Compo4all poll September : Poll closed

Choose your favorite games (multiple choice allowed - private voting)

• Missile Command

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Millipede: continues

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Rastan: continues

• Anteater

• Pengo

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Pooyan

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Battlezone

• Bagman

• Commando

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Donkey Kong 3

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

b_o_b

Advanced Member
The above games have been tested and should be possible to be added to the games available for compo4all / http://c4a.openpandora.org/

The 5 most popular games will be added to the list by Skeezix. 

I will pick one additional game that is not part of the poll or not chosen after a few rounds. That way I can add some games to c4a that might not be very popular but will be adding some variety. 

Please choose your favorite game. If I added continues to the title of the game, it means the game allows continues. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't this be the "October" poll?

Chris
The August poll had a small delay and were added in September because Skeezix wanted to add them after he released the new c4a version. 

I usually start the poll the 2nd week of the month but there are no guarantees the games will be added the same month. So the poll month is the month of the poll itself, not the month of implementation :)

Humm...I did not see Do Run Run or Mikie on the list to be voted on?  Maybe next month for those, then?
That should be possible. I think they will be ok, but I haven't tested a high score .hi file yet. I wasn't really motivated to try them out this month and we still have some fun tested games to be added to the poll.  

As already mentioned in another thread, if you have a highscore .hi file for those games please send them to me and I will make sure they will be added (after positive testing of course). 

I can try to get that to you.

I just had a minor crisis, my computer got hit with extrotionware, and a number of my files were encrypted beyond any hope of recovery, and I'd be damned if I would pay some criminal for the "secret key" to decrypt my files, nothing says he would actually supply a key that would work - or that he would not hit me again, so I just wiped the whole damn computer after saving what I could.

Seriously, if any of you ever get hit with the Cryto-Lock virus, like what happened to me, it will piss you off beyond all belief.

Fortunately, most of what I wanted to keep was backed up on flashsticks anyway, but I spent an entire day getting myself back, with minimal loss.

But there's a lesson in this for everyone...BACK UP ANYTHING ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT IS IMPORTANT...AND BACK IT UP ON SOMETHING WHICH NEVER COMES INTO CONTACT WITH THE INTERNET.  In fact, take yourself off the 'Net when backing up or restoring these files.

I love these computers, but, damn, there's something to be said for the good old days when someone had to force you into a back alley with a gun in order to mug yu - now these sons a bitches can do it to you from halfway around the world, and you don't even know when they are doing it to you.  And they sure as hell never get caught the slimy criminal bastards.

Backing up is indeed always a good thing, using another OS too btw ;)  

On topic: 

Two more days to add your votes! I want to close the poll Friday.  

Donkey Kong 3 (5 votes [15.15%])

Missile Command (5 votes [15.15%])

Commando (4 votes [12.12%])

Pengo (4 votes [12.12%])

Battlezone (3 votes [9.09%])

Millipede: continues (3 votes [9.09%])

Rastan: continues (3 votes [9.09%])

Anteater (2 votes [6.06%])

Pooyan (2 votes [6.06%])

Bagman (2 votes [6.06%])

Most surprising for me in this list is Pooyan. Again it doesn't seem to be one of the favorites, and I always thought Pooyan was a pretty popular game. 

Well, if there is any tie at poll close, I move that neither Jumpman nor myself make the call, as we both have had a turn at doing such.  Someone else should be the tie-breaker.

Well, if there is any tie at poll close, I move that neither Jumpman nor myself make the call, as we both have had a turn at doing such.  Someone else should be the tie-breaker.
Sure, no problem. The first (any) person making the call will decide. 

Poll closed!

The following games will be added:

Missile Command (6 votes [16.22%])

Donkey Kong 3 (5 votes [13.51%])

Pengo (5 votes [13.51%])

Commando (4 votes [10.81%])

Someone (anyone) needs to choose between the next 5 games. 

Millipede: continues (3 votes [8.11%])

Rastan: continues (3 votes [8.11%])

Anteater (3 votes [8.11%])

Battlezone (3 votes [8.11%])

Bagman (3 votes [8.11%])

Just let me know what game is your favorite of this list and I will add it to the list. 

Pooyan (2 votes [5.41%])

Yay!

Battlezoners practicing under PanMame, I suggest again:

Redefine controls so you have:

D-Pad UP & DOWN - Left Track Forward/Backward

Y Button & X Button - Right Track Forward/Backward

and I like to have B button as fire, so I just need to rock my thumb to the side to fire.

Get any vector game looking great by adjusting 'Vector Intensity' (Fn+Space, go up to find it) - set it to the maximum.

No Millipede again?? :(

No Anteater?? :(

Oh, well, maybe next month.

It was all fair, and Asmo made the call - as should have been someone other than myself or Jumpman, since we already HAD.

Now Asmo joins that list.  Unless we get to a point where no one else wants to make a call, then can go for round 2 of making calls, lol

Get any vector game looking great by adjusting 'Vector Intensity' (Fn+Space, go up to find it) - set it to the maximum.
Superb advise! Thanks. That will also make Asteroids a lot more enjoyable :)  

Back