Hurry Up - Psp2 On The Way

chame

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/PSP2-PSPGo-PlayStation-Portable-3DS-cell,news-6823.html

,C-3-247971-3.jpg

Next PSP 'F**king Powerful,' Packs 4-Core Cell CPU
12:00 AM - May 19, 2010 - By Jane McEntegart - Source : Tom's Guide US

The next PSP won't be arriving until 2011 but here are a few tidbits of information about the device to whet your appetite.

Zoom
Last week there was talk of Sony introducing another PSP at E3 this year. The evidence, based on nothing more than whisperings from game publishers with increased Q4 marketing budgets, wasn't exactly strong, many saw the PSP2 as a way for Sony to redeem itself and make up for the PSPGo. Today, we have more evidence that the PSP2 exists and according to these reports, the device is a powerful machine.

VG247 has more information on the PSP2 and cites a source familiar with the matter that said there's just a one percent chance we'll see this thing revealed at E3. "Multiple British sources" say PSP2 NDAs have been in place at UK publishers for months and state that though they were aiming for a 2010 release before, it's looking like a 2011 release is more likely. As a result, sources are citing a Gamescom or Tokyo Games Show launch in 2011.

The device is said to have a touchscreen but retains the traditional PlayStation buttons. VG247 was told the device is "f*cking powerful," and based on a four-core Cell CPU. Another said he/she would be "amazed" if there was any physical media involved and VG247 reports hearing sketchy rumors that this device could be 3G and WiFi enabled as opposed to the WiFi-only PSPGo.

Though there have apparently been "finished units" in the UK, no one they had spoken to had seen a final version.

I'm half in the "meh" crowd on this one, because even if it is more powerful than Pandora, I'd still get both. Also, depending on how fast (and how hard) the homebrew scene works on it, we may not see decent homebrew support for a while.

Having said that, the other half of me is in the "woohoo!" crowd because the prospect of such a powerful handheld is awesome. ;)

Ha! who are these 'sony' people? I think its a scam, they sound very like the e-bay scam artists.
Its vapourware!

Exactly, CPUs are well overated

no doubt Sony will employ ps3 levels of security too, leaving it almost useless for homebrew.

@SONY

That design would make SO much more sense if the controls slid OVER the screen rather than under, thus forming a protective cover.

But it wouldn't look 'cool' enough for Sony.

I am exactly as interested in a psp2 as I was in the psp1, and that is about as much as I was interested eating the contents of my son's nappy this morning.

kingoddball said:
PS3 got cracked now... PSP will always get cracked...

if it took so long to get cracked its just cause they only removed otherOS recently...

Last edited by a moderator:
SONY said:
Elwing said:
if it took so long to get cracked its just cause they only removed otherOS recently...
What do you mean by that?

It was code for 'get your nips out, sony'

Pleng said:
That design would make SO much more sense if the controls slid OVER the screen rather than under, thus forming a protective cover.
But it would make it unusable without opening it. As the bogus design is now, it's a perfect touchscreen device for things like mouse interaction only. Point and click games, anyone?
B!

SONY said:
Elwing said:

pirating-homebrewing comunity are rather tied even if lots of homebrewer don't like pirates, lots of hack to pirate games comes right from attemps to gain access to the console to be able to run homebrew... if the PS3 was left uncracked for so long it was mainly because of otherOS feature that allowed the use of homebrew/linux... now that sony removed otherOS there was a huge presure to crack the PS3

Oh no watch out, here come the guys from Freescale as well :blink:

http://www.slashgear.com/freescale-smartbook-concepts-take-on-mobile-gaming-ipad-more-1986063/

SONY said:
Elwing said:
Sony recently sent out a firmware update removing the "OtherOS" feature, their response to the PS3 hypervisor being hacked. So the people running Yellow Dog Linux on their PS3s - an advertised feature - got screwed. And the alleged hack that set the ball rolling is not available to the public, so people wanting to run homebrew still can't. End result, the PS3 is now less of a machine than it was 6 months ago. And people wonder why we buy Pandoras and say, fuck you PSP.

Back