updates could there be...?

It's not a project where you can show progress. It's not carved manually out of aluminium, it's just measuring the device and hack that into the machine ;)

He said End October or November, not within October :)
Do you have any update yourself ED ? Anything you know ?
No, why should I?

All the data for the machine is being hacked together. That's nothing spectacular, and not much to see either.

It's just coordinations and stuff.

Once the machine program is created, it will create the cases out of the aluminium automatically.

Unless the program is finished, there is nothing to see or to show, so what updates could there be...?

It's not a project where you can show progress. It's not carved manually out of aluminium, it's just measuring the device and hack that into the machine ;)
Well, what you've just said is an awesome update.  I'm satisfied with this :D

Well, there was going to be some redesigning of the hinge, the snap locks and a wifi window... there could be news about that. On the other hand... no news is good news?

But anyway, I ordered a GHz upgrade this afternoon, I'm sure it's gonna be very happy in the aluminium case!

Hero in a hardshell! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back