Caanoo At E3

coldfis said:
Having said all that, I still have a fondness for that ole' slab of plastic and spent 100's of hours on the thing.

And thousands of batteries? ;D

Or maybe you were tethered to an AC adapter much of the time. I know I was on my GameGear. I think I barely even played the Lynx, to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, raindog.

But lol, what is immediately apparent is the atrocious viewing angle compared to Wiz, due to Cannoo being LCD now.

Beautiful looking piece of gaming hand-held though.

Exophase said:
coldfis said:
Having said all that, I still have a fondness for that ole' slab of plastic and spent 100's of hours on the thing.

And thousands of batteries? ;D

Or maybe you were tethered to an AC adapter much of the time. I know I was on my GameGear. I think I barely even played the Lynx, to be honest.

I made my fair share of AA landfill.

I couldnt afford an AC adapter right away on my meagre student income, so it was a bitter-sweet thing, wanting to play all the time but always having to scrounge for new batteries.

On the up side, it made me much more tolerant of the GP2X's lust for power.

GunPei2X said:
Looking at that video, are the action buttons concave or is it just an illusion?

They are infact concave. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but I reckon it at least gives the thumb somewhere to rest.

Nova said:
GunPei2X said:
Looking at that video, are the action buttons concave or is it just an illusion?

They are infact concave. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but I reckon it at least gives the thumb somewhere to rest.
Concaved is good! All the arcade cabs pretty much have concaved buttons, and so does the Sega Saturn controller (with the A,B,C buttons). To me that is a good thing.

Another video, this one an interview with a GPH´s man. The Caanoo information is round the minute 11.

Holy shit, that's an actual USB port.

At around 11:40 they play a multiplayer fighting game, do you reckon the stick is working well for them? (I don't play fighting games)

Also towards the end of the segment Tony says not to worry about the analog joystick, the joystick is fine.

quartercast said:
Also towards the end of the segment Tony says not to worry about the analog joystick, the joystick is fine.
Well he's a marketing manager, everything about the Caanoo is of course perfect and there is nothing to worry about ;).
That USB port is great news.

raindog said:
Another video, this one an interview with a GPH´s man. The Caanoo information is round the minute 11.

i really like the style of this gadget. the menu also looks quite nice. :)

What's not great news if I'm not mistaken is that the Wiz will never see a network adaptor and they'll expect us to buy our own usb wifi dongles :p *shrugs* still interested, but kinda disappointed if I'm right...

I'm sure their next handheld will have built-in wifi. Can't wait, it'll definitely be more powerful than Pandora.

Hooka said:
What's not great news if I'm not mistaken is that the Wiz will never see a network adaptor and they'll expect us to buy our own usb wifi dongles :p *shrugs* still interested, but kinda disappointed if I'm right...
No, the Wifi adaptor which will come out at the same time as the Caanoo will fit both consoles :).

rsuryase said:
I'm sure their next handheld will have built-in wifi. Can't wait, it'll definitely be more powerful than Pandora.

Sure it will ;p and by then there will already be a Pandora2 to blow it away.

craigix said:
Sure it will ;p and by then there will already be a Pandora2 to blow it away.
They can roll out consoles quicker than you and you know it. The Pandora came out by the time the Wiz was finished ffs. I remember when there were 'Which will come out first?' discussions.
The Pandora is already behind, if you really think you can back up that statement then you have some catching up to do ;).

Back