[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told Ed I want mine wifi-window-less.
Most likely I'll do that too, but I'm still pondering the question whether I want to upgrade to 1Ghz at the same time (if they aren't available anymore before I decide that will make the decision easier and my bank account will be happier)...And if the question of that window was cleared before I ordered then I could maybe even get one.

I would like to see how it's going with the hinge and wifi window...
This, especially the wifi window.  I still don't know if I want with or without.  I have a sticker I want to put on it, and if the window looks good and won't get in the way, I will get the window.

Will there be a logo on these?  I don't particularly want one, just wondering if I missed that bit of info.

Will there be a logo on these?  I don't particularly want one, just wondering if I missed that bit of info.
There has been absolutely no (official) mention about anything regarding the WiFi window yet, except something about it not being finished yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember all the discussion about the wifi window.  I was asking if anything was mentioned about the Pandora logo being on the lid, or just the window.

That's a good question.  I like the Pandora logo, but I'd also like for it not to be there, because I like mysterious things more.

That's a good question.  I like the Pandora logo, but I'd also like for it not to be there, because I like mysterious things more.
I'd rather not have people inquire to where they can get an aluminum case for their ds...  <_<

I'd rather not have people inquire to where they can get an aluminum case for their ds...  <_<
Why not? Just imagine their face when you turn the device around to them without a word, showing the keyboard. If they don't get it still say nothing and just stare at them until they give up. :)

Shenmue does not know when the aluminum cases will be done, but pretends to know -- lol.

It would be nice if ED could give us more regular progress reports.

I do understand overall impatience, however ED already stated that cases may be ready at the end of September, which in fact means there are two more weeks to wait. I'm pretty sure ED has many other important things to do, than to answer the same questions about aluminium cases again and again...

IDV, if you see this, many of us are eager for an updated timeline, and additional details of the wifi window (dimensions and location, maybe) if either of those are available.

IDV, if you see this, many of us are eager for an updated timeline, and additional details of the wifi window (dimensions and location, maybe) if either of those are available.
Here's the image that shows the details:

O9k5rO7.jpg

I've not placed my order yet, though I'm very close to hitting the buy button.  Progress reports are only likely to make me hit that button - not that ED is going to make any money on these, but he will on the other bits I'll buy at the same time.

I am just holding off so I can make an appropriate note in my order about no wifi window if I don't like it.

I've not placed my order yet, though I'm very close to hitting the buy button.  Progress reports are only likely to make me hit that button - not that ED is going to make any money on these, but he will on the other bits I'll buy at the same time.
I'm in the exact same state... I don't like the choice of colors... but assuming the wifi window convince me I'll for sure hit the button.

I see the lack of report on the subject quite worrying... guess all theses years waiting for Craig were bound to left their marks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back