Caanoo At E3

quote said:
craigix said:
Sure it will ;p and by then there will already be a Pandora2 to blow it away.
They can roll out consoles quicker than you and you know it. The Pandora came out by the time the Wiz was finished ffs. I remember when there were 'Which will come out first?' discussions.
The Pandora is already behind, if you really think you can back up that statement then you have some catching up to do ;) .

Yeah, sure we do, look at the state of this Caanoo joke. They still have NO IDEA about gaming or what people want. Their assembly company don't have the facilities to handle modern (omap3) style chipsets. It's a company called Radix. Look it up. So you won't be seeing anything better than the Pandora from them any time soon.

You think they will put a dpad on this? Guess again.

You think they will support this for more than a few months? Guess again.

The Caanoo will be dead by 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
quote said:
craigix said:
They can roll out consoles quicker than you and you know it. The Pandora came out by the time the Wiz was finished ffs. I remember when there were 'Which will come out first?' discussions.
The Pandora is already behind, if you really think you can back up that statement then you have some catching up to do ;) .

How is the pandora behind?

The best way to defeat the competitors is timely releasing a good well-crafted product, keeping the promises made to costumers. Acting like a troll is a bad idea, you will only gain enemies.

GizmoTheGreen said:
How is the pandora behind?
I was speaking in terms of GPH vs OpenPandora consoles, seeing as that's the topic rsuryase raised. The Pandora should have come out before the Wiz, it is only just 'out' (if you can call it that) now - when the Wiz has been discontinued.
But it is stupid to compare the two companies, they are so very different.

Edit: And Craig, I'm not expecting/wanting a d-pad. Nor am I expecting this to last any longer than the Wiz (it is an 'upgrade', after all). You are telling me things I already know :).

craigix said:
Their assembly company don't have the facilities to handle modern (omap3) style chipsets. It's a company called Radix. Look it up.
This company? https://www.radix-electron.com

I couldn't find anything useful since their website is down.

quote said:
craigix said:

The Pandora is far better than any pocket device. You can do anything with it as it's fully-featured and open.
But there's no apple on it so you can't be hype, so in this case it's behind the iphone ^^.

quote said:

If OP are really reusing the case for Pandora 2 then there probably won't be nearly as much delay getting it to market.

craigix said:
Their assembly company don't have the facilities to handle modern (omap3) style chipsets. It's a company called Radix. Look it up. So you won't be seeing anything better than the Pandora from them any time soon.

Explain how they don't have the facilities please. They can at the very least handle BGAs since that's what Pollux is. It's possible they can't handle a complex PoP arrangement like OMAP3's, but you've said yourself that Odroid has a simple layout... and S5PC110 in the Odroid-S is substantially more powerful than OMAP3 and definitely qualifies as a modern chipset. So if that company can do something like Odroid then they can do a handheld more powerful than Pandora.

craigix said:
quote said:
craigix said:

Yeah, sure we do, look at the state of this Caanoo joke. They still have NO IDEA about gaming or what people want. Their assembly company don't have the facilities to handle modern (omap3) style chipsets. It's a company called Radix. Look it up. So you won't be seeing anything better than the Pandora from them any time soon.

You think they will put a dpad on this? Guess again.

You think they will support this for more than a few months? Guess again.

The Caanoo will be dead by 2011.

This made me giggle

you laugh at other companies

Yet its taken nearly 2years plus to get design, build and distribution right, and you will stake a few months to fulfill the first batch order

you should be complimentary about competing products - as you both have a place in the market place

For the past 2 yrs + i have seen several slating comments on build quality, poor chinese products - but thats the pot calling kettle bad

Its better accept they exist and show how you products are superior in features/support - you guys just went on a freebie to GPH (didnt you)

The Pandora is already behind, if you really think you can back up that statement then you have some catching up to do ;)

This made me giggle

you laugh at other companies

Yet its taken nearly 2years plus to get design, build and distribution right, and you will stake a few months to fulfill the first batch order

you should be complimentary about competing products - as you both have a place in the market place

For the past 2 yrs + i have seen several slating comments on build quality, poor chinese products - but thats the pot calling kettle bad

Its better accept they exist and show how you products are superior in features/support - you guys just went on a freebie to GPH (didnt you)

I am one of the people that bought a Pandora, that signed up and paid for on day one, and waited. I had to listen to vapourware twats on the forum and within my own family but i always had faith in the Pandora team to get the job done right.

So here is what i don't understand, whenever someone on here is loosing an arguement say for the wiz or the caanoo, they will say "oh the Pandora took nearly two years to be shipped", but you know what i have my Pandora now and i would not look at another open source product, this does what i need it to do, and more. I have owned both the gp32 and the gp2x and i have a dingoo(which i am going to give to my nephew) before and i thought they were ok products. I only thought they were ok products because i didn't know any better, as far as i am concerned i bought a Pandora to play retro gaming systems and to play them well with a proper keyboard so i can play text adventures and twin nub joysticks for robotron.. :D . It doesn't matter that some mobile phones are as powerful as a Pandora because i would never dream of playing games on a mobile phone that doesn't have a joystick/nub or a d-pad.

So i do not think i am alone here in saying that Pandora was worth the wait (which i doubt the cannoo will be), i have taken the Pandora in to work and before i have even switched it on people are already amazed at how good it look. I am going up to Sheffield next week and i am looking forward to sitting on a train with my Pandora and have people look at it and hopefully ask about it :) .

tony11@hotmail.com said:
So here is what i don't understand, whenever someone on here is loosing an arguement say for the wiz or the caanoo, they will say "oh the Pandora took nearly two years to be shipped"
Are you honestly so stupid that you can't see it isn't the Pandora that is being criticised here? Craig persistently sets himself up for flames by being such a hypocrite: complaining about other people making errors when he has made many of the same ones and a lot even worse. Throw spreading of disinformation into the mix, and you can see that he actually gets off quite lightly.

Orkie said:
tony11@hotmail.com said:
So here is what i don't understand, whenever someone on here is loosing an arguement say for the wiz or the caanoo, they will say "oh the Pandora took nearly two years to be shipped"
Are you honestly so stupid that you can't see it isn't the Pandora that is being criticised here? Craig persistently sets himself up for flames by being such a hypocrite: complaining about other people making errors when he has made many of the same ones and a lot even worse.

There is a very distinct difference though - we learn from our mistakes and constantly work to make things how people want them.

GPH don't. They just blunder on and on.

Nice to see this thread has become a "Let's all jump on Craig's cock" party.

This is why I get fed up of the community. If Craig comes into the thread and says GPH are shit, everyone comes to his "aid". If I were to go into the Pandora section and post on any of the Pandora's shortcomings (and there are some, don't deny it), I'd get jumped on by rabid fanboys, most of whom are old enough to know better.

How about next time when I buy a console off of you Craig, you deliver your promises in a timely fashion without flaming community members left right and centre. When that happens, you can have my money.

Some of you people have to understand that GPH have a sh*t load more money (and have been in the business for quite sometime now) than OpenPandora and therefore can afford to release sh*t in a more timely fashion...
Yet, GPH can't even make/design a near-perfect gaming hand-held console.

SONY said:
Some of you people have to understand that GPH have a sh*t load more money (and have been in the business for quite sometime now) than OpenPandora and therefore can afford to release sh*t in a more timely fashion...
Yet, GPH can't even make/design a near-perfect gaming hand-held console.

Your idea of a perfect gaming console isn't the same as other peoples. I remember at one point you were raving about how awesome the Wiz was.

I don't think GPH are as big as you think they are. At all. Chances are they are a lot smaller than probably the company you work for, it's not like they are Korea's Nintendo.

Are you honestly so stupid that you can't see it isn't the Pandora that is being criticised here? Craig persistently sets himself up for flames by being such a hypocrite: complaining about other people making errors when he has made many of the same ones and a lot even worse. Throw spreading of disinformation into the mix, and you can see that he actually gets off quite lightly.

No it wasn't the Pandora that was being criticised, it was the length of time it was being taken to be produced and i think i address that adequatley.

Your idea of a perfect gaming console isn't the same as other peoples. I remember at one point you were raving about how awesome the Wiz was.

The amount of people that have been getting dead pixels on the wiz is almost criminal, even the retrogaming roundup people have put out a warning on there podcast about buy the wiz from gp2xstore.com because they ignore there customers when they want to send there wiz back. I did think about getting a wiz to tide me over untill the Pandora came out, i am glad i didn't.

This is why I get fed up of the community. If Craig comes into the thread and says GPH are shit, everyone comes to his "aid". If I were to go into the Pandora section and post on any of the Pandora's shortcomings (and there are some, don't deny it), I'd get jumped on by rabid fanboys, most of whom are old enough to know better.

So long as what you said about the Pandora was truthful then(from my experience) there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe there are fanboys, maybe not. Either way i cannot help but admire what the Open Pandora Team have done. At any time they could have buggered off with the money in there bank accounts, but they didn't. Also the work they have put into the Pandora is great and it really shows. The Pandora really raised the bar on these open source handhelds. Why haven't gamepark done anything about this? they have known about the Pandora for sometime, and the best they come out with is caanoo(dammit i keep typing canoe), i admire you caanoo guys dedication, i really do.

I'm really sad about the Caanoo... For me, it's unusable - analog stick, no wifi(with Wiz, wifi wasn't my problem, but when GPH says "buy it! you can play online" the actually say "Buy it for 155USD and then buy a 77USD Wi-Fi stick to play online" (i just made up the prices, but i thing this will be the cost of it...) they are really pissing me off.)

tony11@hotmail.com said:
So long as what you said about the Pandora was truthful then(from my experience) there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe there are fanboys, maybe not. Either way i cannot help but admire what the Open Pandora Team have done. At any time they could have buggered off with the money in there bank accounts, but they didn't. Also the work they have put into the Pandora is great and it really shows. The Pandora really raised the bar on these open source handhelds. Why haven't gamepark done anything about this? they have known about the Pandora for sometime, and the best they come out with is caanoo(dammit i keep typing canoe), i admire you caanoo guys dedication, i really do.

Are you saying you admire the OP team for not running off with everyone's money? Are you some kind of idiot?

tony11@hotmail.com said:
The amount of people that have been getting dead pixels on the wiz is almost criminal, even the retrogaming roundup people have put out a warning on there podcast about buy the wiz from gp2xstore.com because they ignore there customers when they want to send there wiz back. I did think about getting a wiz to tide me over untill the Pandora came out, i am glad i didn't.

You can send your unit back to GPH in Korea for repair like I did. I should receive it back in a week. BTW is the owner of gp2xstore.com a member of this forum? You know who he is? Is he :ph34r: ?

rsuryase said:
tony11@hotmail.com said:

You can send your unit back to GPH in Korea for repair like I did. I should receive it back in a week. BTW is the owner of gp2xstore.com a member of this forum? You know who he is? Is he :ph34r: ?

I will put the link up to the person that had problems with there wiz perhaps that person that owns the gp2xstore.com can contact him. here is his post on the forum:

http://www.gamegavel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1928&page=4

As for Nova
Are you saying you admire the OP team for not running off with everyone's money? Are you some kind of idiot?
Either way i cannot help but admire what the Open Pandora Team have done.(HEY LOOK NOVA I PUT A FULL STOP IN) At any time they could have buggered off with the money in there bank accounts, but they didn't

i put a full stop in there to indicating the end of a sentence. i did not list why i admire the OPT, sorry i do not feel i have to drop down to your level and start name calling. :)

Back