C.e. Testing Done!

WizardStan said:
It didn't fail the CE test, because this wasn't *the* CE test. It was a pre-test test, to make sure the board would pass the real test before they went and made 4000 more of them.

Hmm? I thought this was *the* test. You don't even need a third party to do CE testing, you can carry them out with the right equipment and create and submit the report, as far as I know. Or are you talking about FCC?

Last edited by a moderator:
This was just a quick test to confirm that the board was right and then start mass production. That thing with the lcd cable will not cause any delays

WizardStan said:
gibberish said:
so did it actually fail the ce test, and the insulation is required to make it pass?
It didn't fail the CE test, because this wasn't *the* CE test. It was a pre-test test, to make sure the board would pass the real test before they went and made 4000 more of them. The cable failed, but the board itself passed, so the boards can go mass production. That is why everyone is happy.
And if all it takes is a little bit of foil to make the ribbon cable pass, better to learn that now than during the real test.
Measure twice, cut once. I like it.

15 is over on Germany isnt it?

any news on the case?, on china i believe its already 6 am

srry im expecting more news because of that much meat these days

greendots said:
Case molds are already 20 to 30 days over schedule...
they said the mould was more complicated than they had originally thought, and ever warned beforehand that there might be delays.
the newsletter did say the 15th however ;)

The CE-testing gives out unique number by which it can be looked upon from a certificate database, does it not?
Where is the number?
Also, where are the promised PDF-files of the certification?

It's all nice and dandy having all these assurances about how this is real but where are the facts, companies names that are involved, schematics for the Pandora('s box "pun Intended")?

All I've seen is text and alot of assuring that this is real, which already by itself makes it unbelievable as the more you need to say it, the less credible it becomes. Not to mention the good-willing people paying for product that is a bit, admit it, shady.

Bash me out you blue eyes, but don't cry when I come and say "I said so".

logobom said:
The CE-testing gives out unique number by which it can be looked upon from a certificate database, does it not?
Where is the number?

It's all nice and dandy having all these assurances about how this is real but where are the facts, companies names that are involved, schematics for the Pandora('s box "pun Intended")?

All I've seen is text and alot of assuring that this is real, which already by itself makes it unbelievable as the more you need to say it, the less credible it becomes. Not to mention the good-willing people paying for product that is a bit, admit it, shady.

Bash me out you blue eyes, but don't cry when I come and say "I said so".
This was a preliminary test to make sure everything is A-OK when it comes time for the real test, and the pdf was of the results not of certification. At the moment they either aren't allowed to or have their own reasons for not disclosing companies involved. At this stage in the game I really don't see how you can justify thinking it's fake, there are pictures & videos of it in action & honestly it's not all that far-fetched. You really must not have been looking very hard. I won't admit to you that the project is 'shady', maybe it would be if it were a mainstream device... but it's not. Maybe in the future you could do a little more reading/thinking before registering to post your ignorance.

logobom said:
Where is the number?

*sigh*
As stated at least 100 times, there is NO number for a CE test. You don't even need one, THE COMPANY THAT PRODUCES A DEVICE is responsible that it passes CE.
Whether the company does its own testings or lets some certified labs test it, it doesn't matter.

But the company is FULLY responsible if the government retests the devices and they do fail.

I promised the PDFs to appear on the site DURING THE NEXT days.
And it's just 1,5 days ago that we did the tests.
Don't you think we have other things to do, too?

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
logobom said:
Where is the number?

*sigh*
As stated at least 100 times, etc etc

Don't you think we have other things to do, too?
don't worry about him Evil, remember, for every one that complains, there are 30 that aren't

whoa, deja vu

yeah, maybe he was trolling and was afraid of being tracked so he made an account just to ask that.
or it was a reeeal newcomer.

the developers blog said:
According to him, we don't even need FCC. FCC is only for radio devices (like wireless microphones, etc.), but not stuff like computers or gaming devices like ours here. They're running an FCC certified testing site, so they should know.
Well, I was told otherwise by a FCC accredited lab. They say that anything that has signals or clock faster than 1.something MHz is a potential "unintentional radiator" and hence needs to be tested. In fact, I have found FCC labels on pretty much every kind of device, including things as "harmless" as wired optical mice. This is also how I understand FCC Part 15 Subpart B. That said, I would hug and kiss anyone who can prove me wrong, because this would save me a shitload of money.

Matthias_H said:
Well, I was told otherwise by a FCC accredited lab. They say that anything that has signals or clock faster than 1.something MHz is a potential "unintentional radiator" and hence needs to be tested. In fact, I have found FCC labels on pretty much every kind of device, including things as "harmless" as wired optical mice. This is also how I understand FCC Part 15 Subpart B. That said, I would hug and kiss anyone who can prove me wrong, because this would save me a shitload of money.
And has been pointed out several times, there is a big difference between getting tested, and getting certified. They are required to do the testing; they will be doing the testing. They are not required to have certification. All they have to do is have the documentation showing the tests that they did should the FCC come at them and ask them why their users are getting cancer.

WizardStan said:
And has been pointed out several times, there is a big difference between getting tested, and getting certified. They are required to do the testing; they will be doing the testing. They are not required to have certification. All they have to do is have the documentation showing the tests that they did should the FCC come at them and ask them why their users are getting cancer.

It sounds like certification involves a lot more than pressing a button and getting the next number in line - I can imagine that if the standards bodies (and/or their approved testers) for CE and FCC certifications are in any way "liable" for any product which is certified but then fails to meet the standards "in the wild" then there could well be insurance costs involved. I think that, at this stage at least, any superfluous costs are best avoided. If the stuff works and meets all standards then OpenPandora don't need to fear being the only ones culpable, and can approach profit (or at least no loss) that much quicker.

now mass production has started some days ago....it should be finished by now right? because mass production takes one day.
Is it already being shipped? and where's the link for the detailed roadmap?

Mass production of the cases takes a day - molds are still in progress. Mass production of the boards, which is what started, takes much longer.

Edit: Don't know how long it'll take to assemble all the parts once they're produced.

borgqueenx said:
now mass production has started some days ago....it should be finished by now right? because mass production takes one day.
Is it already being shipped? and where's the link for the detailed roadmap?
Did Craigix or MWeston confirm board production actually started? Last I saw was EvilDragon saying it would be started.

Back