Caanoo At E3

gdsense

http://news.gamechosun.co.kr/article/view.php?no=67700

Above is the Korean News Website.

Nothing valuable information shown there, but have some pictures of actual device...

In my personal opinion, it looks nice...

DSC04057_190.JPG

DSC04062_195.JPG

It really looks cool ! But if it's just an other shape for the actual wiz, I won't buy it. I already own one and I don't really use it.

Kenren said:
It really looks cool ! But if it's just an other shape for the actual wiz, I won't buy it. I already own one and I don't really use it.

Unfortunatley, there's quiet high chance that Caanoo will be a just minor refreshment over Wiz in terms of gaming capability... :ph34r:

Same CPU(GPU), OLED->LCD, D-Pad->Analog Pad(Not so sure)...

That's why I'm also considering other devices beside this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Google Translate says:
Also, SD card slot, and UI improvements, made use features online access, music, video, and the existing 'GP2X-Wiz' multimedia features that had been strengthened.
...yeah. We'll see.

mindlord said:
Those "action buttons" look aweful D-Pad-like to me...
Time for your eye test? ;) Or are we now at the point of recycling very old complaints which now have no bearing on reality? I could've sworn a diamond arrangement for action buttons has never been considered a "D-Pad" before. Unless the SNES, PSX, GP2X etc. all have "D-Pad" action buttons and I've never noticed.

gdsense said:
Kenren said:

Unfortunatley, there's quiet high chance that Caanoo will be a just minor refreshment over Wiz in terms of gaming capability... :ph34r:

Same CPU(GPU), OLED->LCD, D-Pad->Analog Pad(Not so sure)...

That's why I'm also considering other devices beside this...

That's what I thought...

If I want a new device, I think I'll buy something like the dingoo a320 : looks cool, small, and has a good community ! ... or maybe the Pandora, but it's another price range ^^'

Orkie said:
mindlord said:
Those "action buttons" look aweful D-Pad-like to me...
Time for your eye test? ;) Or are we now at the point of recycling very old complaints which now have no bearing on reality? I could've sworn a diamond arrangement for action buttons has never been considered a "D-Pad" before. Unless the SNES, PSX, GP2X etc. all have "D-Pad" action buttons and I've never noticed.

I wasn't trying to troll.If you look closely, the buttons appear to be attached to the circular disc between them. It just makes me wonder if GPH didn't fired the guy who cocked that up on the Wiz. :p

Seriously though, I GPH continues to improve on their designs. They seem to be slowly learning from past mistakes. Overall the Caanoo looks like a slick machine. Somewhat of a nice hybrid of the GP2X F200 and the Wiz. Too bad about the OLED -> LCD decision though. I thought that was the Wiz's strongest attribute.

mindlord said:
I wasn't trying to troll.If you look closely, the buttons appear to be attached to the circular disc between them.
I'm not seeing it.

mindlord said:
I wasn't trying to troll.If you look closely, the buttons appear to be attached to the circular disc between them. It just makes me wonder if GPH didn't fired the guy who cocked that up on the Wiz. :p

Mate, please go here.

quote said:
mindlord said:
I wasn't trying to troll.If you look closely, the buttons appear to be attached to the circular disc between them.
I'm not seeing it.
Never mind, it was a light-hearted stab that per usual for this board it being taken way too seriously. :D

The truth is they could've sold me on a Caanoo easier by showing the wifi adapter for both Wiz and Caanoo... If that ever comes out, I have a reason for a second piece of the same Wiz hardware...

Exciting. Looks like a serious piece of kit.

EDIT: Hey, look a mic. I may have just found my new internet phone.

EDIT2:

Oh no, they showed black/white man...

DSC04070_203.JPG

http://www.gpain.com/bbs4/zboard.php?id=talking&no=9719

I've found some new information written by former employee.. and here's quick translation. :)

1) Wifi is not internally equipped. But, there's standard USB port at the lower side, where you can attatch the wifi dongle. And other devices can be connected if proper drivers are supplied.

2) Strap hole is located at lower left corner, and stylus pen is located at opposite corner.

Other minor changes...

1) There's cover for all terminals and sockets (which are on lower left side) except 3.5 pie audio socket.
Even SD socket has a cover.

2) Volume button is now changed to some kind of slider, similar to Nintendo DS style.
This might be a bad news, which means we cannot allocate volume buttons for other things anymore.

3) Below analog stick, there exist 'I' and 'II' button.
I button is newly added one, and II button works just like select button.

4) Speaker is located on rear side, which is little wierd.

5) Battery is not replacable, there's no cover.

Tried this thing today.

Pretty nice, the analog stick works surprisingly well. It's an actual analog stick, not a sliding nub like what the PSP has. Buttons are also spread out a bit better than the Wiz. MSRP's going to be $150.

Back