[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had missing packages with USPS and UPS in the past, but I've also had UPS mangle the hell out of the item in the package before..

Like this:

SNC00037_edit0.jpg
Novelty special form factor RAM? :-D I actually laughed out loud when I saw this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had missing packages with USPS and UPS in the past, but I've also had UPS mangle the hell out of the item in the package before..

Like this:

SNC00037_edit0.jpg
Wow, post in USA doesn't know the words "handle with care" right? i've seen alot of such messed up packets, especialy from USA. Remember the delivery guy who just thrown an Flat Screen TV over the fence? ^^"

^ Luckily Newegg's Return policy was great, they paid for shipping the L shaped RAM back as they wanted to investigate the issue and had a replacement within two days. Why I still buy computer hardware there over Amazon.

But anyway, back on topic.. aluminum cases..

Wow, post in USA doesn't know the words "handle with care" right? i've seen alot of such messed up packets, especialy from USA. Remember the delivery guy who just thrown an Flat Screen TV over the fence? ^^"
Actually, "Handle With Care" or "Fragile" is like painting a BIG bulls-eye on your package, and pretty much assures delivery personal will try their best to destroy it :p I no longer use stickers, as I just do my best on packaging, and let the chips fall where they may.

Chris

I seem to recall a postal worker of some kind doing an AMA on reddit once, the biggest piece of advice he gave was never write "fragile" or "glass" or whatever on the package because they honestly don't care.

If you want it to arrive safe, make it look like a present. Wrap it with pretty paper and tie it with a ribbon, signed "From Grandma Jean" or something. No one messes with presents from grandma.

Oh wow good thing I bought a second pandora.. I need to RMA my first one, and i was waiting to knock out two birds with one stone with it.. Guess thats gonna have to wait a bit  :blink:  Man, you never realize how much you use something until it no longer functions  :eek:

Well, the machine data is currently being programmed, so there's not much to see. There won't be screenshots before the case is finished, as once the machine is programmed, it cuts it fully :)

We had a bit of a delay as the first dummy case set I sent to IDV went missing on transport. I guess it'll be end of
I am still quite curious on the wifi window.  Can we get info on that?

I seem to recall a postal worker of some kind doing an AMA on reddit once, the biggest piece of advice he gave was never write "fragile" or "glass" or whatever on the package because they honestly don't care.

If you want it to arrive safe, make it look like a present. Wrap it with pretty paper and tie it with a ribbon, signed "From Grandma Jean" or something. No one messes with presents from grandma.
I want my Pyra shipped in present wrapping and signed "From Grandma Dragon"

Well, the machine data is currently being programmed, so there's not much to see. There won't be screenshots before the case is finished, as once the machine is programmed, it cuts it fully :)

We had a bit of a delay as the first dummy case set I sent to IDV went missing on transport. I guess it'll be end of
I am still quite curious on the wifi window.  Can we get info on that?
thats the elephant in the room isn't it?

I've more been holding my breath for another mention of little impressions and teeth on the inner lid to prevent this from happening.

5jsev7.jpg

As strong as the material is, I'm afraid the hinge might not be able to hold up to someone sitting down while the Pandora is kept in a tight pants pocket.  But if there were just a couple tiny impressions below the keyboard and a couple matching bumps above the screen then the force required to warp the case like this wouldn't only be relying on the hinge.

As strong as the material is, I'm afraid the hinge might not be able to hold up to someone sitting down while the Pandora is kept in a tight pants pocket.  But if there were just a couple tiny impressions below the keyboard and a couple matching bumps above the screen then the force required to warp the case like this wouldn't only be relying on the hinge.
The material is stronger than the Pandoras plastic and I am not aware of any plastic screens which have been bent sideways from pocket pressure.

The material is stronger than the Pandoras plastic and I am not aware of any plastic screens which have been bent sideways from pocket pressure.
You've seen clamshell screen devices like this with loose screens right?  Lots of things may have contributed to that, including the screen half sliding sideways while it's closed, whether due to pocket pressure, being dropped, or being run over by a car like IDV suspects this case will be able to handle.  This fear might be kind of paranoid, but compared to the supposed top down strength of this new case, I'm positive that the "twist" strength is going to be kind of pathetic.

You've seen clamshell screen devices like this with loose screens right?  Lots of things may have contributed to that, including the screen half sliding sideways while it's closed, whether due to pocket pressure, being dropped, or being run over by a car like IDV suspects this case will be able to handle.  This fear might be kind of paranoid, but compared to the supposed top down strength of this new case, I'm positive that the "twist" strength is going to be kind of pathetic.
I'm pretty sure pocket pressue relates to the cracks you see in the pandora's cases top bezel poping out. But mine was already warped. Honestly it was the only part of the system I didn't like.. I wore down the keymat on it nicely though  :blink:   When I type I type hard  :lol:  Honestly i've been impressed with pandora so far the weakest link (quite literally  :D ) has been the case.. I hope these aluminum cases will be much better for pocket use.. Granted if its all milled its gonna be strong. Most of the interior parts of hypercars are done that way.. Hell the shifter of the Pagani Huayra is done in the same manner to keep it strong 
18ebvqekjnrbbjpg.jpg

I think the cases will be fine ^_^

Want an aluminum case. but have spent so much time waiting for the Pandora as it is... haven't started using it beyond trying to calibrate a battery issue and have had it since spring.  Winter time's coming and that means hermit mode (hey, it's already snowing here!).  A few accessories were bought for it, and my person doesn't feel like shipping it out and back again.  Last time UPS charged a lovely $100 "brokerage" fee even though was told over the phone that there'd be none (this is why you get representative numbers written down when you're in a call, I was SOL since I didn't remember it, they charged my workplace since it was delivered there).  Anyway, a little offtopic rant, but why I won't be buying a metal case... Cheers to those of you who do acquire one!

Won't deal with that again unless it's for a Pyra B)

Is Link going to have any of these? I would like to get mine installed and would rather save a little money and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back