C.e. Testing Done!

Cool! didn't know they did it in a sound proof room. Looks like they have some fine measurement tools thar.

So, they just need to shield the LCD ribbon, sounds easy enough.

Yay! Congrats! That's an interesting point about the FCC BTW ;)

What material do you intend on using for the shielding?

atombat said:
Not having to faf around with the FCC may help quicken the Pandora creation process by an hour or 2.... at least :)

man, it would haste much more because thet wont be waiting for the case for the test anymore.
i believe "Two Weeks (tm)" could be cut

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, as soon as I saw the pictures of the cute little Pandora looking so vulnerable on the table with a bright lamp shining down on it, I just had to do this:

Interrogation.jpg

MDave said:
Oh man, as soon as I saw the pictures of the cute little Pandora looking so vulnerable on the table with a bright lamp shining down on it, I just had to do this:

Interrogation.jpg
Can't you see he's been tortured! They ripped his nubs off!

MDave said:

/image

the Pandora does look pretty cute, doesn't it

I assume a shielded LCD cable is going to be larger... Is there enough room in the hinge for that? Also, the shielding material may cause friction when rubbed against the inside of the hinge and cause the cable to fail early (again, depending on materials).

greendots said:
I assume a shielded LCD cable is going to be larger... Is there enough room in the hinge for that? Also, the shielding material may cause friction when rubbed against the inside of the hinge and cause the cable to fail early (again, depending on materials).
technically, i don't think they have to shield the cable since the spikes didn't go past the red line

edit: typo

also, who sais the shielding has to run the full length of the ribbon cable? ;D

Nation.A.List said:
MDave said:

Interrogation.jpg
Can't you see he's been tortured! They ripped his nubs off!
OMG thats nuts.

FCC is only for radio devices...
The Pandora contains an 802.11bg radio and a bluetooth radio, doesn't it? So does that mean that as long as those chips are individually FCC certified the Pandora itself doesn't need to be certified?

My laptops all have FCC ID numbers printed on them (presumably for the 802.11 radio). My Nintendo DS Lite also has an FCC ID number...

Back