Big Update From Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
BackAssward said:
Great news. Sorry that MWeston might have to take work off for the trip, but he (and you) know we are all grateful if he can.
Dude, if I knew I could get in, I'd take time off work to see the startup :D

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
It is all waiting on those cases right now. If they are okay Michael will be off to Dallas for a while to watch this first assembly run. I think he will update with photos and such on the blog in Nov.
He oughta post a video of the assembly process, along with appropriate music

WizardStan said:
BackAssward said:
Great news. Sorry that MWeston might have to take work off for the trip, but he (and you) know we are all grateful if he can.
Dude, if I knew I could get in, I'd take time off work to see the startup :D
Me too man, me too... and I am off work. But we know MWeston has a job besides this... and I thank him if he takes time off to go make it happen.

Hell, if I was asked (as a fellow Canadian), I would be there right with him. Actually, ask me, I will go, for free.

Edit: I've been to the Toshiba factory and EMC build floor. Just Sayin'.

atomicthumbs said:
craigix said:
It is all waiting on those cases right now. If they are okay Michael will be off to Dallas for a while to watch this first assembly run. I think he will update with photos and such on the blog in Nov.
He oughta post a video of the assembly process, along with appropriate music

Surely more like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpwWYOE3Y9o

?

No, this is what it should be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o

No news in the blog for people who look at the boards every day... ( well, CE testing details for dev's , but i don't care about them )

BackAssward said:
BackAssward said:
Ok, I may have misread. I'm not sure though that the tests were with the Pandora WIFI and Bluetooth on. In fact, from what was posted, I don't think they were on during the pre CE tests.

Oh you don't get me at all. I give credit where it is due, and as a successful analyst, I ask pertinent questions when they need asking. If you want to criticize me, perhaps you should use "you're" not "your" when speaking of my "arrogant" ness.

I ask questions dispassionately, without a personal part. I often support the OP team. When I ask a "poke" question, it is to get more info, I don't imply anything, I just want to know more. You seem to be a fan boy annoyed at someone asking pertinent questions... questions that have in the past helped the project. Questions that if not asked, would make it delay if not addressed. Perhaps there is no issue to be addressed but, what is the harm in asking?

Can't someone put forth an honest question, without implication, without some ass taking it as an attack? You seem to have singled me out... perhaps you don't see the difference with bringing up a point, asking for clarification... and the difference between an attack.

Edit: Removed an alter attack.

Edit2: Yes I poke the small details, because I worked in the industry. The small details are where the devil lives. 80/20 rule. If you don't worry about the small things, you have a crap product. I sweat the details because they must be.

You clearly don't understand the need for someone to worry about the small stuff. If there wasn't someone doing that, all your products would be shit. You don't see the need for it, but any successful company does. It is the difference between a product that works, and one that goes the crap pile.

Edit3: mvickers03:

* Interests:Getting drunk, computers, and boobs!!

Never-mind. Time wasted.

Sound mate.. i singled you out cos your the one the wrote that drivel. the only thing i agree with is the fact i spelt something wrong.. great comeback pal

mvickers03 said:
Sound mate.. i singled you out cos your the one the wrote that drivel. the only thing i agree with is the fact i spelt something wrong.. great comeback pal
"cos" "spelt"

Edit3: mvickers03:

* Interests:Getting drunk, computers, and boobs!!
I missed your comeback, and you are still a mouth breather... still waiting to see the drivel I posted, you're drivel (and yes it is you're not your) is completely apparent. Why not quote mine, if you have it, "cos" I'd like to see. However I try to have spelled, not "spelt".

BackAssward said:
"cos" "spelt"

"Cos" is acceptable, he was just missing an apostrophe. "Spelt" is perfectly usable english. Are you this much of a dick IRL, or do you just reserve that for the forums?

D.

BackAssward said:
still waiting to see the drivel I posted, you're drivel (and yes it is you're not your) is completely apparent.

"[You are] drivel is completely apparent" doesn't make sense. If a word isn't missing there, you meant "your drivel."

Nope, I checked the dictionary before replying.

spelt 1 (splt)
n.
A hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe.

The only definition, and no it is not an accepted alternative, by anyone who speaks english, other than people who think LULZ and such are accepted.

Nor is "cos" by anyone who actually speaks English. Unless we also want to say 'yall, and 'aint, and any other stupid crap. No "cos" and "spelt" isn't ok.

It's "cause" and "spelled" anything else is agreeing that omgwtfbbq is proper American English. Unless you agree that omgwtfbbq is an acceptable alternative, then you cannot say "cos" and "spelt" is. Period.

BackAssward said:
Nope, I checked the dictionary before replying.

spelt 1 (splt)
n.
A hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe.

The only definition, and no it is not an accepted alternative, by anyone who speaks english, other than people who think LULZ and such are accepted.

Nor is "cos" by anyone who actually speaks English. Unless we also want to say 'yall, and 'aint, and any other stupid crap. No "cos" and "spelt" isn't ok.

It's "cause" and "spelled" anything else is agreeing that omgwtfbbq is proper American English. Unless you agree that omgwtfbbq is an acceptable alternative, then you cannot say "cos" and "spelt" is. Period.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelt
–verb
a pt. and pp. of spell 1 .

I learnt that at school. :p

edit: too slow :(

BackAssward said:

I find it ironic that you would go to such lengths to ridicule someone's spelling or grammar, only to show that you don't have that great understanding of the subject yourself. If you're arguing for formally correct use of language (which is petty), your proposed "cause" is incorrect in the context. The correct word is "because", "'cause" is informal slang that is perfectly acceptable in informal contexts. As you put so much effort into formulating an elaborate nitpicky post to demonstrate someone else's inferiority, you should at least acknowledge when it's time to admit you were wrong and know when to shut up.

Also, when the discussion deteriorates into spelling contest you know it's become yet another paralympics. So why did you initiate it? I'll answer that for you: You got successfully trolled.

Under overwhelming proof to everything I could find and new, I accept failure in my research on this matter, and say sorry to all those who corrected me and I opposed (vehemently) I suppose I pontificated, but I thought I was correct (as a pontificator does).

I apologize, without reservation. I truly thought I had done my home work on "spelt".

However, I will still reserve that I am correct on "cos" and on the one attacking me being a full prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back