Newest Twitter From Craigx May Leave Us New Question?s

dflemstr said:
Linux is in my opinion far superior to Mac, when it comes to the amount of available software for it, the quality of that software

Do you use Macs? I use all three, and that comment is just pure ball-locks. First: Darwinports. Second: The general level of OSX software quality far eclipses that of Linux which just seems to have reams and reams of dross not unlike the Apple App store only without the $1.99 price tags.

OSX runs Diablo II LOD perfectly fine! Honestly... what more do you want out of a computer!? Games made this century? Pfff. Overrated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
latests twitters

22:38 Craigix: We're trying to get the factory to take some photos of those 105 for us.
2:52 Craigix: Might be a new much requested video tonight.
9:16 Craigix: If the mac could easily edit xvid the video would be uploaded already. Will have to move to a real computer.
I'm feeling you, Craigix. Most of mac's software are no shining paragons of format support.

"What do you mean I can only save my video in these few formats? And what are these neglieble-to-none options I get for them?"

Bad experiences there. My macbook stays the way it is, default booting to linux.

B-ZaR said:
My macbook stays the way it is, default booting to linux.
Yeah, know what you mean. I replaced the engine in my Ferrari with one from a Ford. The original was way too fast! :blink:

I think I know why Craig didn't comment in this thread...

Nation.A.List said:
B-ZaR said:
Yeah, know what you mean. I replaced the engine in my Ferrari with one from a Ford. The original was way too fast! :blink:
Well, if your ferrari let you turn only left and drive on Ferrari Accepted roads you did the right thing in my opinion.

OK, no need to escalate, we both made our points. Back to waiting for the video :)

I'm afraid I don't get craigs problem. If his video is in divx, he can just download handbrake and convert it to mpeg 4 or whatever. Not too difficult :). Btw, what kind of video recorder records straight to divx?

B-ZaR said:
Nation.A.List said:
B-ZaR said:
Well, if your ferrari let you turn only left and drive on Ferrari Accepted roads you did the right thing in my opinion.

OK, no need to escalate, we both made our points. Back to waiting for the video :)
Twas merely sarcasm on my part. :p Your point duly noted B) Roll on the new video!

why does craig use an mac? i mean, he is one of the peaple, who have a completly pandora, if he use the pandora for all, hi can test, how usely it is, .. B)

TheRain said:
Btw, what kind of video recorder records straight to divx?
Probably one strapped to a headcam. Easier to use whilst hang gliding off a Northumbrian hill with a Pandora in one hand and the 'new' SmartQ 7 MID in the other............(Sorry just bored)

Nation.A.List said:
TheRain said:
Btw, what kind of video recorder records straight to divx?
Probably one strapped to a headcam. Easier to use whilst hang gliding off a Northumbrian hill with a Pandora in one hand and the 'new' SmartQ 7 MID in the other............(Sorry just bored)

That would be funny if I didn't worry that it may actually be true :/

I don't know much about Macs but I always thought these Machines are THE Graphic and Video-Editing Monsters...so why could there any problem with a Video and a Mac? I thought they are friends like Photoshop is the best friend of Mac if it comes to Photo/graphic editing...
Hmm...

For video encoding you go Windows. For video editing, you can use whatever. I've heard good things about Final Cut Express.

I use MediaCoder because of the format support. You can encode just about anything. It has decoding support from all those linux projects(MPlayer, ffmpeg, etc.), as well as DirectShow codecs and other input/output methods. This makes it perfect for converting FRAPS video, or just about anything that has a windows codec.

I've gotten youtube-quality audio from it using 40kbit 3GPP AAC+. (upload uncompressed to youtube, then compare with the 40kbit AAC :) )

And youtube-quality video is easy with half the bitrate, if you tweak the H.264 settings. Just keep in mind that most everything else will fail to open H.264/AAC encoded with MediaCoder. It's not MediaCoder's fault, though - the other projects(all of them) just have outstanding bugs, and don't support the format(s) correctly. ;)

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=11d5d76fd3b95b26&hl=en

I remember trying to open H.264/AAC in AVIDemux - what a laugh!

Sorry guys for going off-topic, but I wanted to mention this in case it hasn't been mentioned somewhere else:

Nightwheel said:
Craigix: The final nub firmware is amazing. The new code is tight. Should make for a great experience on the Pandora and whatever else...

Nice to hear that the Nubs are now up to snuff. But one has to wonder, what does he mean by "whatever else". Does he have some new surprise for us related to the nubs?

Let the speculation begin!

Speculation has been discussed, but this is related to the nubs themselves:
DSC01409.jpg

From what I see, MWeston has been busy with the nubs, huh? "Jitter-free"
Source

And now we go back to the on-topic "Mac vs. PC" with "LINUX ROXORS" discussion.

I too once though macs were great at video/graphics.

No. Stick with the PC. Windows movie maker is better than anything but the most expensive mac tools.

Mac format support is also awful, not just on videos but in general.

There are also some really oddball quirks to the OS which make some of the windows ones look positively delightful.

I'm not wildly keen on Windows Movie Maker. While it's good for most videos, it really falls down when you want to add effects of any kind (even simple things such as adjusting the brightness/contrast). It's also very picky about what video formats it'll work with.
While it may cost money, I recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. It works in a very similar manner to Windows Movie Maker, but has a lot more features, and works with a lot more video formats.

That said, Windows Movie Maker is still one of the best video editing tools I've seen, and it has the serious advantage of being free.

I'm a big fan of the original AVI edit. It could only handle AVI files (any codec, however), no special effects, and minimal transitions, but it was free, fast, and easy.
By Aviedit, I mean this.
Interesting, lotta new features.

Looking at the picture above (of the control wired to the main board) it looks intresting, but a bit worrying. It looks a bit .... experimental with the wires soldered across. Isn't that a bit concerning (esp. if the pandoa is only months away)?

ljones

Back