Newest Twitter From Craigx May Leave Us New Question?s

nightwheel

Website
www.nightwheel.wordpress.com
Craigix: The final nub firmware is amazing. The new code is tight. Should make for a great experience on the Pandora and whatever else...

Nice to hear that the Nubs are now up to snuff. But one has to wonder, what does he mean by "whatever else". Does he have some new surprise for us related to the nubs?

Let the speculation begin!

I liked the twitter post before it, that mentioned replies on twitter.

I do hope he's alluding to iControlPad, the anticipated iPhone/iTouch game controller he's been working on :) .

I'm pretty sure OpenPandora Inc. (what was the company name exactly) doesn't have the exclusive rights on those analog nubs.

ricki said:
I'm pretty sure OpenPandora Inc. (what was the company name exactly) doesn't have the exclusive rights on those analog nubs.

You might be right, but keep in mind, they did have them custom made. These aren't off-the-shelf nubs, OP paid for the design as well as the manufacture of them. Chances are that this doesn't give them full, exclusive rights to the nubs (the manufacturer will probably make them available for general sale, now that someone's paid them for the R&D), but we never know. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The nub company went bust, remember? I don't know what OP's rights are in terms of intellectual property, but IIRC they took possession of the hardware design when that happened.

I guess this opens up for a open source controller compatible for all major gaming systems :D

hell, if people want to buy the nubs they might as well sell them. they would be a good addition to any DIY console manufacturers or modders. i dont think ive ever seen a completely self contained nub like that before anywhere else.

its good to know there are additional financial options for the console

RenegadeChic said:
hell, if people want to buy the nubs they might as well sell them. they would be a good addition to any DIY console manufacturers or modders. i dont think ive ever seen a completely self contained nub like that before anywhere else.

its good to know there are additional financial options for the console
Someone will mod a third nub on, somehow. :)

latests twitters

22:38 Craigix: We're trying to get the factory to take some photos of those 105 for us.
2:52 Craigix: Might be a new much requested video tonight.
9:16 Craigix: If the mac could easily edit xvid the video would be uploaded already. Will have to move to a real computer.

Bosbeetle said:
latests twitters

22:38 Craigix: We're trying to get the factory to take some photos of those 105 for us.
9:16 Craigix: If the mac could easily edit xvid the video would be uploaded already. Will have to move to a real computer.
Lol I really hate Macs too. I don't see the point of Mac's operating system when Linux is better and for free and Windows already has many great programs and at least decent games.

Bosbeetle said:
latests twitters

confirmed. A mac is not a real computer

Tungsten said:
Bosbeetle said:
latests twitters

Knew that ;). Run Linux :D. Looking forward to the video .

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
Tungsten said:
Knew that ;) . Run Linux :D .
Actually the Mac operating system is a Unix derivat. It's based on BSD which did the work to get rid of original Unix code without loosing much of the functionality of the original Unix as far as I understood it.

ricki said:
fettouhi said:
Tungsten said:
Knew that ;) . Run Linux :D .
Actually the Mac operating system is a Unix derivat. It's based on BSD which did the work to get rid of original Unix code without loosing much of the functionality of the original Unix as far as I understood it.
...and?

Linux is in my opinion far superior to Mac, when it comes to the amount of available software for it, the quality of that software, and the community. A Mac usually tends to have better video editing tools, however.

Oh no! Don't let this thread end up like a PC vs Mac, X vs Y OS flamewar.

I'll end you all with saying that my VIC20 is the greatest computer! PWND!!! Kthnxbye..

Back