[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to let you know that I gave the green light for the aluminium case production.

I've got about 60 orders now and i wanted to order 20 myself to use them for brand new Pandoras.

Well, and I'm sure that the remaining 20 will easily be sold once the cases are available.

So work has already started on them :)

Can't wait for some reviews, and hope to get one if they're positive.

Thank you for your faith!

Do you have info on how new orders or upgrading pre-orders should request their Pandora be in one of these cases?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha!  My dream has come true!  I can't believe this aluminum phenomenon really happens! I am estatic! 

Two of my plastic cases are starting to crack.  This is perfect timing.   :D

Is there a chance of IDV leaving out the wifi window from the cases of buyers who request this?  I can think of why that might be impossible, but I do not know that that is impossible, for all I know per-customer laser engravings are possible.

I would love for that to be possible too.

How much? Let me know I'll purchase one... maybe my pandora falling to its death was a blessing in disguse?

*edit* I saw the preorder... even for that price its well worth it.. I've used my pandora quite a bit and the plastic 1ghz case has been quite.. pathethic and cracked even after careful care! and it being used DAILY as a typewriter and thrown into my pocket and such.. yeah... the paint is worn.. I'd just wish I could get a metal keymat to go along with it.

ED, why not send an email to all pandora owners announcing availability of an aluminium case? Is that too spammy for you? :)

hum, it's in production and we still even do not have a handdrawn mockup of the wifi window?!?

Thats great news!

I do second klapse's idea. I guess lots of pandorians dont follow the boards and thus dont even know they could get an aluminium case.

On the other hand this might just work as a test run in ED's eyes to figure out if the cases turn out as expected. Im sure once he got some cases in his hands and tested them himself he will take further steps...

I do respect that, of course.

I just dont see why you would be misusing it. They are customers of your product. Since craig disappeared even more so. The email you'd write would be based on that very product they already are interested in. I'd rather say it's kinda unfair to treat them differently. They already went through all of craig's mess.

Anyways, cant see any possible abuse from your side. But I guess thats been discussed before.

Most of the Pandora users were in Craigs mailing list, and I can't misuse that, it's against the law.
Ah I didn't think about that! Using another store's email list would indeed go against German data privacy laws and laws against Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) because it is not the shop they ordered from.

However (EDIT I think) it would be legal for ED to mail to his own customers (stores I purchase from in Germany do it all the time).

If the first 100 cases are sold, have we to wait for another 100 orders to get more or will it be possible to produce lower amounts as the mold is already available then?

I am interested, but I can't afford one atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back