Bob''s Game

Maybe the solitary confinement is getting to him?

I hear this kind of thing can be psychologically punishing. :blink:

If this game ever does get released, I think I'll stage my own 100 day protest

Yeah, between the update from before, and this one, I don't think I'll be buying this... :/

He may not be the best game developer ever but he certainly has the largest ego.

Eniko said:
Woah, that has to be a parody somehow, nobody could be that arrogant... right?

... Right? :blink:
Reading the penny arcade thread on this (looks like those guys aren't as stupid as I thought)...
well, the idea that this ISN'T a hoax and bob is 100 percent serious doesn't seem so silly when you read up on derek smart: http://www.werewolves.org/~follies/

Last edited by a moderator:
Eniko said:

Pretty much my thoughts.

If it's a stunt/gimmick it's not good and could be counter-productive.

If it's for real, the guy's a jerk and going to seriously damage his chances of anyone ever wanting to work professionally with him or give him a contract, and he really could alienate a large number of potential customers.

I think at one point I said give this man a Pandora - scratch that, he's a pillock.

damn, Before i read that i was looking forward to this game.

But, I really don't want to play it anymore knowing the developer is a crazed idiot.

I must admit that his last announcement was rather weird - after all, locking himself away for a month or two is hardly anything big, except in his eyes (I think I left my house about 8 times between 1989 and 1995, lots of games coded though, lol :p ) but this one is even worse, even if he's joking then surely he sees how offensive it is to... well just about any coder or games designer ever... but if he's serious, then woooooaaah, run run

Game just looks like some Megadrive or SNES walkabout boring game too, what is so special about what he's done? Hope it does come to Pandora still, not least for those that like these type of games !

maybe he's really pleased with the story, though... it still can't top FFVII :p

Ah hah, what a tool. I was excited for this game before this. I mean, i feel bad for the guy - he spent five years on a game and now he won't be able to distribute it the way he wanted to. But he had to realize he's dealing with a multinational company (the fifth most profitable in Japan!).

Bob's Game will never even touch A Link to the Past, EarthBound, Metal Gear, Doom or hell, even Sim City.

I can't believe he's comparing himself to Carmack. Let alone anyone else.

The game looks great, but not THAT great. I'm still getting it, if it's released on pandora. Loonies have made great art before :)

i think this guy has some ego issues. i mean at first i thought the title of "Bob's Game" was quite kitsch in a DIY not taking itself too creatively serious way, but now i wonder if hes not more crazy and somewhat disturbed. obsessing about being released by nintendo then proclaiming that the top guys there are nothing compared to you? talk about an unlikely way to gain favour.

its sad that the game would have probably done well and gained respect amongst the homebrew community and maybe he would have made some money from it. instead though he will be remembered as the crazy douche who turned into a troll because he couldnt handle being rejected by nintendo, which was inevitable anyway, and people will laugh at him rather than respect him at all. i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt just turn into a quivering wreck and doesnt release it at all or instead so few people show an interest after all this fuss that he just gives it away for free just to be appreciated somehow.

remember everyone, its bob's game, he made it, its his own, his love, his preeeeecious.

PoisonedV said:
Eniko said:

Reading the penny arcade thread on this (looks like those guys aren't as stupid as I thought)...
well, the idea that this ISN'T a hoax and bob is 100 percent serious doesn't seem so silly when you read up on derek smart: http://www.werewolves.org/~follies/

Link to that thread? It's like a trainwreck. I have to look.

HAHAHA, what a moron, he may have coded a game on his own, but this makes him look like he has the IQ of a pube and a silver spoon stuck up his arse.

I still like the look of the videos, and think it could be a good game.

Could someone not have hacked into the site and changed it?

Despite all the fuss surrounding this game (which I think may be some kind of stunt) it actually looks pretty nice! I'd have to read a review first, but any game which crosses Earthbound with Shenmue gets my vote!

Back