Compo4all poll August: Poll closed!!

Choose your favorite games (multiple choice allowed - private voting)

• Millipede - continues

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Rolling Thunder - continues

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yie-Ar Kung Fu

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Rastan - continues

• Circus Charlie

• Pengo

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pooyan

• Green Beret

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Aliens - continues

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Popeye

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

b_o_b

Advanced Member
The above games have been tested and should be possible to be added to the games available for compo4all / http://c4a.openpandora.org/

The 5 most popular games will be added to the list by Skeezix. 

I will pick one additional game that is not part of the poll or not chosen after a few rounds. That way I can add some games to c4a that might not be very popular but will be adding some variety. 

Please choose your favorite game. If I added continues to the title of the game, it means the game allows continues. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Aliens, HELL YEAH! :lol:

To those of you voting, even though it has continues, it resets the score, so unlike most titles that allow your score to continue with each new credit entered, this game takes the score back to ZERO. This is the way all continues should have been handled, and I really don't understand why they weren't.

Popeye would get my second vote for sure, a great Nintendo classic. 

Chris

Yeah Popeye is good - it can seem really odd (controls and mechanics-wise) at first, but once you 'get' it, it's pretty addictive.

Aliens, HELL YEAH! :lol:

To those of you voting, even though it has continues, it resets the score, so unlike most titles that allow your score to continue with each new credit entered, this game takes the score back to ZERO. This is the way all continues should have been handled, and I really don't understand why they weren't.

Popeye would get my second vote for sure, a great Nintendo classic. 

Chris
Aliens was my idea.

I love that game.

Two more days to add your votes! I want to close the poll Friday.  

Green Beret (4 votes [16.00%])

Popeye (4 votes [16.00%])

Aliens - (3 votes [12.00%])

Pengo (3 votes [12.00%])

Lots with 2 votes (I am sure Jumpman can fix that for us ;) )

Millipede - (2 votes [8.00%])

Yie-Ar Kung Fu (2 votes [8.00%])

Rastan - continues (2 votes [8.00%])

Circus Charlie (2 votes [8.00%])

Pooyan (2 votes [8.00%])

Rolling Thunder - continues (1 votes [4.00%])

Jumpman fixed it last month, if there is a tie, I call getting to break it!
That's fine with me, as long as others don't have an issue, go for it. The only game here that I really want to play besides Aliens is Rolling Thunder, and without the continue issue being fixed, it's a toss up  for me.

Chris

green beret and popeye will be awesome additions. So looking forward to getting back into them.

Poll closed! 

Chosen:

Yie-Ar Kung Fu (6 votes [17.65%])

Green Beret (5 votes [14.71%])

Popeye (5 votes [14.71%])

Aliens - continues (4 votes [11.76%])

These fine games, didn't make it this month

Millipede - continues (2 votes [5.88%])

Rastan - continues (2 votes [5.88%])

Circus Charlie (2 votes [5.88%])

Pooyan (2 votes [5.88%])

Kumaki or Jumpman or anyone else will need to decide between these two (I don't care who does it, as long as I don't have to ;) ):

Pengo (3 votes [12.00%])

Rolling Thunder - continues (3 votes [8.82%])

OK, thanks. 

This is the list of games I will request Skeezix to add to c4a then (and one additional game)

Yie-Ar Kung Fu (6 votes [17.65%])

Green Beret (5 votes [14.71%])

Popeye (5 votes [14.71%])

Aliens - continues (4 votes [11.76%])

Rolling Thunder - continues (3 votes [8.82%])

I pledge to get the faster syncing build of c4a-mame out very soon as well, to help bring up playing for Sept..

jeff
This would be great skeezix, despite loving the project, the increasingly slow sync times has become a hindrance. (at least for me)

increasingly slow sync times has become a hindrance. (at least for me)
I assume the increased amount of games on c4a are the reason for that? If so, it might be better to wait adding more games until a new version is ready. 

I assume the increased amount of games on c4a are the reason for that? If so, it might be better to wait adding more games until a new version is ready. 
Seems to be the cause, not sure if it's just as bad for everyone, but can take a couple of minutes sometimes.

You know theres any easy way to find out...

But to save you hitting the website, no not yet.. Been demolishing walls and a pile of other stuff .. Not had a comp for a week. Soon!

Jeffphone

Back