[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a skull there! :ph34r:
Do you mean in place of the logo?  I want a clawed pawprint!

Why can't the hole for the aerial be on the front bezel side?  :blink:  I mean how many people need wifi when the device is closed :huh: (my guess is after saying this everybody will chime up that they use their pandora's as server rigs and torrent rigs now.)
I close mine to conserve the battery.  I can't think of any time where I have wanted wifi on with it closed.
I imagine it would be annoying to someone who wanted to say a few words in an IM client and then return the Pandora to their pocket until they receive another message.  But I would also rather the plastic window be on the inside of the lid, if that makes any sense fuctionally. (I don't know)

I think those who want the window on the inside might want to consider not getting a window.  I think someone suggested using the screen as a wifi window.

I'd prefer a window on the lid and a plastic bezel.  As much as I  like the idea of an aluminium case I won't be purchasing one of these cases unless the internal wifi and bluetooth performance is confirmed to be as good or almost as good as in a plastic case, and it would have to be decent whether I was facing towards or away from the router.

- Neelix

I'd prefer a window on the lid and a plastic bezel.  As much as I  like the idea of an aluminium case I won't be purchasing one of these cases unless the internal wifi and bluetooth performance is confirmed to be as good or almost as good as in a plastic case, and it would have to be decent whether I was facing towards or away from the router.

- Neelix
I also need working internal wifi (pandora USB is usually hooked up to a drive), but I took the risk and ordered one. Figured it was for a good cause. The chance to get an indestructible case should increase the value of my pandoroa significantly to me.

- Neelix
I also need working internal wifi (pandora USB is usually hooked up to a drive), but I took the risk and ordered one. Figured it was for a good cause. The chance to get an indestructible case should increase the value of my pandoroa significantly to me.
If you hook to a drive, that means you are using your Pandora as a desktop.  In that case a usb hub is what you need to have more usb ports.  

I will probably get a black one, since I'll have to send my Pandora in for repair :( .

I dropped it while coding in the early morning on holliday (should probably have taken a coffee first :blink: ) and now the left shoulder button doesn't work any more and you really need it as a shift key while coding...

Will the silver shoulder buttons on my Pandora be changed with black ones, if I order a black case?

Will the silver shoulder buttons on my Pandora be changed with black ones, if I order a black case?
They most likely will be if you do not give any other instructions in your order.  I think I remember your previous case also being thrown away if you don't ask for it to be sent back to you with the rest.  You should add a note specifying what you want when you buy the case.

I think I remember your previous case also being thrown away if you don't ask for it to be sent back to you with the rest.
ED and Askarus said that in general they return them, unless they're in a bad shape. But yeah, I intend to add a note with mine this time as I didn't get my black one back - which wasn't in bad condition.

Got sign me up for one of these.  Maybe I'll order a 2nd for the last brand new Open Pandora that will be sold by Ithic.com I've been sitting on for a few months now. 

Any update on the cases?  :unsure:

Well, the machine data is currently being programmed, so there's not much to see. There won't be screenshots before the case is finished, as once the machine is programmed, it cuts it fully :)

We had a bit of a delay as the first dummy case set I sent to IDV went missing on transport. I guess it'll be end of September until the cases are there.

We had a bit of a delay as the first dummy case set I sent to IDV went missing on transport. I guess it'll be end of September until the cases are there.
In Germany? Wow, did it ever showed up again? I hoped such stories are gone forever for Pandora/Pyra because the production is kept in EU andn ot overseas where alot can happen during transport.  Especialy rare prototype stuff should be save to deliver. :/

In Germany? Wow, did it ever showed up again? I hoped such stories are gone forever for Pandora/Pyra because the production is kept in EU andn ot overseas where alot can happen during transport.  Especialy rare prototype stuff should be save to deliver. :/
Stuff like this just happens, everywhere. Recently I had ordered something from China, and where was the parcel lost? Not in China, it was lost here where I live, in Switzerland, by the Swiss post. You just need to insure it high enough when it's something important.

I've had missing packages with USPS and UPS in the past, but I've also had UPS mangle the hell out of the item in the package before..

Like this:

SNC00037_edit0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back