C4A down?

Same, couple day now.

...My suspicion is that MAT is to blame for this, he's probably submitted another high score on A7xpg which is too high for the server to handle :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe after the negative scores, he now got a complex score like the square root of -1. ;)

...My suspicion is that MAT is to blame for this, he's probably submitted another high score on A7xpg which is too high for the server to handle :)
And no-one can beat my overall score in the competition since they can't submit scores anymore mwahahahahahahahahaha

(and no, I haven't even played A7xpg after the last hiscore)

Sorry, been working day and night lately, no time for anything .. didn't realize it was down.

I shoudl set up an SMS-alert on my phone, to verify server is available every few hours, or something :)

Looks like ISP had a power issue and lower priority VM server didn't fully restart my instance. (I'm m ooching off a friends ISP, not paying for it :)

(and man, prices are nuts.. theres a server, Cloud4Life or something I forget, that had a 75% off sale the other day.. $35, one time fee, for a VM based quad-core 2GB RAM linux server with 100mbps virtual ethernet; $35 for life. Probablly oversubscribed like mad etc etc, but damn, for people running minecraft servers etc, these things are rediculously cheap now.)

I'm working a ticket with the ISP, get it sorted out.

jeff

Cheers for update.

Be interesting to see how the high scores for competition change as the past couple days submissions all upload at once

Still down .. they don't have a lot of weekend support; sort of annoying :/

Guess I may look into CloudAtCost VM .. consider .. with 50% off, you pay $70 once, and have the server 'for life'; a buddy of mine has had them for awhile, and maybe eventualy they oversubscribe or something, but so far he's had great performance.

1 public IP

2GB ECC RAM

40GB SSD

100 Mbit Network

3TB monthly transfer

I've got my home servers, but with occasional ISP issues on that side, and occasional ISP issues on my usual hosting side, maybea third party woudl be the way to go..

Either way, I do have a backup of c4a, but its not entirely up to date for most recent scores.. so I'll wait for them to restore it monday before mulling things over anyway.

jeff

This sounds like a pyramid scheme. Eventually it'll break down. I would rather go to some more reputable service.

Still down .. they don't have a lot of weekend support; sort of annoying :/

Guess I may look into CloudAtCost VM .. consider .. with 50% off, you pay $70 once, and have the server 'for life'; a buddy of mine has had them for awhile, and maybe eventualy they oversubscribe or something, but so far he's had great performance.

1 public IP

2GB ECC RAM

40GB SSD

100 Mbit Network

3TB monthly transfer

I've got my home servers, but with occasional ISP issues on that side, and occasional ISP issues on my usual hosting side, maybea third party woudl be the way to go..

Either way, I do have a backup of c4a, but its not entirely up to date for most recent scores.. so I'll wait for them to restore it monday before mulling things over anyway.

jeff
I'm looking to a cheap VPS... I see a whole lot of bad reviews about these guys and all of the good ones seem like astroturf

can you ask your friend to give them a quick review? like performance? outages?

I don't care if they're "slow" because I'd only be using them for weechat irc shell and some random junk... just don't want to throw away money if they're going to deny by a refund which is something pretty common apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
.... and we're back.

(I also wonder why I didn't add round robin multi-server support :)

ED -- whenever I get around to C$A v2, with tonnes of planned features etc, one of them is all kinds of server options and run your own server etc; the point beingm, the client config will be able to contain multiple servers, multiple accounts etc, and the player can use C4A-manager to select the server to register against. Which most importantly is to say .. the current client can't do any of that, so putting the server up on your box would be perhaps painful to do..

.. but then again, I could point CNAME skeezix.walled.com or whatever over to your box maybe, and that would take care of it invisibly..  hmrf.

If it blows up again, this is what I'll look into it; might as well keep it on the Pandora mothership. (once multiple servers are supported in client cvonfig, it'll be handy, so I can keep a test server oin my side, and the production base server on yours, along with other servers we run..)

jeff

Yeah :rolleyes: !

Seems that I'm out of luck!

Every time I working a little on C4A support for squared, the server is down... :(

I wonder if this has something to with me :blink: (just kidding! :p )

The fine line between uploading data and doing an ddos attack. Stop it! 

Uptime has been pretty good .. over a year or more, only a couple of outages; seems they do like to cluster though.

I am hopeful I can start getting enough RL breaks so I can actually be conscious and focus more, and get to c4a-v2; multi-server support really needs to happen, and relocate the primary server to EDs I think..

Sorry there was a couple lately folks; in the grand scheme of things, when an ISP has power issues, I'm sure it hurts them a hell of a lot more than us c4a mooches. As someone on call who is working 2-3 nights a week in addition to days lately, I empathize with them :)

with 'fc' client becoming a viable alternative and maybe going into firmware, I really need to kick off the server work :)

jeff

Back