Bob''s Game

I wonder if anyone bothered to capture all of his webcam frames, would be fun to watch the room trashing as it took place.

I really hope that there is a Bob's Game, and this wasn't just a piece of modern art seeking internet fame (heh :rolleyes:).

Alex. said:
I wonder if anyone bothered to capture all of his webcam frames, would be fun to watch the room trashing as it took place.

I really hope that there is a Bob's Game, and this wasn't just a piece of modern art seeking internet fame (heh :rolleyes:).

For reals. And I hope to see a Pandora port soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
at this point i dont think the slimy bastard deserves any more attention...

The game didn't look all that good to begin with. And when he began this whole childish stunt, I can't help but feel it's tainted it.

I guess he should have held his breath until his faced turned blue. I hope his next stunt is to straddle the ledge of a building and demand Nintendo License his game or he will jump and than ultimately give up.

I wonder what type of meme bob has given life too? I'll give 4chan another couple of days.

What a tool.

Phawx said:
The game didn't look all that good to begin with. And when he began this whole childish stunt, I can't help but feel it's tainted it.

I guess he should have held his breath until his faced turned blue. I hope his next stunt is to straddle the ledge of a building and demand Nintendo License his game or he will jump and than ultimately give up.

I wonder what type of meme bob has given life too? I'll give 4chan another couple of days.

What a tool.
That was poetry my good man.

Well, I'm still looking forward to this game.
Why? It seems interesting.

Yep, that guy does sound crazy and completely strange - but that reminds me of Earthbound...

That RPG he created... well, basically, you live for 20 years as a boy in this game. You grow, your surroundings grow, they change, etc.
Basically, it's an RPG in a normal environment changing over time - and if there are some very crazy ideas in there, it could really be fun with an earthboundish style :D

EvilDragon said:
Well, I'm still looking forward to this game.
Why? It seems interesting.

Yep, that guy does sound crazy and completely strange - but that reminds me of Earthbound...

That RPG he created... well, basically, you live for 20 years as a boy in this game. You grow, your surroundings grow, they change, etc.
Basically, it's an RPG in a normal environment changing over time - and if there are some very crazy ideas in there, it could really be fun with an earthboundish style :D
I think I have it figured out actually. His game is supposed to cross the boundaries of the game inside the NDS and the whole thing he is doing on his site is part of the game. Also look at the site, he is not actually threatening Nintendo most of the time, he is threatening "Yuu" stuff like "Yuu must be prepared, Reggie!" He's telling Reggie that the character Yuu must be prepared, etc.

If you watched the trailer for the game (again if you already have) You can see that Bob is the main baddy in his game, and now on his site he says the Bob's Game tournament will begin on day 100. So basically I think this game is wifi enabled and you actually compete against Bob.

I've actually been unable to resist becoming interested in Bob's Game even though I agree faking your own death on webcam is going too far to get attention, it seems this is all part of Bob's Game.

PokeParadox said:
I think I have it figured out actually. His game is supposed to cross the boundaries of the game inside the NDS and the whole thing he is doing on his site is part of the game. Also look at the site, he is not actually threatening Nintendo most of the time, he is threatening "Yuu" stuff like "Yuu must be prepared, Reggie!" He's telling Reggie that the character Yuu must be prepared, etc.
Wow...you're right. He capitalizes it and his grammar seems to refer to "Yuu" as a third person ("EVERY TIME Yuu plays bob's game, Bob kills a Pikachu", "Yuu agrees to a lifetime of minimum wage")

This guy's weird.

PokeParadox said:
Yeah, I kind of start leaning towards 'arg thing' once he donned the spikes, especially considering he made himself the final boss.

too bad I hate args.

Especially ARGs no one gives a shit about, so it effectively makes him look like one of those socially awkward people you sit next to at a wedding. You know the one. Where the fool tells you he donned spiked shoulder-pads to promote his game through a viral arg.

That's when your heart starts racing and your body goes into a fight or flight mode. Neither would suffice. You just have to suffer through that shit.

And he is sitting there, wondering when you are going to ask him why he chose to name it, "Bob's Game".

there is now no doubt in my mind that this is a marketing ploy. I would bet even money that whatever problems he was having (if he was having any at all) had already been worked out, and that at the end of the 100 days is release.
Whether the release is indeed for the NDS version, or if that is nothing more than a marketing ploy and the release is for something else entirely remains to be seen.
And I must admit: coming to this conclusion, knowing that he's acting according to some script in a foolish marketing attempt rather than being a douchebag royale (or quarter pounder with cheese) is sufficiently comforting that my interest in the game has been renewed. I just hope that it's worth it, come day 100.
It just occurred to me that the LED panel is counting the days. 68 days remaining.

Doesn't looks like RPG since there even no chooses to what to answer.
Just point-n-click adventure game with rough-moving camera.

NINTENDO does right by isolating sick man from releasing his sick game on DS :D

<www.bobsgame.com>

By clicking OK or submitting a digital signature with the X button, Yuu agrees to a lifetime of minimum wage slavery for the all-powerful Button Corporation Incorporated. (Even worn-out buttons can be exchanged for evil replacements. >;} )

If he cannot hold it for ingame content then he is just psycho

wow this game looks awesome! is this going to be opensource? id still pay for it if it was but it would let people expand on bobs exellent work!

It seems that he thinks that this is all a big game, maybe his website "is" Bob's Game and he thinks it's really clever or something. I doubt he's crazy.

bobsgamecamjpg0rn7.jpg

Preserve'd

Bob's Game, by... Bob. Epic fail of a lifetime!

Fix'd

This is the end of my pitch to Nintendo of America- which Mr. Tom Prata, Senior Director of Project Development, authorized on Feb 22, 2008.
Thanks to all Nintendo staff and to Nintendo's PR department for allowing this to continue as long as it has.

If Nintendo decides not to proceed, "bob's game" will be released for iPhone, Android, and possibly OpenPandora, XBLA, Steam, and PSP.
I am a Nintendo fan, and I would like to see "bob's game" released on the Nintendo DS more than any of these systems.
Please let Nintendo know if you would like to show your support for "bob's game" being released on the DS.

In this age of nearly infinite information flow and instant turnover, getting a message out there is nearly impossible, even with millions of dollars for advertising.
Yet I have succeeded at this and caught the attention of nearly the entire online gaming world- from a locked room with a cell phone and no budget whatsoever.

If this does not demonstrate to Nintendo the determination, passion, creativity, and ingenuity that I am capable of, then I don't know what will.
Unorthodox, of course. I had to do something completely new, something that hadn't been tried before- and it worked.
bobsgame.com has now had over 1 million unique visitors. My mission has been a success.
In other words,
Thank Yuu for playing.

THANKS, REGGIE!

It was a stunt to get the game attention as I thought. Hopefully people will remember the game now and not the odd stunt.

Back