C.e. Testing Done!

Derek said:
Nation.A.List said:
MDave said:
Oh man, as soon as I saw the pictures of the cute little Pandora looking so vulnerable on the table with a bright lamp shining down on it, I just had to do this:

Interrogation.jpg
Can't you see he's been tortured! They ripped his nubs off!
OMG thats nuts.
not only that, dont you see it went so pale it looks completely white, even slightly transparent.

the worst part is that it might be starved to death, i dont see any charger cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
DroneB Dev said:
Derek said:
Nation.A.List said:
MDave said:
Oh man, as soon as I saw the pictures of the cute little Pandora looking so vulnerable on the table with a bright lamp shining down on it, I just had to do this:

Interrogation.jpg
OMG thats nuts.
not only that, dont you see it went so pale it looks completely white, even slightly transparent.

the worst part is that it might be starved to death, i dont see any charger cable.
Those bastards! I'm organizing a rescue effort. Who's with me?!

magicman5421 said:
DroneB Dev said:
Derek said:
Nation.A.List said:
MDave said:

Interrogation.jpg
OMG thats nuts.

Those bastards! I'm organizing a rescue effort. Who's with me?!
I'm the Field Marshal of the Pandora Defense Squad.

Of course I'm in.

Derek said:
Nation.A.List said:
MDave said:

*image goes here*
OMG thats nuts.

No, he said NUBS.

Sitwon said:
FCC is only for radio devices...
The Pandora contains an 802.11bg radio and a bluetooth radio, doesn't it? So does that mean that as long as those chips are individually FCC certified the Pandora itself doesn't need to be certified?

My laptops all have FCC ID numbers printed on them (presumably for the 802.11 radio). My Nintendo DS Lite also has an FCC ID number...

Well, I did some more research.
The most reliable thing is checking out the FCC site itself.

While there's not much information on that, they have the possibility to check out certifications.

Look up ID W5MTOBIIC12 at the FCC site, for example.

That's a laptop computer with BlueTooth, WiFi and GSM.
It's classified as an unintentional radiator. Those device need an FCC report (which we will do together with the CE), but you don't need to apply for a certificate (which is what does take so long).

So that's fine :D

Last edited:
Even with the unshielded ribbon cable it was still slightly under the limit, right? So the extra shielding is just to make sure.

Minor update by ED via the Blog:

Raise your shields and full speed ahead, Scotty.

Well, Michael has already begun to wrap up one of those LCD cables in a nice shield. Those foils are REALLY thin, so there's nothing we need to change with the case. It's an easy fix.

The other thing you might want to know is that we placed our order for the production of those 3895 boards. Yep, mass production of the motherboards has started!

Now all that's left to do is bugger the chinese company to finish the moulds. Yeeha!

Good news about the LCD cable shielding.

Oh yeah, and board MP has started, too. :D

Mass Production, WOOT!

Can someone explain to me why you can see through to the board through the top of the translucent case in those testing photos?

Specifically, I thought the buttons were all joined together on a big rubber mat. Is it just that the angle we're looking at it from is deceptive?

EDIT: The answer may be that the final keymat is actually translucent as well. Sneaky!

TimmyB said:
Mass Production, WOOT!

Can someone explain to me why you can see through to the board through the top of the translucent case in those testing photos?

Because it's a testing case and it does make it easier finding faults and flaws in the case ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
TimmyB said:
Mass Production, WOOT!

Because it's a testing case and it does make it easier finding faults and flaws in the case ;)

I SO SUPPORT MASS PRODUCTION!!!!! Roll 'em out!

So did craig and ED and peops get cancer from handling unshielded pandoras?

Yayyy, MP! So everything! is in MP now, right? A/V cables, keymats, cases, motherboards.
And all the parts (except shielding) are at factory for the boards to be assembled? So what are we missing besides power adapters / software CD (and shipping the case/keymats)?

[edited to fix massive punctuation fail]

calc84maniac said:
The cases and keymats are still being prepared in China.
Yeah, I know that but my post didn't show it. I was distracted and really poorly worded my post, should be more clear what I meant now. Thanks though. Oh and I like ti-84's too :p

I can't believe the MP of boards has started. Basically we just need the cases to arrive by the time for all the boards to be built. So the Case manufacturer still has a little bit of time. But they do kinda need to hurry the eff up a little bit.

I don't want to pester anyone but does anyone know an approximate timeframe for release? I would hope somewhere before Christmas (for the first one shipped).

Kloplop321 said:
Cool! didn't know they did it in a sound proof room. Looks like they have some fine measurement tools thar.

So, they just need to shield the LCD ribbon, sounds easy enough.
This might have been already said, but those aren't sound proofing cones, they are EM dampening cones, so no outside stuff gets in that might skew the results.

Back